Page 320 of 354 FirstFirst ... 220270310316317318319320321322323324330 ... LastLast
Results 4,786 to 4,800 of 5304

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    The comicbook character Hela is shorter than the comicbook characters Loki and Thor
    yeah, still BS.

Aaron being Aaron.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    yeah, still BS.

Aaron being Aaron.
    Iirc Hela is like 7 ft tall

but isn't that down to the artist?

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

So Thor not only appears in Venom #4 but it also reveals the origin of All-Black the Necrosword, how it fell to Gorr's planet and a connection to the Venom symbiote.

spoilers:
    All-Black was created of Knull, King of the Abyss who forged it in the head of a Celestial in order to help him return the universe to the abyss it was before the Big Bang (the forging of All-Black is also the reason for the symbiotes weakness to fire and sound). After killing his way across the universe for eons, he fell to Gorr's planet while battling that gold guy and All-Black left him to bond with Gorr. After that Knull was stuck on the planet for centuries until he discovered he could bond his darkness to other creatures and thus created the symbiotes with which he formed a horde that killed its way across the universe, until it got to Earth. A symbiote-bonded dragon attacked a Norse castle only for Thor to come to it's defense and hit it with lightning which Knull felt all the way across the galaxy, causing his control of the symbiotes to break allowing them to turn on him and imprison him for centuries. The symbiotes became the heroic Klyntar while covering up there origin.

So Thor is ultimately responsible for stopping a murderous horde led by the creator of Gorr's weapon from rampaging across the galaxy and the Klyntar being a thing.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Iirc Hela is like 7 ft tall
    Yep.
    but isn't that down to the artist?
    In a way, yes but I think they consult the writers for it.

BANNED

Talking Happy Thor's Day!!!

Journey Into Mystery #95 Aug 1963
    "The Demon Duplicators!"
    An evil scientist forces Dr. Blake to help him with a duplicating machine by kidnapping Jane;

The device duplicates Thor with two magic hammers.

Script by Stan Lee (plot) and Robert Bernstein (script), art by Joe Sinnot
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 08-02-2018 at 01:41 PM.

BANNED

I too find it BS that the comicbook character Hela is shorter than the comicbook characters Loki and Thor.

BANNED

Talking Happy Thor's Day!!!

Thor #155 Aug 1968
    "Now Ends the Universe!"
    Thor and Sif return to Asgard,

and Loki sends Thor and the Warriors Three to battle Mangog,

who is approaching Asgard in order to draw the Odinsword and bring about Ragnarok.

Script by Stan Lee, pencils by Jack Kirby, inks by Vince Colletta

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    I too find it BS that the comicbook character Hela is shorter than the comicbook characters Loki and Thor.
    yep, she was more imposing that way.

now, it's meh.

the art doesn't help it either.

I wonder what will Thanos do.
    Last edited by GodThor; 08-09-2018 at 09:22 AM.

Spectacular Member oldschoolfan's Avatar

Default Time for Jason Aaron to move on, imo.

Thor isn't worthy.

Thor stops Man Gog......but Thor's not worthy.

Thor saves Sif.....but Thor's not worthy.

Thor assists the Avengers.....but Thor's not worthy.

Thor goes to the Underworld willingly to save Hercules, even though he knows he might have to trade places with Herc….but Thor's not worthy.

I can keep going, but it would get redundant.

Isn't any one else seeing the problem with Jason Aaron's conception of the character over the last three years? Yet, he is still writing the book, I have been patient. I have done my best to keep my mouth shut, but seriously, isn't it time for some one new to take over?

I am just waiting for him to change genders on all the Avengers. And say that Cap is unpatriotic, Iron Man is an idiot, Hulk is weak, Black Widow is a wimp, because that's what he does. Shoot, I may have just given away the next years Avengers plot.

Ignore me...….I have to get over it.
    I am committed to the idea that any work of art should be judged on its own merit, not on the behavior or beliefs of its author.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolfan View Post
    Thor isn't worthy.

Thor stops Man Gog......but Thor's not worthy.

Thor saves Sif.....but Thor's not worthy.

Thor assists the Avengers.....but Thor's not worthy.

Thor goes to the Underworld willingly to save Hercules, even though he knows he might have to trade places with Herc….but Thor's not worthy.

I can keep going, but it would get redundant.

Isn't any one else seeing the problem with Jason Aaron's conception of the character over the last three years? Yet, he is still writing the book, I have been patient. I have done my best to keep my mouth shut, but seriously, isn't it time for some one new to take over?

I am just waiting for him to change genders on all the Avengers. And say that Cap is unpatriotic, Iron Man is an idiot, Hulk is weak, Black Widow is a wimp, because that's what he does. Shoot, I may have just given away the next years Avengers plot.

Ignore me...….I have to get over it.

