Page 333 of 354 FirstFirst ... 233283323329330331332333334335336337343 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,995 of 5304

Very good issue. I could not find a flaw that I couldn't deal with. I too wish to know the past relationship with King Thor and Phoenix.
    Years before Kal-El ever landed from Space; tales were told of the ultimate warrior/hero; Conan the Barbarian!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    The issue was awesome, Old King Thor is a badass who would do anything to keep Midgard safe, plus he's crazy powerful.
    Agreed. This issue was totally insane. Loved it.

Astonishing Member

Gave this a go, and gotta say I liked it a lot more than anything else with thor under Aaron for a long time

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    Very good issue. I could not find a flaw that I couldn't deal with. I too wish to know the past relationship with King Thor and Phoenix.
    If I'm right, he probably had a relationship with her...like Odin did...

But great and epic issue.

Somehow, knowing that the Necrosword is a symbiote makes the whole thing creepier. I mean, sure, Loki clearly has something going on, but so does it.

I thought that this was another tremendous issue by Aaron. But, I get the feeling from browsing this thread that I like Aaron's Thor a great deal more than many who post in this appreciation thread.

The only thing that bothers me is the way that the Phoenix force is passed around from character to character. I'm primarily an X-Men reader, and I find the overuse of the Phoenix by any one besides Jean Grey or Rachel to be a little off putting. That's just my problem I guess.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    That's a bit unfair, Thor can't have emotions? Characterization is a good thing giving the gods a human side makes sense, especially because they are a mirror of us multiplied by a thousand.

Even during previous runs Thor has been emotional, hel look at his behaviour in the MCU movies. His conversation with the Gaurdians was one of the most touching things in that movie.

This issue was so melancholic and it was amazing it showed a old god still caring and a new god (Doom) not.

It showed that even at the end of all things Thor is still Worthy.

The way Aaron was improvising his thoughts to such an extent that he is somehow become uncanny for me to who he is (i.e God) and this wasn't the first time Aaron made him like that .
    But the fight was really cool and after a long time i got to see real Thor in action .
    But then again it's Aaron he is bringing back Del Mundo again during December or January (the artist of the first 4 issues) *sigh*
    Last edited by Vishop; 10-17-2018 at 11:33 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    I thought that this was another tremendous issue by Aaron. But, I get the feeling from browsing this thread that I like Aaron's Thor a great deal more than many who post in this appreciation thread.

The only thing that bothers me is the way that the Phoenix force is passed around from character to character. I'm primarily an X-Men reader, and I find the overuse of the Phoenix by any one besides Jean Grey or Rachel to be a little off putting. That's just my problem I guess.
    Asides from Aaron's obsessive use of Phoenix , the likes of Cyclops , Emma and other mutants has also manifested the phoenix during AVX , so this wasnt a surprise that one day Logan will also be the "The Pheonix" but i agree it's really uncanny for me as well of using Phoenix over and over again
    Last edited by Vishop; 10-17-2018 at 11:34 PM.

Ultimate Member

Pretty good issue.

I have to give credit to Aaron though because he's actually connecting stuff he teased earlier with Loki wielding the Necrosword.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post

I think this is a comic trend not just a Phoenix trend. More Symbiotes, more Spider characters, and pertinent to the thread more characters wielding Mjolnir. It will inevitably happen over the course of the decades. For me it is more off-putting when these happen too close together, and guess what, this tends to happen when movies arrive.

However the Phoenix inhabiting a character is a theme of Aaron's wider arc across Avengers and Thor, and is being used as a way of examining the different ideas of deity in the Marvel Universe. It is a compare and contrast analogy of Mjolnir for Aaron, a transformative agent that grants powers in a similar but not exactly the same manner. Much of Aaron's Marvel style is about this compare and contrast exploration.

The same thing is happening with the compare and contrast with the Old Testament. It is designed as a way to make us think about how All-Father Thor compares to Yahweh, and what this tells us about Thor and Odin.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 10-18-2018 at 03:39 AM.

Sorry, didn't feel this issue was an improvement. Still felt like the same old - 'let's throw any crazy crap at the page coz it's cool'. I'm fed up of the de-uniqueness of characters that is a constant theme at Marvel. There was a time when charatcers like Spider-Man, Phoenix, Iron Fist and all the other heroes were interesting because they were special. Now powers and concepts get traded around and you can have multiples and clones and alternates and characters from the far future and Old Men and so on and so on. It's dull and tedious and I hate it.

Art was only slightly better than Mundo's Can't wait for Dauterman to return.

Did anyone NOT work out who the worm was? And returning to my earlier point, great, another Loki!

BANNED

Talking Happy Thor's Day!!!

Thor #3 Sep 1998
    "God and Man!" Part 1 of 2.
    Thor becomes acclimated to his new life as the mortal Jake Olson and all the complications that come with it.

Meanwhile, Sedna, the Sea Spirit, and her titanic leviathan lay siege to Manhattan

and only Thor has the power to stop her.

Story by Dan Jurgens. Art by John Romita, Jr. and Klaus Janson.

All-New Member

Dear Marvel.
    Please end this stupid charade of a stoeyline that is in Thor #6. An easy way is just to have Galactus come by in the next issue and consume Thor, Down, and the monstrosity the is Logan and the Phoenix force. Have him eat the artist, writers, and editor also.
    Thank you.

All-New Member

Dear Marvel.
    Please end this stupid charade of a stoeyline that is in Thor #6. An easy way is just to have Galactus come by in the next issue and consume Thor, Doom, and the monstrosity the is Logan and the Phoenix force. Have him eat the artist, writers, and editor also.
    Thank you.

Extraordinary Member

They killed Galactus already.

All-New Member

Well, think about #4 and #5 and you will find #6 most amazing.