Page 189 of 354 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199239289 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 5304

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    just read the issue.

still waiting for real Thor to do something relevant instead of getting knocked on his ass immediately when he arrived.
    Ah, I had a feeling this would be the case .

just read the issue.

still waiting for real Thor to do something relevant instead of getting knocked on his ass immediately when he arrived.
    Seems a little myopic. Presumably none of these things matter a jot:
    spoilers:

• Using Gnasher as a ram to distract War Thor and Help Thor
    • Calling out War Thor
    • Riding on Gnasher and battling War Thor even when War Thor is fully enraged and powerful
    • Sending 1610 Mjolnir away by sheer force of command

end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Seems a little myopic. Presumably none of these things matter a jot:
    spoilers:

• Using Gnasher as a ram to distract War Thor and Help Thor
    • Calling out War Thor
    • Riding on Gnasher and battling War Thor even when War Thor is fully enraged and powerful
    • Sending 1610 Mjolnir away by sheer force of command

end of spoilers
    nope, didn't help at all

nope, didn't help at all
    Well that isn't the writers fault is it? He has him in bombastic action, in one moment saving the day even, and you just see him on the floor at the end as if the action never happened. I suggest you just want to see Aaron as weakening Odinson and so that is what you see. Conclusion before evidence. It is your own enjoyment that suffers. If you assume the worst then it is easy to see the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ah, I had a feeling this would be the case .
    I mean, War of Thor's

Niffleheim

Well that isn't the writers fault is it? He has him in bombastic action, in one moment saving the day even, and you just see him on the floor at the end as if the action never happened. I suggest you just want to see Aaron as weakening Odinson and so that is what you see. Conclusion before evidence. It is your own enjoyment that suffers. If you assume the worst then it is easy to see the worst.
    God! when will the lessons stop? It seems like that is the only thing Aaron's Lady Thor run has been teaching us wayward unworthy Thor fans.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    God! when will the lessons stop? It seems like that is the only thing Aaron's Lady Thor run has been teaching us wayward unworthy Thor fans.
    I mean, she is better than Thor in every way.

maybe she should give him some private lessons on how to be Thor.

he is just a child to her.

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Aaron didn't have Thor save the day at all, he had him show up, try and reason with Volstagg, get knocked down and then get sent to the sidelines by Jane so she could talk Volstagg down by reminding him who he is (which Thor was apparently incapable of, even though he's known Volstagg for centuries).

The only "action" Thor himself is depicted in (and not his goat) is a grand total of two panels, one of which he's in the background and both where the writing is focused on Jane and Solomon, after which he's depicted on the ground.

And then in his other Aaron-written appearance today he's shown being a pathetic drunk, wishing for a bar fight while Jane is shown in a far more positive light. Gee, I wonder why fans think Aaron is shitting on Thor to make Jane look better. It's almost like he's been doing it for three years now.
    Last edited by Alpha to Omega; 09-27-2017 at 05:02 PM.

At this point I've resigned myself to knowing Thor will not be showcased or used well so long as he's not the lead of the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    Aaron didn't have Thor save the day at all, he had him show up, try and reason with Volstagg, get knocked down and then get sent to the sidelines by Jane so she could talk Volstagg down by reminding him who he is (which Thor was apparently incapable of, even though he's known Volstagg for centuries).

The only "action" Thor himself is depicted in (and not his goat) is a grand total of two panels, one of which he's in the background and both where the writing is focused on Jane and Solomon, after which he's depicted on the ground.

And then in his other Aaron-written appearance today he's shown being a pathetic drunk, wishing for a bar fight while Jane is shown in a far more positive light. Gee, I wonder why fans think Aaron is shitting on Thor to make Jane look better. It's almost like he's been doing it for three years now.
    You are minimising his role not the story as presented. It seems pretty obvious that Odinson is being positioned in Asgardia as a bystander that will be called to action, or in other words will get the fight he is itching for.

And as a drinker of beer and frequenter of bars, which I also know Aaron to be, drinking is not an indication of being 'pathetic', indeed drinking is a big part of Scandinavian culture and so is getting very drunk. The scene may indicate pathos in this case, as Odinson feels he has nothing much else to do, but the two are loosely connected ideas and you are clearly choosing the most negative.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 09-27-2017 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At this point I've resigned myself to knowing Thor will not be showcased or used well so long as he's not the lead of the book.
    Or rather, because he isn't the lead there is only so much space that can be devoted to him. In this issue quite a few panels considering it isn't really about him.

