Page 19 of 354 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast
    BANNED

That would mean Jane is lying to Odinson's face and pretending to not know about what's happened to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    That would mean Jane is lying to Odinson's face and pretending to not know about what's happened to him.
    It might make sense if having the hammer is somehow making her worse. If he knew the truth then he would definitely stop her and that hammer would be stuck on the moon until Thor overcame the whisper of doom.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post
    That was my thought as well. Roz seems a little too obvious at this point and Jane too much ruled out.

Why would Aaron bring up this sudden magic-aversion of Jane's multiple times unless there was a pay-off coming?

So now I would guess Jane is the new Thor and Roz is the red herring.
    I don't doubt that the magic aversion will be leading to something bigger for Jane, but I mean, Roz's car was above Roxxon unattended right as Thor attacked, that has to be explained if it's somehow Jane. It also has to be explained how, when Jane is apparently under constant care of the Asgardian er... doctors? she can get away to do the whole Thor thing without them noticing. It's just not fitting.

The number of beings who can bend the Destroyer to their will is increasing exponentially just in a few years. It used to be Odin and Thor, while Gillen added Volstagg! and now Aaron has added Cul. Then again at least Cul has made his own mega-Destroyer.

It still sticks in my craw that Balder was unable to control the Destroyer.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

You know what would be freaky, if Thor wasn't Roz or Jane, but rather the Hammer created something based on it's own need? Like Thor's really a construct of the Hammer's spirit that's taken physical form. Sort of like the whole thing with the Tardis and the Doctor. Or Jane could be splitting herself and manifesting a form of her without knowing she's doing it?

Niffleheim

This sentient Mjölnir annoys me to no end. It seems to do the fighting all on its own. I don't like that the wielder seems to be ineffective.
    Last edited by Tofali; 03-13-2015 at 11:06 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I don't doubt that the magic aversion will be leading to something bigger for Jane, but I mean, Roz's car was above Roxxon unattended right as Thor attacked, that has to be explained if it's somehow Jane. It also has to be explained how, when Jane is apparently under constant care of the Asgardian er... doctors? she can get away to do the whole Thor thing without them noticing. It's just not fitting.
    You might very well be right.

Roz is the most obvious and well-fitting candidate, just started to seem too obvious for something apparently meant to be a mystery at the moment.

Fantastic Member

Would be a semi-let down if it turns out to be Roz.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Aresielle
    Color

BANNED

I think Aaron would be smart to end the mystery. Roz is the best option, in my opinion. With her, Aaron doesn't have years of continuity to fuss with.

https://youtu.be/SBuHkqvHVgk?list=PL...3Xg0hXtT24-kS3

Fun and nutty episode. Zarrko ended up being a fairly obscure villain in Marvel's canon and Thor's in particular. Still, it's a great excuse for King Kirby to draw all sorts of wild sci-fi landscapes and impossibly complex machinery. Besides Jack Kirby's art, I'd swear that some of the artwork used here is from Don Heck. It's amusing that Thor's "touchstone" is a photo of Jane. Here we also got to see how Odin would frequently aid or interfere with Thor's life on a recurring basis, stripping his power or giving it back on a whim.

I wonder where Zarrko should show up again? Would he make a better villain for someone else? Could he be reinvented for the female Thor? Should be possibly join a group?

... Mjolnir is sentient? Male or female?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    The number of beings who can bend the Destroyer to their will is increasing exponentially just in a few years. It used to be Odin and Thor, while Gillen added Volstagg! and now Aaron has added Cul. Then again at least Cul has made his own mega-Destroyer.

It still sticks in my craw that Balder was unable to control the Destroyer.
    Actually he has previously.

In this story, Loki imprisons Balder inside the Destoyer, who is fated to destroy the first thing it lays eyes on. Initially it's Thor, but when Loki decks Karnilla in front of it Balder's feelings for the Norn Queen overcome the programming and it starts after Loki instead.

We have seen Thor had to wrestle with the contructs "AI" to get control back in the Simonson era. Odin of course wrote the operating system to he knows all the tricks, but anybody with sufficient will power should be capable of doing it. Though some, like Balder, might need a strong emotional trigger.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    The explanation could be its a simple coincidence. Roz could have been trying to break in to find some intel right as T.H.O.R. showed up.

Indeed, I am more than half expecting that to be the case.

The collapse during the meeting that was mentioned could be because Jane was having an out of body experience...
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    This sentient Mjölnir annoys me to no end. It seems to do the fighting all on its own. I don't like that the wielder seems to be ineffective.
    Just another painfully forced plot-device to try and make this whole story "work."

It would've been cool if they'd shown The Unseen watching Thor from the shadows as he stood on the moon lamenting his lost hammer. No words, no dialogue at all, just watching (which is all he can do, really).
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/