Page 347 of 354 FirstFirst ... 247297337343344345346347348349350351 ... LastLast
Results 5,191 to 5,205 of 5304

Spectacular Member

am I the only one who got tired of Malekith???
    Aaron's version of Malekith is nowhere close to Simonson's--and Simonson's was far better. He was subtle and had a point (other than "I'm evil so I kill things"). So, yes, I'll join you in being tired of Aaron's Malekith. I was actually tired of him shortly after they busted him out of hel. Aaron's writing of mythological characters overall is extremely poor. I think, in the long run, his run on Thor will be looked upon poorly by most. Especially after some other writer actually restores Thor as an honorable hero.

THOR #10
    JASON AARON (W) • MIKE DEL MUNDO (A/C)
    SKRULLS VARIANT COVER by TBA
    ALL-FATHER ODIN, FATHER OF RUIN! ROAD TO THE WAR OF THE REALMS!
    For months, the realms have burned with the flames of Malekith’s war, while Almighty Odin did nothing. Now Asgardia is lost in the sun, the Rainbow Bridge is shattered and the All-Father sits alone in the empty ruins of Old Asgard, drunk on mead and despair. If Odin is going to save what’s left of the realms, he’ll have to undertake the most difficult labor of his very long life. Not by being the omnipotent All-Father, but by finally being just a father to the mighty Thor.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

That's it, I'm done.

Don't let him break you!

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    THOR #10
    For months, the realms have burned with the flames of Malekith’s war, while Almighty Odin did nothing. Now Asgardia is lost in the sun, the Rainbow Bridge is shattered and the All-Father sits alone in the empty ruins of Old Asgard, drunk on mead and despair. If Odin is going to save what’s left of the realms, he’ll have to undertake the most difficult labor of his very long life. Not by being the omnipotent All-Father, but by finally being just a father to the mighty Thor.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

That's it, I'm done.
    LoL what!?

Astonishing Member

THOR #10
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

That's it, I'm done.
    do you think someone is exploring father issues?

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    LoL what!?
    What’s the betting?

A paternal talk, High Father to Thor, something along the lines of:-

Odin: “ There is no shame in admitting some is better qualified to fight a particular battle. Do the brave thing, step aside, and let Jane fight. Please don’t get in her way.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Don't let him break you!
    give it a few years and I think it will hardly be relevant

let's just stay strong

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    What’s the betting?

A paternal talk, High Father to Thor, something along the lines of:-

Odin: “ There is no shame in admitting some is better qualified to fight a particular battle. Do the brave thing, step aside, and let Jane fight. Please don’t get in her way.”

Amazing Member

I'm sure it'll just be about how Odin's life has gone to **** and how he's been a terrible everything

THOR #10
    For months, the realms have burned with the flames of Malekith’s war, while Almighty Odin did nothing.
    Well, we already get how useless Odin has been at this point out of the way.
    Now Asgardia is lost in the sun, the Rainbow Bridge is shattered and the All-Father sits alone in the empty ruins of Old Asgard, drunk on mead and despair.
    So...Unworthy Odin? Should we call him "The Borson" now ?
    If Odin is going to save what’s left of the realms, he’ll have to undertake the most difficult labor of his very long life. Not by being the omnipotent All-Father, but by finally being just a father to the mighty Thor.
    Given his track record with his attempt at either, I'm not expecting much.

Ultimate Member

THOR #10
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

That's it, I'm done.
    So I guess we're supposed to forget that it was Odin's punishment that made Thor the compassionate God that he is/was?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    So I guess we're supposed to forget that it was Odin's punishment that made Thor the compassionate God that he is/was?
    were supposed to see him as an inept despotic tyrant with no saving graces

least that's what it feels like to me

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I don't think it's worth bringing up the punishment, as Thor was never really shown as arrogant, it was just an excuse to paper over the fact that Stan Lee had changed his mind about Thor merely being Don Blake with a super-powered face-lift. The tales of young Thor Lee wrote gave Thor pretty much the same personality he had after the punishment.

BANNED

Talking Happy Thor's Day!!!

..and a very HAPPY birthday to "Rascally" Roy Thomas!!

Thor #277 Nov 1978
    "Time of the Trolls!"
    Loki is sentenced to the place of punishment for his role in starting Ragnarok;

Elsewhere, Hela and her horde of Trolls prepare to storm the rainbow bridge;

The new Thor takes Sif to a distant land to be his queen.

Script by Roy Thomas http://www.comicsreporter.com/index....ay_roy_thomas/, pencils by John Buscema (breakdowns) and Tom Palmer (finished art), inks by Tom Palmer.