Page 55 of 354 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default RIPT T-Shirts: The Mighty Thor

Facts about Thor

Birth Name: Thor Odinson
    Height: 6’6″ as Thor, but as Blake he is 5’9″.
    Weight: 640 lbs as Thor but as Blake he is 150 lbs.
    Eyes: Blue
    Hair: Blond
    Citizenship: Asgard; honorary US citizen
    Place of Birth: A cave in Norway
    First Appearance: Venus #12 (1951)
    First Self Titled Issue: Thor battles Hercules on the cover of his first self-titled issue, Thor #126 (March 1966).

Team affiliations:
    Avengers
    Warriors Three
    Thor Corps
    God Squad
    Avengers Unity Squad

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    I wanted to explore a new character as in Rosalind Solomon, not just a new "Thor". I knew Jane Foster already and I felt like there was a lot more to discover with Roz (meaning new stories, fleshing out her past and family and so on). I don't get how she's a butchered version of two established characters. Help me understand that part.
    oh
    I wasn't disagreeing with you.

A) Fem-Thor is a bastardization of the two already established characters. Thor and Jane.

b) I don't like Roz for reasons I'll quote once again

I actually didn't like Roz, all that much. She's kinda like the Maria Hill/Fury goverment official who thinks they can police around super powered beings. LOL get out. Iron Man, Thor, Hulk have those chumps at their mercy. IT's beyonnd silly when Marvel writes these guys as taking orders from political self absorbed scum.
    Cyclops was right

BANNED

Bastardization is to me in this case a good thing

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

Me, I like Jane as Thor. I'm very much into reading her series and seeing the developments. i'm also interested to see how Odinson gets free and what happens when he returns to Asgard. And I'm good with both wielding the power of Thor!
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ciscostudent561 View Post
    oh
    I wasn't disagreeing with you.

A) Fem-Thor is a bastardization of the two already established characters. Thor and Jane.

b) I don't like Roz for reasons I'll quote once again
    I understand how you feel with Roz. I thought she and Thor got along well. She didn't seem as obnoxious to me as other SHIELD agents. Bottom line for Jane, I've seen plenty of her and she's basically just holding on to life. I can't sympathize with her for some reason. I just want her to go away somewhere and have a happy ending.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Bastardization is to me in this case a good thing
    Yes this is good!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    I understand how you feel with Roz. I thought she and Thor got along well. She didn't seem as obnoxious to me as other SHIELD agents. Bottom line for Jane, I've seen plenty of her and she's basically just holding on to life. I can't sympathize with her for some reason. I just want her to go away somewhere and have a happy ending.
    yeah she wasn't totally obnoxious, but her downspeaking to Thor was just stupid. I can't stand how they make Thor turn into an unintelligible brute. He's a warrior and all of us can get caught up in the exhilarating rush of battle but outside of an adrenaline peak he can hold his own. Regardless again you're right she's not Maria Hill/Fury bad. They're scum.
    Cyclops was right

BANNED

naw, i think God butcher is a clasic and the following story really good
    I think DisThor was forced down his throat and hes tryna do his best with it
    I didn't really like Aaron's run until Accursed, which I thought was REALLY good, right up there with the JMS.

Nice to know it´s official
    I couldn't care less about Star Lord, I want to now if Warlock's going to be in this!

BANNED

yeah she wasn't totally obnoxious, but her downspeaking to Thor was just stupid. I can't stand how they make Thor turn into an unintelligible brute. He's a warrior and all of us can get caught up in the exhilarating rush of battle but outside of an adrenaline peak he can hold his own. Regardless again you're right she's not Maria Hill/Fury bad. They're scum.
    Agree.
    To me, it is insulting towards the marvel character Thor son of Gaea & Odin
    Totally agree!

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Birth Name: Thor Odinson
    Height: 6’6″ as Thor, but as Blake he is 5’9″.
    Weight: 640 lbs as Thor but as Blake he is 150 lbs.
    Eyes: Blue
    Hair: Blond
    Citizenship: Asgard; honorary US citizen
    Place of Birth: A cave in Norway
    First Appearance: Venus #12 (1951)
    First Self Titled Issue: Thor battles Hercules on the cover of his first self-titled issue, Thor #126
    Was it really necessary to include that Thor was born in a cave? I know Thor hasn't got any kind of birth certificate but on people who do, they wouldnt say things like born in the back seat of a car,USA or in a bath tub, England.

Writing on the wall The Celtic Batman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Was it really necessary to include that Thor was born in a cave? I know Thor hasn't got any kind of birth certificate but on people who do, they wouldnt say things like born in the back seat of a car,USA or in a bath tub, England.
    Not in my cave he wasn't...

Just sayin'

Love me some Thor and stuff, but this here's a Bat-cave. We good?
    We're all the Doom Patrol!!!
    Opinions come in all shapes and sizes.
    But they're still just opinions yo

Mighty Member

wasnt Thor alwaays gonna be in infinity movies?
    Cyclops was right

BANNED

I've been backtracking with Thor and have just finished reading the Len Wein/Buscema run (fantastic), as well as the Ragnarok (Thomas, and really good as well).

I'm still hesitating on purchasing the Eternals Saga and feel like I'm missing out. It's just that the price online is outrageous.

This past month has been a terrific, Thor oriented time, with me reading the JMS, Aaron, and full Simonson runs, not to mention the incredible Thor Disassembled (the last right up there with the Simonson imo). I'm now deciding whether to throw caution to the wind and purchase the Eternals or give the Simonson Ragnarok a try (tempted also by the Jurgens).

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

wasnt Thor alwaays gonna be in infinity movies?
    I thought that the initial rumours were that Thor and the Hulk were going to sit out the first part of Infinity war in 2018 with the Avengers team being the new one that was put together at the end of Avengers 2 with a few additions like the Black Panther and Captain Marvel and that they would both return for the second Infinity war film in 2019.

I suppose it could all change with whatever outcome happens in the upcoming Captain America,civil War movie.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    I thought that the initial rumours were that Thor and the Hulk were going to sit out the first part of Infinity war in 2018 with the Avengers team being the new one that was put together at the end of Avengers 2 with a few additions like the Black Panther and Captain Marvel and that they would both return for the second Infinity war film in 2019.

I suppose it could all change with whatever outcome happens in the upcoming Captain America,civil War movie.
    i actually like that idea better
    let the cockroach team get pwned in movie one
    then the big ones are summoned against the Big T round 2
    Cyclops was right

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

To me, Peter-v-Nguyen did an awesome job depicting Brunnhilde, Stormborn, Lady Sif, Dani Moonstar, Throg and Thordis in this image. Thanks for sharing juan678
    That is fantastic looking.