Page 309 of 354 FirstFirst ... 209259299305306307308309310311312313319 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,635 of 5304

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    A new writer is what I'm waiting on.
    Same here l would like a new writer as well just fix damage Aaron has done to Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by zoch View Post
    Same here l would like a new writer as well just fix damage Aaron has done to Thor.
    Well we know for certain it's coming at some point in the near(ish) future right?

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Who would you actually want I wonder? Nobody jumps out as an obvious candidate right now that would please everyone, if anyone ever did fit this bill.

Presumably Marvel are thinking about this at the moment, as in about twelve months somebody else will need to sit down at a typewriter and start a script.
    Ed Brisson, Dan Jurgens, Chuck Dixon, Christopher Priest, Mike Carey, Joe Casey to name a few. The list of good writers not on Marvels payroll is ridiculous. Instead they hire hacks for that are cheap. The comics aren't cheap so the people working on them should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Well we know for certain it's coming at some point in the near(ish) future right?
    We can hope it soon Thor needs a writer can fix mess Aaron made of it I would like Donny Cates take over.

Extraordinary Member

I'd like to see Greg Pak given the title.

Or Cullen Bun.
    Last edited by brettc1; 06-15-2018 at 02:48 PM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

I think Mark Waid could probably do a solid Thor run.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm all for this, especially if it means Samnee would be drawing more Thor.
    Pull List: Conan the Barbarian

His work for Marvel hasn't been good. His current Cap run is shit compared to his previous Cap run.

art by Leandro Matos

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    Ed Brisson, Dan Jurgens, Chuck Dixon, Christopher Priest, Mike Carey, Joe Casey to name a few. The list of good writers not on Marvels payroll is ridiculous. Instead they hire hacks for that are cheap. The comics aren't cheap so the people working on them should be good.
    Why turn the question into a cheap jibe? It is totally nonsensical to suggest all Marvel writers are hacks. It is equally nonsensical to suggest any of those writers would necessarily provide you with the Thor you would like to read. Jurgens for example was mocked just as much when he was on Thor. He was equally divisive. He is also highly unlikely to take a step back

Part of my point is that very few if any writers would please everyone. Priest is very divisive for example. And also has similarities with Aaron in approach. I would even hazard a guess that Priest enjoys Aaron's work. It could be argued the last thing Thor needs after a deconstructionist writer is another one.

Yes I think he would be my choice too. It would be a very different book. Waid is best at shorter form character driven tales, and that would probably make for an interesting change of pace if he stuck to that style.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I'd like to see Greg Pak given the title.

Or Cullen Bun.
    Somebody was bound to choose Bunn. I am undecided on him. Let's see what he does with Asgardians. That may be a tilt towards him. A try-out. I think he can sometimes get messy with this storytelling, bringing in loads of strands and not always resolving them or even using them. Again he is a bit of a deconstructionist, but with a lighter touch and more of it is brought out in the text.

Pak, well I will let others extol his virtues. I haven't read much of his work but what I have read I haven't enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I really like Aaron, but what about Donny Cates? His Thanos run clearly shows he can write cosmic epics.
    I stopped with Thanos before he came onboard and I am regretting it based on how many people seem to be mentioning it in these terms. I will have to go catch up I guess. I have enjoyed the Doctor Strange stuff I have read from him, which again isn't all of it. He could very well do a good job.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 06-16-2018 at 04:32 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Pak's work on Incredible Hercules was... well, incredible
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    art by Leandro Matos
    if there is God then don't let Aaron butcher Hela as well.

incredible art btw.
    Last edited by GodThor; 06-16-2018 at 05:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Pak's work on Incredible Hercules was... well, incredible
    Ah. Well I was only slowly returning to comics then, and didn't read it. I really don't like his work on Weapon-X and I can take or leave his Storm. I think that's all I have read.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Why turn the question into a cheap jibe? It is totally nonsensical to suggest all Marvel writers are hacks. It is equally nonsensical to suggest any of those writers would necessarily provide you with the Thor you would like to read. Jurgens for example was mocked just as much when he was on Thor. He was equally divisive. He is also highly unlikely to take a step back

Part of my point is that very few if any writers would please everyone. Priest is very divisive for example. And also has similarities with Aaron in approach. I would even hazard a guess that Priest enjoys Aaron's work. It could be argued the last thing Thor needs after a deconstructionist writer is another one.
    If you don't want an answer don't ask a question. I listed writers that are much better than any Marvel have employed. Marvel doesn't have one writer on staff now that is as good as Chuck Dixon or anyone else that I mentioned. I also didn't say that all their writers were hacks. Ed Brisson was the first name on the list.

How is naming Dan Jurgens in the list nonsensical when he wrote a great Thor run. In fact until Bendis became the Superman writer Action Comics was one of the best comics in publication.

Comics aren't cheap and neither is my critique. Instead of hiring Tom Taylor to write X-men Red and X-23 hire someone good. There are plenty of good writers that could be employed for the work but aren't. Who is more qualified to write a comic? Mike Carey or Mariko Tamaki?