Page 331 of 354 FirstFirst ... 231281321327328329330331332333334335341 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,965 of 5304

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    How many years have passed since Thor created new life on Midgard ? I remember it being said but don't recall the issue nor the years.
    275 years old (Thor 1)

Perhaps the biggest announcement of the panel was saved for the very end, with Jason Aaron and editor Tom Brevoort touting War of the Realms, an upcoming event storyline spinning out of Aaron’s Thor comic book. “It’s been spreading for six years in the pages of Thor, and very soon it’s going to come to the last realm standing, which is Midgard, and in particular midtown Manhattan,” the writer teased about the threat posed by dark elf Malekith. “We’ve been working on this for awhile. I’ve been building to this for six years.

Six years and he still ended up with Manhattan? Really?
    Last edited by Anthony W; 10-14-2018 at 03:10 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Perhaps the biggest announcement of the panel was saved for the very end, with Jason Aaron and editor Tom Brevoort touting War of the Realms, an upcoming event storyline spinning out of Aaron’s Thor comic book. “It’s been spreading for six years in the pages of Thor, and very soon it’s going to come to the last realm standing, which is Midgard, and in particular midtown Manhattan,” the writer teased about the threat posed by dark elf Malekith. “We’ve been working on this for awhile. I’ve been building to this for six years.

I can't imagine any story needing that much build up, I've long lost interest in its development

nice to see its got a global perspective

very inclusive and rich of marvel

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Honestly i really respect Doom then any other villainish character in MU . Maybe i would tie him with Thanos in terms in of their own unique vision i.e Thanos wanted to kill half the universe for restoring resources with selfless madness for his love Lady Death
    and Dr Doom who wanted to build an law abiding Utopia which could only happen if their are no super heroes .

But in terms of greed Doom is totally invulnerable and his greed for knowledge and powers is incomprehensible . Even Thanos never had so much greed except for having a limit of having the Infinity Gauntlet
    Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    As a villain I think doom stands above all, most powerful being in all reality twice, defeated the beyonders, created reality in secret wars within a human life span of learning

imo he stands far above them all
    Yeah Thanos and Doom are really fascinating vilains and two of my favourite Marvel characters especially Thanos when written by Starlin. But what Doom did during Time runs out/Secret Wars was just badass!

I can't imagine any story needing that much build up, I've long lost interest in its development

nice to see its got a global perspective

very inclusive and rich of marvel
    Well I hope that after 6 years of buildup the whole "War of the Realms" story will be worth it. At least we know that the story will looks great with Dauterman being back, although I still miss Ribic, his art on God Of Thunder/Loki/Secret Wars was just amazing!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Yeah Thanos and Doom are really fascinating vilains and two of my favourite Marvel characters especially Thanos when written by Starlin. But what Doom did during Time runs out/Secret Wars was just badass!

Well I hope that after 6 years of buildup the whole "War of the Realms" story will be worth it. At least we know that the story will looks great with Dauterman being back, although I still miss Ribic, his art on God Of Thunder/Loki/Secret Wars was just amazing!
    There was some great art in those books for sure

BANNED

I wouldn't say Thanos's personality was only defined by Stalin , Aaron kinda of done that job of defining his madness especially when he went to kill all of his own born children . In fact IIRC he also killed his own mother . But i don't think Aaron was on the same level as Starlin . Aaron is an expert when it comes to ruining heroic characters . I think he should have concentrated on writing villain-ish characters like Thanos or Namor rather than doing the dirty writing for Thor .

Dauterman's art actually soloed Mighty Thor to bring it forward among the top selling books , i hope he does it again next year for War of Realms in 6 yrs bla blah

BANNED

Speaking of Secret Wars or Times Runs Out , i really miss Hickman . His definition of Thor was really badass with certain heroic moments especially the moment when he was "negotiating" the Builder . I hope he writes another Marvel book , maybe even Thor after Aaron goes out with his so called 6 yrs of s!@# ..........

Ikr

Malekith was a good villain but he is a villain for years now.

