Page 282 of 354 FirstFirst ... 182232272278279280281282283284285286292332 ... LastLast
Results 4,216 to 4,230 of 5304
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    Ah. Jane Thor is finally toast.

What a horrible idea that was to begin with. I haven't read a single issue of Thor since God of Thunder #25, apart from The Unworthy Thor mini a while back.

I will be checking out the next volume though.

Her story has had some great moments

the rest of the mythos has faltered badly imo especially thor and odin

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    @godthor

All of this,I'm so dissapointed in this portrayel of the gods

I'm truly staggered by the way this was resolved
    yep, unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by marge_23 View Post
    woah you hit the nail in the head with this one. I had forgotten how Strange connected Thor to his hammer. And apparently so did Aaron, but he definitely did not forget his own story when all of the thors were perfectly safe in the sun (as was the hammers). So I guess he simply doesn't care about that kind of major detail about the gods. and yes spoilers:
    odin and freyja were floating helplessly in space...even though they're gods...and now the asgardians are homeless
    end of spoilers
    thanks.

I'm not looking forward to his next Thor run.

I won't even read it unless I see people saying it's very good.. which won't considering the summary.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    yep, unbelievable.

thanks.

I'm not looking forward to his next Thor run.

I won't even read it unless I see people saying it's very good.. which won't considering the summary.
    What is the summary about?

Quote Originally Posted by marge_23 View Post
    What is the summary about?
    The artifacts of Asgard have been scattered across the Earth, and to reclaim them, Thor will have to face some ugly truths…Like the production cost of hundreds of new hammers! And he’ll need every last one of them if he’s going to stop the unstoppable when none other than the Juggernaut joins the fray.

"On the one hand, I still feel like I’m writing the same Thor story that began six years ago," writer Jason Aaron said in an interview with Marvel. "But at the same time, God of Thunder had a very different look and feel and focus than Jane Foster’s story. And even though Thor Odinson is now reclaiming his mantle, this new volume will also be going in a very different direction. Thor has a completely new status-quo. Actually the entire landscape of his corner of the Marvel Universe has been changed in the wake of the ‘Death of the Mighty Thor’ arc in Mighty Thor. But there’s still a War of the Realms raging, and Thor isn’t looking to stand on the sidelines.”

Amazing Member

Lol I'm gonna leave this here

394.jpg

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    The artifacts of Asgard have been scattered across the Earth, and to reclaim them, Thor will have to face some ugly truths…Like the production cost of hundreds of new hammers! And he’ll need every last one of them if he’s going to stop the unstoppable when none other than the Juggernaut joins the fray.

"On the one hand, I still feel like I’m writing the same Thor story that began six years ago," writer Jason Aaron said in an interview with Marvel. "But at the same time, God of Thunder had a very different look and feel and focus than Jane Foster’s story. And even though Thor Odinson is now reclaiming his mantle, this new volume will also be going in a very different direction. Thor has a completely new status-quo. Actually the entire landscape of his corner of the Marvel Universe has been changed in the wake of the ‘Death of the Mighty Thor’ arc in Mighty Thor. But there’s still a War of the Realms raging, and Thor isn’t looking to stand on the sidelines.”
    So he is the God of Hammers. That's a shame cause I really liked the God of Thunder arc cause it showed with or without his hammer, whether he was God of Thunder or the All-Father, no matter what thor was still thor.

I disliked the whole arc (not due to Jane but due to Aaron's approach towards Thor himself and the Gods) and I absolutely hate the way it is resolving.

Not gonna pick up the new series and will probably try to ignore it until a new writer comes along.

Aaron's a fantastic writer... but his personal ideology is not what I want to see informing the metaphysics of Marvel's Asgardian mythos.

Fantastic Member

Hold on. Jane destroyed Mjolnir?

Let's go back to JMS's run on Thor. When Thor Odinson broke Mjolnir, Dr. Strange repaired it by tapping into the Odin-Force which Thor wielded at the time. Strange cautioned Thor that henceforth his life was was tied to the hammer's. If Mjolnir was ever badly damaged again, Thor would die.

What happened to that?
    Last edited by Marvelman; 03-21-2018 at 06:02 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    I disliked the whole arc (not due to Jane but due to Aaron's approach towards Thor himself and the Gods) and I absolutely hate the way it is resolving.

Not gonna pick up the new series and will probably try to ignore it until a new writer comes along.

Aaron's a fantastic writer... but his personal ideology is not what I want to see informing the metaphysics of Marvel's Asgardian mythos.
    That, exactly. I don't envy the writer who has to clean up after him

I don't think the hammer is destroyed for good. It's just keeping Mangog tied down to the sun. At least that's what it looks like to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    I don't think the hammer is destroyed for good. It's just keeping Mangog tied down to the sun. At least that's what it looks like to me.
    Yeah...

It's not like we have any incredibly obvious elements that point to that the hammer probably hasn't been destroyed.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    ...now that I think about it, that's some damn tough rope.

BANNED

Just finished it, actually really emotional, that page with Thor and Jane kissing was very nice and a throwback to their old days..........however, everything else was utter and absolute shit, and I am being mean to shit.

For starters, Mjolnir has been on the sun before and those temperatures should be like a breeze to the hammer, enchanted uru is way beyond the heat of the sun for christ's sake, a million suns wouldn't burn Mjolnir, and let's not forget how ridiculous it was to have Mangog with severe burns or Thor possibly dying from being in the sun, when Thor has fought in the sun thrice by my count (one in GOT by Jason Aaron himself smh) without any harm whatsoever.

BANNED

Also, poor Odin, what have they done to you.

Worst characterization I have ever seen on a comic book.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Yeah...

It's not like we have any incredibly obvious elements that point to that the hammer probably hasn't been destroyed.
    I just skimmed though it really fast, must have missed some things. This issue doesn't feel like worth another read so oh well.