Page 284 of 354 FirstFirst ... 184234274280281282283284285286287288294334 ... LastLast
Results 4,246 to 4,260 of 5304
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by themarkus View Post
    Oh my lord! Aaron you... Words cannot even describe. Well they can, they just aren't appropriate here. Sooo after all this time, we still have no answer to how Jane was suddenly worthy of the hammer. A very lack-luster reason to why Thor was unworthy aaaand when it's all said and done, Aaron leaves the story with Thor unable to reclaim that hammer so we'll never know if he's worthy of wielding it again. Because either it's destroyed OR it's meant to hold Mangog in the heart of the sun..

Hahaha oh man.. this is so bad it's comical. His dislike and negative feelings toward Thor Odinson and the mythos is so clear and obvious. It has been since GoT. In my oppinion. Aaron isn't even worthy of watching Thor in the cartoons, let alone writing his comic. It is a sad, sad day when Avengers Assemble handled the passing over of the hammer better than an "award winning" writer.
    In regard paragraph 1

I hadn't even considered the fact he can't reclaim the hammer and show his worthyness

this is even worse than I realised

I've to ask. I did refrain to do anything around these boards because i started to feel uneasy about marvel in general(but this is for another thread if i even want to talk about it). But now i've really to ask.
    Now that everything is done and finished, what was about these expulsion of bile and hate toward this arc of stories? We knew it was a temporary thing. We knew that would havwe ended tragically in way or another. Adn gave the right amount of drama and action. At very worst it was still better of the previous arc of stories of thor and what he was before(really i can barely remeber without googgling what he was doing before that absolure lie and disaster that was "original sin" it was really.....ehhh.) At least it was talked about and left some memorable moment.
    So I ask again before I go off topic, why EXACTLY in the detail, specifics and all, there had been such hostility by some (mostly avatarless) subjects toward this arc and its writer?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    I've to ask. I did refrain to do anything around these boards because i started to feel uneasy about marvel in general(but this is for another thread if i even want to talk about it). But now i've really to ask.
    Now that everything is done and finished, what was about these expulsion of bile and hate toward this arc of stories? We knew it was a temporary thing. We knew that would havwe ended tragically in way or another. Adn gave the right amount of drama and action. At very worst it was still better of the previous arc of stories of thor and what he was before(really i can barely remeber without googgling what he was doing before that absolure lie and disaster that was "original sin" it was really.....ehhh.) At least it was talked about and left some memorable moment.
    So I ask again before I go off topic, why EXACTLY in the detail, specifics and all, there had been such hostility by some (mostly avatarless) subjects toward this arc and its writer?
    Speaking only for myself the entire run including God of thunder has been a double edged sword

On one hand I have e joyed seeing jane weild the hammer, showing true courage in St her illness and as a mortal thrown into the life of an Avenger, asgardian and the asgard politics in both of her aspects

In fact it's the reason I've kept up with the story

I've also liked the increased presence of the other realms and the art has been fantastic

I have not enjoyed thor being unworthy of mjolnir, that is not in conflict with Jane being worthy for me, I coukd happily read about her with the hammer and thor without it or even dead, it is how he was made unworthy and his tragic depressed reaction to this I have really hated

Further I've really disliked the god storm idea

I've really disliked the vilification of Odin and the seeming obsession of showing all the gods as unworthy of humanity when most have no interaction with them and never have, yet thor, one of humanities greatest heros was hit hardest by this

I think aspects were dragged out far too long with little pay off, especially the whisper BT that's comics at marvel generally

I can't stand the retconned relationship between odin and mjolnir and how he can't weild it even as the creator and enchantment maker

I did enjoy the use of Volstagg as a main player, not keen on war thors ending but it was a nice idea

the Shi'ar gods story was great, loved the use of the pheonix in that story

mangog has been a let down, a creature that's been bested several times but thor and odin try to rely on brute force instead of smarter tactics especially given how odins faced the celestials, galactus, Mephisto, so many more powerful creatures

Seeing more of Freya was good too

the wrecking so easily of the destroyer was ridiculous

I will say the writer has great skill I just haven't liked how it's been applied away from janes part in this

Some woukd say they can't be compartmentalised, it's easy for me to do so

of course all of this is only my perspective

Last edited by GodThor; 03-22-2018 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post

People have explained in detail the reasoning for the hatred of Aaron’s run. Read past posts where people point out awful characterizations for Thor, Odin and every other Asgardian. Gor was right is what Nick Fury whispers to make Thor unworthy for fucks sake. Aaron had Titania give up because of girl power. Mjolnir being retconned to be a prison for a female god storm. If it was a prison why didn’t she escape when Mjolnir was destroyed when Thor used it against a Celestial? Why wasn’t there problems when Odin hid one of his ravens in Mjolnir during the Dark Gods story arc?

Also God of Thunder sucked as well.

