Page 317 of 354 FirstFirst ... 217267307313314315316317318319320321327 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,755 of 5304
    Astonishing Member

I read Thor:1 by Aaron and Del Mundo and will be buying the next stories for sure.
    I liked the art a lot,i think the artist have a art style that works quite well in the stories.
    The story was cool as well,there was lots of going on(at least to me that have not read the previous Thor volumes) but i am not somebody that would criticize a comic book for having too much content.
    The ending of the secondary story was odd though,lol.

I think Del Mundo's art matches Thor Ragnarok and that's what they're shooting for. But it's such a change up from Coipel, then Ribic and Garney, and then Dautermann.. it's kind of jarring. I don't hate it, but it's not my favorite.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I think Del Mundo's art matches Thor Ragnarok and that's what they're shooting for. But it's such a change up from Coipel, then Ribic and Garney, and then Dautermann.. it's kind of jarring. I don't hate it, but it's not my favorite.
    This

It has its style and skill, but I find the colour palette very off putting, it's all a bit neon and similar in tone to me, a bit too bright

I find it indistinct and the images sort of feel like I need to decipher them

It's certainly following up on thor ragnarok imo

I think it's a love it hate it kind of thing

in black and white I'd think I'd love it

BANNED

Talking Happy Thor's Day!!!

Thor #154 Jul 1968
    First appearance of the Mangog in "To Wake the Mangog!"
    Ulik frees Mangog from captivity,

while Sif recovers from Loki's attack last issue.

Script by Stan Lee, pencils by Jack Kirby, inks by Vince Colletta

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    It’s not great. He should let a colorist, color it. He is blurring the line art.

Spectacular Member

That first story with Mangog (Thor #154) was fantastic! Top-notch Thor writing, great battles; Thor being Thor throughout. One of my favorites, no doubt!

I don't dislike Mangog as a character; I dislike that Aaron elevated him above Odin and pretty much everything/everyone else.

https://www.cbr.com/thor-3-4/
    Aaron forgot how tall Hela is.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    Aaron's whole schtick is making gods less than they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Aaron's whole schtick is making gods less than they were.
    yeah, true.

also, that art is cringy.

yeah, true.

also, that art is cringy.
    Very. The more I see it, the less I enjoy looking at it.

I just assumed she shrunk herself for the wedding or something, but that dialogue...although Hela in the last page sounds a heck of a lot better.

I think Aaron's run has legitimately the most the word "Odinson" has ever been said in a Thor comic. Now everybody says it .

"We Odinson's don't take kindly to bowing to our own All-Father," y'know, I get that makes sense running under Aaron's idea that everyone hates Odin (and that he deserves it), but I don't think it makes a lot of sense coming from Balder (especially since he was, y'know, All-Father himself at one point).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just assumed she shrunk herself for the wedding or something, but that dialogue...although Hela in the last page sounds a heck of a lot better.
    I hope you're right.

I think Aaron's run has legitimately the most the word "Odinson" has ever been said in a Thor comic. Now everybody says it .

"We Odinson's don't take kindly to bowing to our own All-Father," y'know, I get that makes sense running under Aaron's idea that everyone hates Odin (and that he deserves it), but I don't think it makes a lot of sense coming from Balder (especially since he was, y'know, All-Father himself at one point).
    we should make a meme.

BANNED

hopefully, but after that thing with the Sun, I don't have high hopes for it.

it makes you wonder, Odin faced a bunch of Celestials with other Avengers 1,000,000 years ago (and seemingly, he can have a go with one on one) and fought Galactus few years back.

Mangog > Celestials > Galactus = Phoenix (Jane stated Mangog > Phoenix)

/facepalm
    Mangog died in a star, and the Phoenix consumes stars. It may not be the writer himself, but Jane just doesn't know about the Phoenix. If it had not been for Quentin, she, Thor, and the others would have been TOAST.

The Asgardians weren't able to do anything to the Phoenix it was about to incinerate them all. After Odin called out to her, the Phoenix told Odin never summon her again or she would destroy the Asgardians completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    While I hope so as well. If we have a look at her height last time she was in Aaron's work in Unworthy Thor.

IMG.jpg

Unless it is a perspective thing, if she had shrunk herself there as well, or I have forogtten the height of the other two then that seems to be the height he thinks she is.

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    While I hope so as well. If we have a look at her height last time she was in Aaron's work in Unworthy Thor.

IMG.jpg

Unless it is a perspective thing, if she had shrunk herself there as well, or I have forogtten the height of the other two then that seems to be the height he thinks she is.
    Or she shrunk because she lost her throne.

Or it's just... Aaron.