Page 297 of 354 FirstFirst ... 197247287293294295296297298299300301307347 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,455 of 5304

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    How is it not important in this context. She was literally on the other side, why wouldn't she want to see her child atleast once before coming back?
    Aren't you ignoring quite a bit of the bigger picture just to pose the question?

Hahahaha

We sacrificed Mjolnir and Mangog at his most powerful form (Both in the SUN, which makes absolutely NO sense), Odin's character, the Asgardian mythos and everything else that was trampled on only to get a comic of Jane NOT dying. She was resurrected the very next issue. After lamenting about how she doesn't want any magical cures for cancer, she is brought back by magic and it doesn't even cure her cancer haha. We still have not addressed the concept of worthiness and why she is Worthy and Thor isn't. What else does Thor have to do to become Worthy exactly? Join PETA?

Odin did a complete 180. He went from a women hating mouth-breather to a wise, benevolent grandfather in 30 seconds. Ummm what? No explanation as to why he was such an *******? He's suddenly normal just like that?

Can you guys believe a comic had MJOLNIR and MANGOG destroyed at the same instance, and we did not have a SINGLE panel dedicated to their destruction? Only to have ten million panels about Jane's sacrifice and bravery....only for her not to die. It's not just irritating, it's a waste of all our time.

The death of Captain Marvel would have definitely been just as good if he hopped back to life the next morning through the Power Cosmic...

This is by FAR the worst issue in the run.
    Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus; 04-25-2018 at 09:39 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rage.Of.Olympus View Post
    Hahahaha

We sacrificed Mjolnir and Mangog at his most powerful form (Both in the SUN, which makes absolutely NO sense), Odin's character, the Asgardian mythos and everything else that was trampled on only to get a comic of Jane NOT dying. She was resurrected the very next issue. After lamenting about how she doesn't want any magical cures for cancer, she is brought back by magic and it doesn't even cure her cancer haha. We still have not addressed the concept of worthiness and why she is Worthy and Thor isn't. What else does Thor have to do to become Worthy exactly? Join PETA?

Odin did a complete 180. He went from a women hating mouth-breather to a wise, benevolent grandfather in 30 seconds. Ummm what? No explanation as to why he was such an *******? He's suddenly normal just like that?

Can you guys believe a comic had MJOLNIR and MANGOG destroyed at the same instance, and we did not have a SINGLE panel dedicated to their destruction? Only to have ten million panels about Jane's sacrifice and bravery....only for her not to die. It's not just irritating, it's a waste of all our time.

The death of Captain Marvel would have definitely been just as good if he hopped back to life the next morning through the Power Cosmic...

Profoundly underwhelming, I agree. I will gladly forget this run ever happened.

How is it not important in this context. She was literally on the other side, why wouldn't she want to see her child atleast once before coming back?

Like in Xmen when storm briefly crossed to the other side, she raced to find her parents and spend a few moments with them before coming back, or when Nightcrawler died, the people he saw were Jean and Logan, his friends. I figured she would wonder about her family, I even had a theory that she would reject Valhalla because she wanted to be with her son who wouldn't be in Valhalla.
    Because this story is not about a woman wanting to die, and the reflections on her son were about her renewing her faith not reconciling herself to death. She looked at her prognosis and realised she had a choice between life or sacrifice. This wasn't suicide - she wasn't choosing death, she was choosing to sacrifice herself for her faith, there is a big difference between the two. She didn't want to die, she was reconciled to it, or at least she thought she was until confronted with Valhalla.

She doesn't want to die and she doesn't get any opportunity to see her son, it is not on the cards unless she chooses death, and even then he isn't in Valhalla so how exactly would she get to do that? The MCU doesn't often do Heaven and she wasn't at its gates anyway.