Thor as an unsophisticated idiot who can't handle losing his hammer. Odin as a misogynistic idiot who wouldn't know wisdom if it took his other eye. Thor (and this is a favourite of mine) not just portrayed as being petty and spiteful to a dying ex-lover AND retconning him to have been a cheat back in the Lee/Kirby days. Basically character assassinating Thor and Odin in order to make Jane look good. We've all gone over this in detail again and again. It's really not difficult to understand.

Amazing Member

Fancy way of saying "You're all too dumb to understand my genius and brilliance".

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Thor as an unsophisticated idiot who can't handle losing his hammer. Odin as a misogynistic idiot who wouldn't know wisdom if it took his other eye. Thor (and this is a favourite of mine) not just portrayed as being petty and spiteful to a dying ex-lover AND retconning him to have been a cheat back in the Lee/Kirby days. Basically character assassinating Thor and Odin in order to make Jane look good. We've all gone over this in detail again and again. It's really not difficult to understand.
    Sure it is. They can’t seem to understand most of us have been reading his story for decades and holes in the story and characters written like a complete different character gets constant complaints at comic shops across the U.S. Another thing that gets constant complaints is when things like a whisper by a character that doesn’t have any power over Mjolnir makes Thor unworthy. We still complain about One More Day. It is obvious some on here have never been to a comic shop.

Fancy way of saying "You're all too dumb to understand my genius and brilliance".
    yeah, basically.

somehow, I have a feeling that in the next chapter everyone will speak about how Jane was the best Thor ever, best God ever, the most powerful God ever etc.

oh and Odin will suddenly realize that she is the best and that he was/is the worst God ever.
    Last edited by GodThor; 03-22-2018 at 04:57 PM.

What genius? When he worked on Wolverine he gave canon fodder lazer claws.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    yeah, basically.

somehow, I have a feeling that in the next chapter everyone will speak about how Jane was the best Thor ever, best god ever, the most powerful God ever etc.

oh and Odin will suddenly realize that she is the best and that he was/is the worst God ever.

I was really hoping he would leave Thor.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    What genius? When he worked on Wolverine he gave canon fodder lazer claws.
    No it was a comment on Aaron's tweet about him hating to explain his story to people and allowing his writing to speak for itself. But when you're not a good enough writer and you say that, it's basically you saying "I won't explain myself to you. If you don't like it and you ask questions, then you cannot possibly comprehend the meaning."

Incredible Member

Poor Thor, a character with a rich cast and over 50 year mythology shat upon for the atheist version of a Jack Chick tract.

Amazing Member

So what's gonna happen next issue I wonder. Will it be a funeral? How is everyone gonna react to the reveal that Thor was jane. Lol what if she is somehow brought back or maybe turned into valkyrie. So many questions

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Reader View Post
    Poor Thor, a character with a rich cast and over 50 year mythology shat upon for the atheist version of a Jack Chick tract.
    Yeah, don't agree with your level of venom, but basically.

Via Nick Fury, Aaron posed a question to Thor that was impossible to answer, because Aaron didn't care to define the purpose of Gods to begin with. The question is impossible to address because the basic premise is so undefined.

I have little doubt that Aaron will try to address it next issue, but I have little faith it's execution, looking at his past issues.

Beyond that, replacement heroes are used either to demonstrate how hard it is to fill the mantle. In that, they either struggle (Nightwing/Batman) or fall hard (Walker/US Agent).

But in Jane, she leaps over Thor inside of days. Despite having massive powers, she effortlessly fills the hole left by Thor, even going so far as claiming his name. And while Thor is deemed unworthy because mortals don't need Gods, with Jane apparently his legend spreads across space to the point that it pisses off the Shi'ar Gods.

It's not that Jane can't be as good as Thor, IMO, but it comes far too easily for her

IMO, Jason chips away at Thor in more subtle ways too.

First and foremost is Thor's 'virtue signalling'. In the constant debate of Believer vs. Atheist, one strawmen used by atheists is that believers only do good so that they might be rewarded in heaven, not simply to do good for its own sake (and yes, I'm aware there are strawmen thrown against atheists. That's not the discussion here).

And we see this with Thor in the Legacy issue. He does good deeds not to do good, but because he wants to swing that hammer. Thor is less a God who's learned humility, as was taught to him by his father, but a God who really, really likes his weapon.

Another way in which Aaron chips away at Thor, is how the power of the hammer is not that of Thor, as is inscribed on the hammer itself (and has been for decades). Instead, its that of a God Storm, something that comes into play only long enough to let us know that the power in the hammer isn't really Thor's.

Finally, we see Thor lose his hammer/not regain his worthiness (ideally, this will be a premature point but I have doubts). His hammer is thrown into the sun, not destroyed, but placed out of reach indefinitely. Thor is not the God of hammers, no, but he does have a signature weapon, one that's helped define his mythos for decades. When heroes re-assume their mantle, things might not always return to their original status, but they at least get their stuff back

Sadly, I'm reminded of the current Panther run. Some writers can't seem to reconcile their beliefs with the characters they write, and take it out on that characters as a result.