Page 254 of 354 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258264304 ... LastLast
Results 3,796 to 3,810 of 5304

I personally don't think Thor should get married any time soon. He's technically still a "young" god.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    unacceptable. This should have been in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Well it does appear that Odinson’s role will be shifting so they wouldn’t be doing the same things.
    What do you think Odinson's new role will be? The logical step would be King Thor, but that seems a lot premature despite Odin probably being out of action after the next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Thursaiz View Post
    I'm starting to think that the real Thor will sacrifice himself to save Jane, making himself "worthy". Mjolnir then leaves her to return to it's rightful master...thus killing Jane in the process. Jane ascends to Valhalla, is given a new weapon, and everyone is happy.
    Hmm I am not sure. Sacrifice is what makes Jane worthy. Odinson is worthy when he is striving to be worthy and isn't sure he is.

A couple of my theories. In both Jane dies as a mortal.

Either Mangog, in killing Jane, realises that he is just as bad as the Gods he hates and is therefore unworthy of the power given to him (mimicking Odinson). Or he sees that when Jane dies she becomes Thor, becomes a God. He realises that mortals can become Gods and that he is becoming a God (mimicking the God Butcher). His weakness is that he loves to kill Gods (Cull knows this).

In both cases he is weakened and Odinson and co will be able to defeat him, not necessarily using brute force.

Quote Originally Posted by WaxHawk View Post
    What do you think Odinson's new role will be? The logical step would be King Thor, but that seems a lot premature despite Odin probably being out of action after the next issue.
    Defender of the Realms as Champion of Yggdrasil is where I think the story is headed. I think that new hammer isn't gold but is actually Sap from the world tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Anis View Post
    That's hilarious! Where is it from?
    Avengers #024.Now by Hickman and Ribic 2014

art by WilloWhisper18

Question for Thor fans. How highly do you rate the DeFalco/Frenz run? I collected it during the original run, but I must admit that I was never a fan of Eric Masterson as Thor. For me, it's the third best Thor run behind the Lee/Kirby and Walt Simonson runs up until Masterson takes the mantle. Yeah, Frenz was basically doing a long-form homage to Kirby, but it was SO well done for those first few years that I forgive the indulgences.

Quote Originally Posted by WaxHawk View Post
    And we've already gone down that well a few times.

(Plus it would probably be accused of being a story development for movie synergy).
    Defender of the Realms as Champion of Yggdrasil is where I think the story is headed. I think that new hammer isn't gold but is actually Sap from the world tree.
    That doesn't seem much different from what he generally does, though if this "Champion of Yggdrasil" bit means he gets an upgrade, I'd be for it.

Astonishing Member

A interesting look at the TOP 10 BREAKUPS @ Marvel.Com........with a ironic look at the choice for #7........

http://news.marvel.com/comics/84446/top-10-break-ups

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That doesn't seem much different from what he generally does, though if this "Champion of Yggdrasil" bit means he gets an upgrade, I'd be for it.
    When has the main Thor title focused long term on the other realm worlds without continually refocusing on either Asgard or Midgard? (Apart from under Aaron of course.)

When has the main Thor title focused long term on the other realm worlds without continually refocusing on either Asgard or Midgard? (Apart from under Aaron of course.)
    Even if a Thor book tried to shift focus to the wider Nine Realms it would probably still inevitably re-focus back on Asgard and Earth .

Even if a Thor book tried to shift focus to the wider Nine Realms it would probably still inevitably re-focus back on Asgard and Earth .
    Not sure about that because Aaron is 'Mr reiterate the premise and explore it fully'. But this is speculation right now. It feels to me where Odinson is heading.

Not sure about that because Aaron is 'Mr reiterate the premise and explore it fully'. But this is speculation right now. It feels to me where Odinson is heading.
    I just really don't see how that's much different from what Thor generally does or has been shown to do.

In practice I don't think it would probably feel that different if he's swinging a hammer around the Nine Realms again. And he would then still feel the need to protect Asgard and Midgard as he always has.

I just really don't see how that's much different from what Thor generally does or has been shown to do.

In practice I don't think it would probably feel that different if he's swinging a hammer around the Nine Realms again. And he would then still feel the need to protect Asgard and Midgard as he always has.
    It is a slight shift in focus - but only slight. I tend to agree with you in that it wouldn't be much different from his normal mode of operation.