This story is not about a character that has appeared in only a handful of issues and it never was, no matter how many times detractors want to bring the issue out and use it against Jane. We get it. That's an easy way to make Jane look bad (at least in some people's eyes). Why does anyone want to do that? Why do we need to continually revisit a side issue as if its important to this story? Aaron did just what I wanted him to do, kill him off and stop talking about him.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Aren't you ignoring quite a bit of the bigger picture just to pose the question?
    Exactly. It's a rhetorical plea. A weird kind of special pleading to a story that exists only in some people's imagination. Nothing whatsoever to do with the last five and a half years of story.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 04-26-2018 at 02:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rage.Of.Olympus View Post
    Hahahaha

very nice.

I agree completely.

BANNED

Talking Happy Thor's Day!!!

Thor #461 Apr 1993
    "Friends and Lovers"
    The Dark Valkyrie has convinced Thor that he has always been Odins pawn, but no more;

In Asgard, Sif senses that something is amiss, and seeks out Beta Ray Bill;
    They both use the Norn Stones and locate Thor, but he is no longer himself;

He mercilessly beats on Bill until he is defeated, and Sif escapes;

Thor declares that from now on, the only will he will follow, is his own.

Script by Jim Starlin and Ron Marz, pencils by Bruce Zick, inks by Mike DeCarlo

IW treated Thor perfectly, holy moly
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Thor trying to channel a damn giant sentient Storm to bring back Jane no matter the cost seems really in character to me.
    That moment felt like the book actually remembering or finally acknowledging Thor as Thor for the first time in a really long while.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    IW treated Thor perfectly, holy moly
    Agreed. He was MVP for mine.

Extraordinary Member

Also, thought we'd see her say something about her dead child and wanting to see him at least one last time before she comes back.
    Or her dead mom and dad she's always talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    People that feel they still have a life to live, even when they have a potentially terminal illness, don't talk about dying like that. You seem to be trying to make a point that is totally unnecessary to bring up in this context.
    I completely agree with Del Torro. Jane not even thinking about the chance to see the child she was written as traumatised at losing makes that particular loss feel like it was tacked on. I don't think the point is unnecessary - it's nitre,y appropriate to raise the question based on howAaron wrote his story.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I completely agree with Del Torro. Jane not even thinking about the chance to see the child she was written as traumatised at losing makes that particular loss feel like it was tacked on. I don't think the point is unnecessary - it's nitre,y appropriate to raise the question based on howAaron wrote his story.
    I don’t and for the reasons I have since expanded upon. Forgive me if any mention of Jimmy makes me highly suspicious of motives. But given that almost every mention of him has been attached to an attack on Jane’s worthiness or Aaron’s choices I think this is justified.

The story isn’t and has never been about Jimmy. To make him the focus of Jane’s thoughts in this issue would entirely distract from the points Aaron is choosing to emphasise.

IF and it’s a big ‘if’, those concerned that Jane does not mention him are actually expressing a continuity concern that her dead son will always be in ther thoughts they could console themselves with the idea that he probably was, even in this moment. But why she would choose to talk about it in this conversation is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Let's take a moment to actually consider this one seriously...

As a vague "Uh... What about this?" sort of a thing to bring up? Sure.

Now, take a minute to actually think over the mechanics of what was actually happening on the page. Think about where it was that Jane was going. Think about the likelihood that a child would wind up in the place that Jane was going. Lastly, consider if Jane would have thought over the lieklihood just mentioned.

Once you've done all of that, why would a person say "By the way, I would like to see someone that there is almost no chance is here. Any chance we could make that happen real quick?"

Quote Originally Posted by WaxHawk View Post
    Agreed. He was MVP for mine.
    I mean, in addition to the feats and whatever

They also kinda explained his... immaturity? goofiness? in the last three movies.

spoilers:
    the **** is just a mask. Dudes been losing people left and right the last ten years... which is just like a week for Thor since he is 1500 years old. Dude is basically on a suicide mission the whole movie and doesn't care
    end of spoilers
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

The film really gave him some epic sequences. Great to see.

Astonishing Member

That's good to hear. It might sooth my ire against T:Ragnarok quite a bit.