Page 253 of 354 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263303353 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,795 of 5304

Quote Originally Posted by Freud View Post
    Okay, but while reading Infinity Countdown: ...
    Hmmm will have to check it out, but let’s face it, we have no idea when the respective stories take place, or whether the current storyline in Thor will result in there not being a female Thor. Indeed it seems unlikely because of her popularity.

As to spoil tags they are easy I will make one here and if you hit reply with quotes you will be able to see how it works.

spoilers:
    This is a spoiler
    end of spoilers

I have snipped your post so you can still go back and add the tag if you want by editing your post.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 02-10-2018 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Hmmm will have to check it out, but let’s face it, we have no idea when the respective stories take place, or whether the current storyline in Thor will result in there not being a female Thor. Indeed it seems unlikely because of her popularity.

As to spoil tags they are easy I will make one here and if you hit reply with quotes you will be able to see how it works.

spoilers:
    This is a spoiler
    end of spoilers

I have snipped your post so you can still go back and add the tag if you want by editing your post.
    Thank you!

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    This is a spoiler
    end of spoilers

I'd love it if thor returned to his confident glory as god of thunder and jane remains too

I could read a lot of these 2 out there kicking bad guys around the universe

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I could read a lot of these 2 out there kicking bad guys around the universe
    Even if they would feel kind of redundant together .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I'd have one in the avengers

One off in space or asgard

plenty of room for both for me

well, Jane will die so...

Well it does appear that Odinson’s role will be shifting so they wouldn’t be doing the same things.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    well, Jane will die so...
    Doesn’t mean the Female Thor will. She is a goddess. Odinson has died twice at least in the last ten years. Under Aaron he was ‘better’ in the very next panel.

Doesn’t mean the Female Thor will. She is a goddess. Odinson has died twice at least in the last ten years. Under Aaron he was ‘better’ in the very next panel.
    well, those of the pantheon don't die permanently.

what do you mean he was written better???

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    well, those of the pantheon don't die permanently.

what do you mean he was written better???
    No I mean that in the godbomb story Thor died and was alive again in the story immediately. Whether he was better as in back to his old self was obviously a plot point.

Jane is mortal, her Thor alter ego is not necessary mortal or even necessarily tied to Jane’s mortality. That is an important point that needs underlining Thor Goddess of Thunder is not necessarily Jane just as in the original stories Blake was not Thor. That was later retconned of course but there has always been ambiguity in that retcon because it was retconned again later such that officially canon states that up until Blake lifted the hammer he was actually a human and he stayed in limbo in that cave until he was killed.

One of Aaron’s themes has been this question of humanity and deity and that will probably be emphasised in Jane’s presumed death in some way.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 02-10-2018 at 05:14 PM.

spoilers:
    This is a spoiler
    end of spoilers

I hate they use the word "spoil". should have just gone with "spoiler" .... I find myself forgetting it constantly the way it is now.

Is betaray bill redundant?

They've had the two in the same comic for years now, heck War Thor temporarily bumped the count to 3. I don't think adding a hammer is going to be a big problem.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    Is betaray bill redundant?

They've had the two in the same comic for years now, heck War Thor temporarily bumped the count to 3. I don't think adding a hammer is going to be a big problem.
    Bill is in and out of the comics so much that I think he's less of an issue compared to, say, promoting both Thor and Jane together.

Thor has basically been in a supporting role to Jane outside his own mini, which is basically what Bill more or less is to the actual Thor whenever he's around, and the War Thor was basically taken care of by Mangog.

Bill's like the Mon-El to Thor's Superman, I guess, only he doesn't really have a Legion thing to call his own so he's just in limbo when writers aren't using him.

Amazing Member

I'm starting to think that the real Thor will sacrifice himself to save Jane, making himself "worthy". Mjolnir then leaves her to return to it's rightful master...thus killing Jane in the process. Jane ascends to Valhalla, is given a new weapon, and everyone is happy.

Mighty Member

Way back in the 70s or 80s when Roy Thomas was writing Thor they had the intention to marry Thor and Sif like in norse mythology. I always thought Jane Foster was the better love interest but at that time they had dispatched her off to be with Dr. Kinkaid. I really enjoyed the Superman/Wonder Woman pairing at DC while it lasted and Jane Foster finally made a goddess after this storyline and married to Thor would be a great ending to the Aaron arc, at least until the next writer wrecks everything up and brings back the status quo like with mostly every superhero marriage.
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon