Page 319 of 354 FirstFirst ... 219269309315316317318319320321322323329 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,785 of 5304
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    God! i wish the art was to my taste i know if i skip an issue i wouldn't find the strength to continue with this book (that last page was orgasmic thou lol!)
    I love Del Mundo's art. Every page is gorgeous, strange and psychedelic. I can see why it's not for everyone - it reminds of me Bill Sienkiewicz's New Mutants run in that regard, it's so stylized that it's alienating to some - but I think this is one of the best looking books out there.

Del Mundo definitely seems like a love him or hate him art guy. I enjoy how expressive it can be and how it pops off the pages, especially with the colors being used. For some reason, when people complain about it I always think back to something like that old Zelda Windwaker game when people complained the art was too cartoony or something.

Either way, a good injection of humor in this issue. Especially with Thor's, "Would it help if I turned my back?"

BANNED

Talking Happy Thor's Day!!!

Thor #273 Jul 1973
    "Somewhere - Over the Rainbow Bridge!" First appearance of Red Norvell
    Harris Hobbs tells Thor that he's starting to remember Asgard after being caused to forget all those years ago.
    Thor leaves, telling Hobbs that he shall ask Odin about it.

A mysterious figure then tells Hobbs that he believes him.
    Hobbs tells the stranger of a second dream that he didn't get to tell Thor: a dream of Thor fishing for Jormungand.
    Hymir cuts the line and frees the serpent. The stranger reveals himself to be Loki, telling Hobbs he will get him into Asgard.

Thor flies to Stark International to retrieve what's left of FAUST. Carrying it out of the building, Thor sees Jormungand.

Thor attacks only to have the serpent disappear. Thor goes to Asgard where he is told that both Odin and Sif are gone.

Hobbs and crew fall out of the device that Thor brought with him as Loki reveals himself, announcing the coming Ragnarok...

Script by Roy Thomas, pencils by John Buscema (breakdowns) and Tom Palmer (finished art), inks by Tom Palmer

Default Thor #3

I can NOT get past this offputting art of this variation of the old 'arranged marriage to save the kingdoms' tale. Or the contrived way for Son of Odin to call in the Valkyrior. Really? That's your best option to contact Brunhilde and her sisters, Thor?! And besides, didn't Malekith just get this creatively identical tale a couple months ago?

Plus, the obvious disrespect for Tyr's pogonophilia.

3_medium.jpg
    Last edited by Bookem Danno; 07-20-2018 at 07:24 PM.

Del Mundo needs to go.

It’s not good.

Look how lame his Thanos looks? Look at it!

Astonishing Member

I think Del Mundo art is great.
    Not all artist´s have a realistic art style,a artist with a less convential art styles make great art as well.cough Bill Sienckiewicz cough.

So has Aaron changed where Valhalla is now. In previous issues we have seen Valhalla be what it is supposed to be a hall/place in Asgard itself. We have seen characters look into it but unable to go in, see Kelda in Siege Aftermath when trying to get to Bill. In this issue however Thor says it is a hidden location/place in Niffelheim that only Odin and the Valkyries knows the way to. So what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    So has Aaron changed where Valhalla is now. In previous issues we have seen Valhalla be what it is supposed to be a hall/place in Asgard itself. We have seen characters look into it but unable to go in, see Kelda in Siege Aftermath when trying to get to Bill. In this issue however Thor says it is a hidden location/place in Niffelheim that only Odin and the Valkyries knows the way to. So what happened?
    is it enough to say its Aaron???

Default Odin in Cosmic Ghost Rider #1

I dropped the Thanos series after a couple and just am confused with Cosmic Ghost Rider #1 in regards to ODIN. So, CGR is future Frank Castle from an alternate timeline fighting a Future Thanos, right? Is the Odin from #1 a Present Odin or a Future Odin? If it is Present Odin (or even if Future Odin, really) isn't it a bit too contrived that he chose to bring the ghost of Future Frank to live in Valhalla after his death? Add to that, more craziness, that he has access to the Ghost Rider's ghost secured in Valhalla too? Of all the worthy non-Asgardian worthy souls that deserve Eternal Life he picks these two murder machines? Then, the conclusion has Future Frank copying Lone Wolf and Cub by stealing Past Thanos baby. Do readers expect this will have immediate effect on Present and/or Future Thanos? Such a confusing start just might prove a dealbreaker

00df1d7ddbb0d0879d4c24383555c3e1._SX380_QL80_TTD_.jpg

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bookem Danno View Post
    I can NOT get past this offputting art of this variation of the old 'arranged marriage to save the kingdoms' tale. Or the contrived way for Son of Odin to call in the Valkyrior. Really? That's your best option to contact Brunhilde and her sisters, Thor?! And besides, didn't Malekith just get this creatively identical tale a couple months ago?

Plus, the obvious disrespect for Tyr's pogonophilia.

3_medium.jpg
    I was talking to the guy who runs my comic shop about this. He convinced my to stay with the book and give it a chance, but after the second page 0f issue #3, I just closed the comic and read something else. I'm not buying another one until things change.

All-New Member

Double post

BANNED

The comicbook character Hela is shorter than the comicbook characters Loki and Thor

BANNED

Wish Del Mundo were to provide the art for an Elektra limited series in the future.

BANNED

Talking Happy Thor's Day!!!

Thor #464 Jul 1993
    Infinity Crusade crossover, "Blessed Obedience"
    The Goddess brings Thor to Paradise Omega to join her heroes

but he ends up trading blows with his old pal Hercules;

The Goddess sends him for some meditation time where he has a surreal encounter with Loki.

Script by Ron Marz, pencils by Bruce Zick, inks by Mike DeCarlo