Or rather, because he isn't the lead there is only so much space that can be devoted to him. In this issue quite a few panels considering it isn't really about him.
    On top of that and how he is used and portrayed against Jane, which is because she's the Thor of the book, not him.

And as a drinker of beer and frequenter of bars, which I also know Aaron to be, drinking is not an indication of being 'pathetic', indeed drinking is a big part of Scandinavian culture and so is getting very drunk. The scene may indicate pathos in this case, as Odinson feels he has nothing much else to do, but the two are loosely connected ideas and you are clearly choosing the most negative.
    The way Aaron has used it in portraying Thor seems to highlight more of his self-loathing and diminished standing then it does any positive pathos.

Amazing Member

As a Scandinavian it is a large part of the culture yes... To drink socially. Not to sit alone in a bar and drink one's sorrows away, that is viewed as a gateway to alcoholism or the very least as someone who is self-medicating their depression with alcohol.

[Rant Incoming]
    The fact is that we still see Aaron write Thor Odinson as wracked by depression, feelings of unworthiness and self-loathing for what? Three years now? Without any form of character progress. Willy, nilly we've seen him dismembered and have his arm exchanged by a magic prosthesis of without it so much as being mentioned again. Clearly Thor Odinson here is meant to play second fiddle to Jane because whilst we hear about her battle with cancer every third issue Thor Odinson's pain after dismemberment, imprisonment, depression and having his bonded weapon taken from him, we still just see him sitting around in a bar drinking his pain away and not being able to move onward from this point. I don't think Aaron wants to portray Thor Odinson in a positive light, he's had ample opportunity, even after the events of Unworthy Thor he still can't move on. And is his pain addressed? Do we see him deal with it somehow? Do we see anyone else of his friends other than Beta Ray Bill try to help him, show sympathy? Do we see any other Avengers even talking to him about it? No we don't. Because Aaron isn't interested in looking at Thor Odinson's struggle. This is Jane's story and what Thor Odinson lives through is glossed over in favour of promoting Jane as the ideal Thor.

It is especially ironic that their interaction is so limited and that Thor Odinson doesn't get much action. With the two of them, apart from fighting each other or bickering like they were still a couple most of their interaction are very shallow. And aside from one another, Jane-Thor is doing a lot of cool Thor-Adventures and Thor Odinson is doing.. well not many cool Thor-Adventures. How is he supposed to either find worth in himself either being able to come back to lifting the hammer or living without it if he's not allowed to do anything other then sink deeper?

It also seems that the Hammer is sentient AND Thor Odinson seems to be at least partially aware of that fact as he talks to it. He really should realize that the hammer's idea of "worthiness" is skewed at best and at worst, the hammer's agenda is truly sinister.

I assume the Hammer knows or at least understands Thor Odinson's feelings, it must've known what would happen if he "lost it" he became a broken shell of who he once was and it did it anyway and went right over to Jane whom it is using and slowly killing. Doesn't sound like the hammer's definition of worthy is much to hang from the Christmas Tree.

Finally. That part in early Thor God of Thunder, of King Thor calling out with Mjolnir about "In the name of she who wielded you best!", well at the moment I thought it would've been a nice homage of how one character honoured another. But now, two and a half-years later.. I feel like it was just the first of many, many, many preachy comments about how Jane Foster, who has held the hammer for all about three years, is the bestest Thor who is oh so wise.

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by themarkus View Post
    Finally. That part in early Thor God of Thunder, of King Thor calling out with Mjolnir about "In the name of she who wielded you best!", well at the moment I thought it would've been a nice homage of how one character honoured another. But now, two and a half-years later.. I feel like it was just the first of many, many, many preachy comments about how Jane Foster, who has held the hammer for all about three years, is the bestest Thor who is oh so wise.
    I agree with most of your post, but I'm pretty sure that King Thor line was from Ewing's Loki: AoA and not God of Thunder.

Amazing Member

Oh yeah, you're right. My mistake. It was.. still came off -really- preachy in light of current events.