BANNED

I think Doom will be a very antagonist or villain against Thor . If given panel time in War of Realms, it would be much enticing for me to read Thor but that is improbable i guess since he is in FF . Or they could even bring back Gorr in War of Realms .

I don't think there will be THE big bad.

it willd most likely come down to Malekith, Sindr and a few others.

bring back Amora, please, but as an Anti-hero.

Astonishing Member

Speaking of Secret Wars or Times Runs Out , i really miss Hickman . His definition of Thor was really badass with certain heroic moments especially the moment when he was "negotiating" the Builder . I hope he writes another Marvel book , maybe even Thor after Aaron goes out with his so called 6 yrs of s!@# ..........
    totally agree here, Hickman was very good

I wouldn't say Thanos's personality was only defined by Stalin , Aaron kinda of done that job of defining his madness especially when he went to kill all of his own born children . In fact IIRC he also killed his own mother . But i don't think Aaron was on the same level as Starlin . Aaron is an expert when it comes to ruining heroic characters . I think he should have concentrated on writing villain-ish characters like Thanos or Namor rather than doing the dirty writing for Thor .

Dauterman's art actually soloed Mighty Thor to bring it forward among the top selling books , i hope he does it again next year for War of Realms in 6 yrs bla blah
    The Starlin’s version if my favorite by far, followed closely by Giffen, Marz, DnA and Cates. Aaron’s Thanos Rising is one of the worst story I’ve ever read, that whole thing about Thanos having many children, his reason for wanted to kill them and why he’s obsessed with Death are just dumb in my opinion and I’m so glad the MCU completely ignored all of it.

But yeah as you said what Aaron did on the character had big consequences especially during Infinity.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    I don't think there will be THE big bad.

it willd most likely come down to Malekith, Sindr and a few others.

bring back Amora, please, but as an Anti-hero.
    Yeah maybe Malekith and his whole army in present times and Loki in the future. Regarding Amora, I still hope she has a plan of her own and that she will betray Malekith during the War of the Realms.

totally agree here, Hickman was very good
    So true Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers run was amazing especially his characterization of Thor. Thor and Hyperion last stand against the Beyonders was just epic:

BANNED

The Starlin’s version if my favorite by far, followed closely by Giffen, Marz, DnA and Cates. Aaron’s Thanos Rising is one of the worst story I’ve ever read, that whole thing about Thanos having many children, his reason for wanted to kill them and why he’s obsessed with Death are just dumb in my opinion and I’m so glad the MCU completely ignored all of it.

But yeah as you said what Aaron did on the character had big consequences especially during Infinity.

Yeah maybe Malekith and his whole army in present times and Loki in the future. Regarding Amora, I still hope she has a plan of her own and that she will betray Malekith during the War of the Realms.

So true Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers run was amazing especially his characterization of Thor. Thor and Hyperion last stand against the Beyonders was just epic:
    Well if i think the other way around i will call it psychology of madness for his obsession of his love Lady Death , some people tend to interpret "character view" through logic but i believe madness always connected to "obsession" or "unpredictability" .

Thanos felt himself to be different not only due to his deviant mutation but his obsessive curiosity of knowledge which we(fans) came interpret as dumb but i thought it was madness .
    Maybe i am over-exaggerating over this thought but that's how i think of his madness for his love Lady Death . He tried to live a simple life but eventually he realized that he always wanted become "Mad Titan" and to that again he has to win Lady Death's heart , but she recommended that can only happen if he kills of the offsprings .

Thanos's obsession made him evolved more and more and he soloed more powerful characters that during Infinity. The same thing could be said Cates's King Thanos who wanted to win Lady Death but in the end it led to Thanos vs King Thanos that's what i call madness .

Btw that was reallly badass ending to both of the heroic characters during SW but i liked Hickman's Infinity more. I must say that was on another level

BANNED

Hell yeah, that's the Thor I love.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Hell yeah, that's the Thor I love.
    That was a great move from thor