Actually between Tony as hologram, Banner losing his Gamma and Hydra-Cap, I think you've described the LAST year of Avengers...

I have to agree that the unworthy storyline seems to be going on FOREVER... out of curiosity, have there been any other major arcs like this that have lasted 4-5 years with no resolution in sight only to get a satisfying end?

X-Men in the 90's used to have a ton of dangling plots, but most ended up getting forgotten or ignored... Cap, iron Man, Thor, etc have all been replaced before, but they were switched back within 2 years...

Maybe wolverine's origin was drug out too long, but I don't remember people actually LIKING the result when it was revealed... so i'm a little stumped. What long standing mysteries have one writer drug out this long with the general understanding of 'just be patient, it'll come'?

Astonishing Member

I've never had an issue with Jane having the hammer and in fact that story is what kept me buying thor coz I though ja dud that aspect of character development very well

Almost every other aspect of his render of Thor and odin I have found utterly abysmal

Imo thor is a shadow of his former self, his use of huzzah in avengers I find singularly ridiculous to the point of parody

I genuinely don't think Aaron can write Thor in a way I would mind satisfying, not even close

I don't think this is a lack of skill, he's shown plenty of that, I feel he just cannot appreciate the diefic otherness of the asgard mythos, they are all too human for me

I actually think that's a deliberate agenda, but I could be wrong there

either way, I don't think I'll really enjoy thor whilst he's writing him

the art in thor isn't to my liking either, I find it all blends into one big colour splash

Astonishing Member

I've never had an issue with Jane having the hammer and in fact that story is what kept me buying thor coz I though ja dud that aspect of character development very well

Almost every other aspect of his render of Thor and odin I have found utterly abysmal

Imo thor is a shadow of his former self, his use of huzzah in avengers I find singularly ridiculous to the point of parody

I genuinely don't think Aaron can write Thor in a way I would mind satisfying, not even close

I don't think this is a lack of skill, he's shown plenty of that, I feel he just cannot appreciate the diefic otherness of the asgard mythos, they are all too human for me

the art in thor isn't to my liking either, I find it all blends into one big colour splash

Default Off hand, I can't remember....

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Actually between Tony as hologram, Banner losing his Gamma and Hydra-Cap, I think you've described the LAST year of Avengers...

I have to agree that the unworthy storyline seems to be going on FOREVER... out of curiosity, have there been any other major arcs like this that have lasted 4-5 years with no resolution in sight only to get a satisfying end?

X-Men in the 90's used to have a ton of dangling plots, but most ended up getting forgotten or ignored... Cap, iron Man, Thor, etc have all been replaced before, but they were switched back within 2 years...

Maybe wolverine's origin was drug out too long, but I don't remember people actually LIKING the result when it was revealed... so i'm a little stumped. What long standing mysteries have one writer drug out this long with the general understanding of 'just be patient, it'll come'?
    I am hard pressed to remember something like this lasting so long. Going back to Civil War, most stuff paid off. Prior to that, maybe when there was a talent change over on a book. The funny thing is I remember when the transition was handled really well, Byrne leaving on West Coast Avengers, the follow up team did a really good job of transitioning the stories.
    I remember those XMen stories, it seemed like awhile Chris Claremont lost his way a little and then Jim Lee, Whilce Portacio and that crew helped him straighten it all out.
    I am committed to the idea that any work of art should be judged on its own merit, not on the behavior or beliefs of its author.

Default Okay, I am not totally crazy. Someone else see's it the way I do.

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post

You get to the heart of the issue. I think Aaron may have a particular point of view that he is pushing with his stories. I think I started to see it in "Godbomb" .
    Yes, Aaron has talent, his origin of Mjolnir is a great Thor story. And it was told in a very "Kirbyesque" way.
    But if it hadn't been for Russell Dauterman's art over the course of the series, I would have dropped the book.

As I read Aaron's stories, it almost seems he is deliberately ignoring the Kirby/Lee run of the book. Especially in the way he characterizes Thor and Odin. Odin was always tempered with compassion, Aaron's Odin is simply and overbearing jerk. Aaron's Thor acts like Hercules, its simply not the same character. All of the Silver Age/ Bronze Age writers recognized something noble about the character, I could give examples but I don't want to belabor the point.
    Its funny too, because Aaron almost admits he doesn't know how to handle Loki in one of the more recent issues.

The most recent art in the book isn't too my liking either. But, I am giving it a chance and it's not getting in the way of the storytelling.

It's funny too, a lot of the Jane Fosthor stories didn't really take advantage of the gender change. The War of the Gods story could have been a Thor story, even the battle with Mangog could have been told with Thor as a man. The drama came from the fact that Jane had cancer....you could have substituted Don Blake in the same situation and told the same story. So, how did changing Thor's gender provide anything different?