Page 234 of 354 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234235236237238244284334 ... LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 5304
    BANNED

Talking Happy Thor's Day!!!

..and happy birthday Keith Giffen!!!

Thorion of the New Asgods #1 Jun 1997
    "Thorion and the New Asgods!"
    In order to save two universes, the young hero known as Access was forced to use the power of Amalgam (see Marvel versus DC (1996) #3).
    In this issue, Thor and the Asgardians are merged with Orion and the New Gods.

Can Thorion and his fellow Asgods prevent Ragnarok, the end of days?

Not if L'ok Desaad (Loki/Desaad) and the power of his Mother Cube (Mother Box/Cosmic Cube) have anything to say about it.

Story by Keith Giffen http://www.comicsreporter.com/index...._keith_giffen/. Art by John Romita, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    and damn, Thor looks lame af in the movie.

Cap(whoever was that) > Proxima Midnight
    With a short hair, he just doesn't come off as Thor to me. He's just some dude.

Speaking of Keith Giffen, he would have been cool on Thor.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    ..and happy birthday Keith Giffen!!!

Thorion of the New Asgods #1 Jun 1997
    "Thorion and the New Asgods!"
    In order to save two universes, the young hero known as Access was forced to use the power of Amalgam (see Marvel versus DC (1996) #3).
    In this issue, Thor and the Asgardians are merged with Orion and the New Gods.

Can Thorion and his fellow Asgods prevent Ragnarok, the end of days?

Not if L'ok Desaad (Loki/Desaad) and the power of his Mother Cube (Mother Box/Cosmic Cube) have anything to say about it.

Story by Keith Giffen http://www.comicsreporter.com/index...._keith_giffen/. Art by John Romita, Jr.
    That was a fun issue. I may have to go dig it out and re-read it.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    With a short hair, he just doesn't come off as Thor to me. He's just some dude.
    true.Could have given him back his cape at least.

I agree. Without the cape in the long blonde hair and a hammer he just looks like some stiff.

Astonishing Member

I don't mind the short hair

The rest is too generic for me

But maybe that's the point

To show a loss of identity

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    true.Could have given him back his cape at least.
    I thought I saw some promotional image for the Variety showcase that had him in a cape (granted, he was still holding Mjolnir).
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    I agree. Without the cape in the long blonde hair and a hammer he just looks like some stiff.
    I kind of have to agree.

Maybe if they had him wearing his comic helmet he would look more recognizable.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I don't mind the short hair

The rest is too generic for me

But maybe that's the point

To show a loss of identity
    That would apply to the comics with how Aaron has being writing him for the last few years but that shouldn’t apply to the movies where not only has he retained his identity but has actually upgraded his status with newly discovered powers and becoming the new King of the Asgardians unless you referring to the loss of Asgard and Mjolnir being the loss of his identity?

BANNED

Happy Thor's Day!

By Odin's Beard, Im King Thor

By Gizza Sigyn SP

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought I saw some promotional image for the Variety showcase that had him in a cape (granted, he was still holding Mjolnir).

I kind of have to agree.

Maybe if they had him wearing his comic helmet he would look more recognizable.
    Did you mean the recent Vanity Fair stuff? Has Thor decked out in all black, two eyes, and Mjolnir.

Avengers-Infinity-War-VF-Photo-4.jpg

Amazing Member

Random question but I'm looking for a Thor cover. Not sure if that warrants its own thread so I figured I would ask here first.

Long story short I was at a comic show flipping through the boxes and saw a Thor comic cover that looked interesting. I didn't grab it right away but when I went back it wasn't there anymore so guess someone must have bought it. Thing is I didn't grab a number so I have no clue what issue it was and have been trying to find the cover online.

On the cover it featured Thor and a group of characters holding hammers. I'm pretty sure there was a woman holding a hammer (I think she had white on) and I thought I saw the Thor frog on there holding up a hammer. The comic might be from around the 80's or early 90's.

Now part of me thinks I was flipping through the comics box too fast. Maybe I am mixing up covers and confusing it with Thor 440 since that cover has a group of Thor characters on there too but I'm pretty sure I saw a woman on the cover holding a hammer. If that cover sounds familiar to anyone please let me know! I've been wracking my brain trying to find it and my Thor knowledge is pretty limited haha. Thanks if anyone has an answer!

Amazing Member

Thor was always the dude who kept his head held high "do not surrender to despair" he would say.
    Well he lost his hammer and he's a drunk asshat now. He's also a big huge baby about the whole thing.

Why is this? What is Marvel going for? Is this part of the diversity thing where they are like "look diversity people, our muscular, confident, white guy lead character is now an ashamed drug user. We fixed him for being so cliche" Is that what that is?

Quote Originally Posted by Javier View Post
    Random question but I'm looking for a Thor cover. Not sure if that warrants its own thread so I figured I would ask here first.

Long story short I was at a comic show flipping through the boxes and saw a Thor comic cover that looked interesting. I didn't grab it right away but when I went back it wasn't there anymore so guess someone must have bought it. Thing is I didn't grab a number so I have no clue what issue it was and have been trying to find the cover online.

On the cover it featured Thor and a group of characters holding hammers. I'm pretty sure there was a woman holding a hammer (I think she had white on) and I thought I saw the Thor frog on there holding up a hammer. The comic might be from around the 80's or early 90's.

Now part of me thinks I was flipping through the comics box too fast. Maybe I am mixing up covers and confusing it with Thor 440 since that cover has a group of Thor characters on there too but I'm pretty sure I saw a woman on the cover holding a hammer. If that cover sounds familiar to anyone please let me know! I've been wracking my brain trying to find it and my Thor knowledge is pretty limited haha. Thanks if anyone has an answer!
    Is it this?

Or this?

Thor 703 and 704 preview