Page 2 of 354 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anis View Post
    That's hilarious! Where is it from?
    Avengers 24. The Rogue planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    Avengers 24. The Rogue planet.
    Thanks!

I meant to ask this question before the board got rebooted, are there any Thor-centric Avengers titles or events/crossovers out there?

Samnee captured the mighty spirit of Thor as well!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ultimate Member

I just picked up all three TPB's of JMS's run yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Anis View Post
    Thanks!

I meant to ask this question before the board got rebooted, are there any Thor-centric Avengers titles or events/crossovers out there?
    Well, there is a few things, but mostly from the last few years.

Following JMS awesome run, Thor got popular again, and ended up frontlining the event Siege, which was about the Avengers getting back together again, from the schism that happened during Civil War. It was the end of the period known as the Dark Reign - where Norman Osborn took over SHIELD and made it into Hammer instead.

So, Siege is the series you're looking for. =) There was Fear Itself as well... but it got rather mixed reviews, so I don't know if I can recommend that one. I was kind-of so-so on it as well.

An actual Avengers-series that had a bigger focus on Thor and his world, was actually the mini-series called Avengers Prime - written by Bendis, chronicling the fall-out of Siege, where Asgard was destroyed by the Cosmically empowered Sentry - or rather, the Void. ( the Void has powers similar to the Molecule Man, so he's a daaamn tough cookie, hence how he could take down Asgard.)

Here's some links to 'em. =)

Siege
    http://www.amazon.com/Siege-Brian-Mi.../dp/0785140794

Avengers Prime
    http://www.amazon.com/Avengers-Prime.../dp/B00DTP1LR4

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post
    Well, there is a few things, but mostly from the last few years.

Following JMS awesome run, Thor got popular again, and ended up frontlining the event Siege, which was about the Avengers getting back together again, from the schism that happened during Civil War. It was the end of the period known as the Dark Reign - where Norman Osborn took over SHIELD and made it into Hammer instead.

So, Siege is the series you're looking for. =) There was Fear Itself as well... but it got rather mixed reviews, so I don't know if I can recommend that one. I was kind-of so-so on it as well.

An actual Avengers-series that had a bigger focus on Thor and his world, was actually the mini-series called Avengers Prime - written by Bendis, chronicling the fall-out of Siege, where Asgard was destroyed by the Cosmically empowered Sentry - or rather, the Void. ( the Void has powers similar to the Molecule Man, so he's a daaamn tough cookie, hence how he could take down Asgard.)

Here's some links to 'em. =)

Siege
    http://www.amazon.com/Siege-Brian-Mi.../dp/0785140794

Avengers Prime
    http://www.amazon.com/Avengers-Prime.../dp/B00DTP1LR4
    Thanks for the recommendations. I got Avengers Prime but haven't read others so I'm going to check them out. Do I need to read anything before Siege? I only followed the X-MEN during the Dark Reign but I've known the basic background and a few main bad guys from the Utopia arc.

Ohhhhhh no, Thor is so beautiful. He's what really got me into Marvel in the first place. Through him, i started loving other characters and my comic collection grew. Don't even get me started on that huge lovable jerk. He's a softie but he is still incredibly powerful.

thoslookinforloki.jpg

from Uncanny Avengers Annual 1

my Esad Ribic commission from NYCC last year.

I kind of wish they would make it be that Jane is the reincarnation of Jarnsaxa and make her an equal love interest. It would be a huge retcon but on the other hand it would bring a someone from Norse mythology by combining her with an established character in the comics. Besides I think it would give Jane more a chance to get in on the action. Not to mention it would make her and Sif into bash sisters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%A1rnsaxa

BANNED

I wish he'd ask me to hold his mug.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rocky123 View Post
    Thor punking Tony HARD in Volume 3 gives me goosebumps every time I read it. That is The God of Thunder at his badass best.

Also I had to skip some images cause I believe 3 scans is the forum rule but after this is said and done, as Thor is walking away, Tony says his armor is fried and asks Thor how he is supposed to get back to base. Without even giving him the respect of turning around Thor simply says "walk". That is some pimp **** right there.
    What issue was that
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    What issue was that
    Thor Vol 3 #3 I believe.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THE KZA View Post

my Esad Ribic commission from NYCC last year.
    That's lovely. Thanks for sharing it.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy