Page 308 of 354 FirstFirst ... 208258298304305306307308309310311312318 ... LastLast
Results 4,606 to 4,620 of 5304
    Extraordinary Member

I didn't mind the art once I got into it.

Good to see Thor as competent again.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not liking what I'm hearing either, to be honest.
    I enjoyed it. A step in the right direction, I felt.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

Talking Happy Thor's Day!!!

Journey into Mystery #93 Jun 1963
    "The Mysterious Radio-Active Man!" (first appearance)
    While on a medical mission to India, Dr. Blake becomes Thor to repel a Chinese attack;

In order to fight Thor, a Chinese scientist irradiates himself to gain great power.

Script by Stan Lee (plot) and Robert Bernstein (script), pencils by Jack Kirby, inks by Dick Ayers

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I enjoyed it. A step in the right direction, I felt.
    I dunno.

It sounds like Thor can at least have a win now but he still sounds like the crass oaf Aaron has been writing him as with the same hangups about his name and hammers.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I dunno.

It sounds like Thor can at least have a win now but he still sounds like the crass oaf Aaron has been writing him as with the same hangups about his name and hammers.
    Yeah, the only thing I liked about the new issue was that Thor was the main character again.

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    Yeah, the only thing I liked about the new issue was that Thor was the main character again.
    That's a huge plus in it's own right

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    That's a pretty low bar when you think about it .

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    a Thor book deserves/needs a better art team. I'm used to Copiel, Immonen, and Dauterman. it's hard to settle after that.
    A new writer is what I'm waiting on.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    A new writer is what I'm waiting on.
    Who would you actually want I wonder? Nobody jumps out as an obvious candidate right now that would please everyone, if anyone ever did fit this bill.

Presumably Marvel are thinking about this at the moment, as in about twelve months somebody else will need to sit down at a typewriter and start a script.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Who would you actually want I wonder? Nobody jumps out as an obvious candidate right now that would please everyone, if anyone ever did fit this bill.

Presumably Marvel are thinking about this at the moment, as in about twelve months somebody else will need to sit down at a typewriter and start a script.
    I think Gerry Duggan would be awesome on Thor. Duggan/Larraz or Duggan/Lolli. Duggan/Checchetto would be awesome too.

For the time being, we're all pretty aware Aaron's run is coming to an end so with that in mind I can be a little patient.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I think Gerry Duggan would be awesome on Thor. Duggan/Larraz or Duggan/Lolli. Duggan/Checchetto would be awesome too.

For the time being, we're all pretty aware Aaron's run is coming to an end so with that in mind I can be a little patient.
    Does that imply you want a lighter tone Thor with pathos? I am not a fan of his Uncanny Avengers book but I like the Deadpool books I have read of his. Really not digging Infinity Countdown though. It just feels a bit random. That to me would suggest epic isn't his thing.

Does that imply you want a lighter tone Thor with pathos? I am not a fan of his Uncanny Avengers book but I like the Deadpool books I have read of his. Really not digging Infinity Countdown though. It just feels a bit random. That to me would suggest epic isn't his thing.
    Not necessarily. But I LOVED his Uncanny Avengers to death. One of my favorite modern comic runs. But I think he understands continuity and his cosmic run on Guardians of the Galaxy was pretty good I thought. Just a spit ball at 4:30 in the morning lol

Well, wards and deaths aside, the title and characters have felt a tad too on the irreverent side for my liking under Aaron, so I would appreciate someone who could bring something different to the table.

Some years ago I stated Ellis/Coipel would be my choice of creative team. That said, I think just because you like the writer, it doesn't guarantee you're going to like their take on the character.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I really like Aaron, but what about Donny Cates? His Thanos run clearly shows he can write cosmic epics.
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 06-15-2018 at 09:32 AM.