Page 257 of 354 FirstFirst ... 157207247253254255256257258259260261267307 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,855 of 5304

Has there been any news on when Aaron will be off Thor?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    Has there been any news on when Aaron will be off Thor?
    No, but Russell Dauterman might be leaving after Mighty Thor #706, while Michael Del Mundo becomes the artist for the next chapter of Aaron's Thor saga.

That doesn’t please me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    doubtful.

Odin is a fodder.
    I think your correct

But I can hope 😦

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    No, but Russell Dauterman might be leaving after Mighty Thor #706, while Michael Del Mundo becomes the artist for the next chapter of Aaron's Thor saga.
    Excellent. Del Mundo is one of my favourite artists working in comics today. I know his work can divide opinions. I hope the wider audience will get to look at his work though fresh eyes and see how talented he is.

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Arnt previews designed to allow a certain amount of pre judgement

I mean they want it to be positive so we will buy in, but that's not always gonna be the case

But sure, it might play out differently
    Not really. They are a tease of the art and context not of the plot. I don’t read them if I can help it but they rarely spoil anything significant. They are often misleading because they are early pages before any reversal or reveal changes the nature of the story in the issue.

We know it won’t be as simple as Jane taking the hammer and beating up Mangog, thereby saving the day. Even if it was that simple, that contains at least three different potential dramatic obstacles.

1. Jane is subsumed into Female Thor and lost forever, such that even when she drops the hammer Female Thor remains.
    2. Jane dies as soon as Female Thor drops the hammer making any act a self sacrifice.
    3. Jane effectively dies by picking up the hammer leaving an autonomous Female Thor that is no longer Jane.

Any one of these and potentially a few more I haven’t thought of could be the result of her actions which may or may not actually involve dealing a decisive blow against Mangog. It is entirely possible that the way to ‘break the spell’ of Mangog is to act selflessly. Something it is technically difficult for Odin to do against Mangog because Mangog himself is the result of Odin’s hubris.

Even Odinson fighting Mangog is not a pure selfless act, because he would be saving everything that is dear to him.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 02-17-2018 at 02:11 AM.

Just got tot his part of Civil War and wow...
    12-24-2015-2.jpg
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Not really. They are a tease of the art and context not of the plot. I don’t read them if I can help it but they rarely spoil anything significant. They are often misleading because they are early pages before any reversal or reveal changes the nature of the story in the issue.

We know it won’t be as simple as Jane taking the hammer and beating up Mangog, thereby saving the day. Even if it was that simple, that contains at least three different potential dramatic obstacles.

1. Jane is subsumed into Female Thor and lost forever, such that even when she drops the hammer Female Thor remains.
    2. Jane dies as soon as Female Thor drops the hammer making any act a self sacrifice.
    3. Jane effectively dies by picking up the hammer leaving an autonomous Female Thor that is no longer Jane.

Any one of these and potentially a few more I haven’t thought of could be the result of her actions which may or may not actually involve dealing a decisive blow against Mangog. It is entirely possible that the way to ‘break the spell’ of Mangog is to act selflessly. Something it is technically difficult for Odin to do against Mangog because Mangog himself is the result of Odin’s hubris.

Even Odinson fighting Mangog is not a pure selfless act, because he would be saving everything that is dear to him.
    or she is simply stronger than entirety of Asgard.

plain and simple.
    Last edited by GodThor; 02-17-2018 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    I think Del Mundo will work better on Aaron's Thor then he did on Waid's Avengers.

Fantastic Member

The Mangog was born because of the gods' violence. Though she may beat him in a physical contest, it will be at least implicitly tied into her sacrifice (if not explicitly). Her fighting him is the opposite of the self-centered violence that originally drove his race to extinction. Thus, it thematically makes sense for her to be able to draw upon that sacrifice in order to defeat him.

BANNED

just learned that Thor is actually the Goddess Bast's uncle

mind blown

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    just learned that Thor is actually the Goddess Bast's uncle

mind blown
    ummm what???

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    ummm what???
    Thor is the half-brother of Bast's father Atum (they share the same mother, Gaea) making him Bast's uncle.