Page 56 of 354 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast

Cool that Thor is confirmed for Infinity Wars.

Shame that "The Reigning" Thor was not part of mainstream continuity for Marvel.

Absolutely one of my favorite stories revolving around Thor.
    ----------------------------------
    "...the guy who went to 'Nam and never came back..."

BANNED

Smile Happy Thor's Day!

Happy Thor's Day everyone!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    I thought that the initial rumours were that Thor and the Hulk were going to sit out the first part of Infinity war in 2018 with the Avengers team being the new one that was put together at the end of Avengers 2 with a few additions like the Black Panther and Captain Marvel and that they would both return for the second Infinity war film in 2019.

I suppose it could all change with whatever outcome happens in the upcoming Captain America,civil War movie.
    Even though he had nothing to do with the IG or IW, I wish Mar-Vell would show up in a film...ANY film. To me, the only Captain Marvel.

I really like the Infinity Gauntlet and War storylines, the only thing that diminished my appreciation for them is that I was there for the original, Final Threat (I'm old) and to me those comics can't be surpassed. Starlin was just awe-inspiring back in the 70's, and a lot of my other dorky, comic-reading friends felt that those two comics were the greatest of all time.

I just started reading the Gillen-era Thor last night and I'm more than impressed. Looking forward to cracking open Journey into Mystery in the future....

My favorite story from Marvel is in Illuminatie when Titania is kicking the crap out of Publicity Stunt. I hope she's humiliated further in CW 2.
    https://36.media.tumblr.com/f222aca0...dz6wo1_500.png
    Last edited by mysterio1989; 04-14-2016 at 07:45 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by mysterio1989 View Post
    My favorite story from Marvel is in Illuminatie when Titania is kicking the crap out of Publicity Stunt. I hope she's humiliated further in CW 2.
    is Thordis "publicity stunt?"
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by ciscostudent561 View Post
    is Thordis "publicity stunt?"
    That's the name I nicknamed her with, I refuse to call this hollow shell Thor.

Mighty Member

That's the name I nicknamed her with, I refuse to call this hollow shell Thor.
    its a also an insult to Jane
    Cyclops was right

I like Jane as the human medical doctor, she is not Thor and I will not, nor will I ever accept her as this insult. Thor is his name not a title like Captain America or Spider-Man. If she went by Thunder Goddess or a new name I would have been okay but this is just as I call it a publicity stunt hence the nickname.

Mighty Member

its an awful nightmare im waiting to wake up from
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by ciscostudent561 View Post
    its an awful nightmare im waiting to wake up from
    It's real but if reality is too much you can always stick to the X-boards.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Götterdämmerung View Post
    Even though he had nothing to do with the IG or IW, I wish Mar-Vell would show up in a film...ANY film. To me, the only Captain Marvel.

I really like the Infinity Gauntlet and War storylines, the only thing that diminished my appreciation for them is that I was there for the original, Final Threat (I'm old) and to me those comics can't be surpassed. Starlin was just awe-inspiring back in the 70's, and a lot of my other dorky, comic-reading friends felt that those two comics were the greatest of all time.

I just started reading the Gillen-era Thor last night and I'm more than impressed. Looking forward to cracking open Journey into Mystery in the future....
    The ironic thing is that Carol gets closer and closer to looking like her male counterpart with each passing series. I don't know if she's on steroids or what but she went from looking like Carol to looking more like Carl. It's just odd to me. Does no one at Marvel realize how much she doesn't look anything like herself just a few years prior? But anyway, this is a Thor thread so moving on. lol

Mighty Member

It's real but if reality is too much you can always stick to the X-boards.
    cant go back til Apocalypse releases. too much spoilage right now.
    Cyclops was right

BANNED

I don't have a huge problem with Jane as Thor...for now. I've had a much easier time dealing with this substitution than I have to way overextended (for me) Captain America "replacements" (or even worse, the Captain America "Corps" that seems to have become the present situation...stupid).

I'm ready anytime to have Thor be Thor, novelty only goes so far with me.

I've been reading about Thor/Thor for a long time, and feel a bit cheated that we're not keeping up with the Man himself.

Jane Thor has been fun at times, and I've dearly loved some of the artwork. But enough's enough.

I'm halfway through the Gillen Thor main title, and really looking forward to checking out Journey into Mystery.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Götterdämmerung View Post
    I don't have a huge problem with Jane as Thor
    idk how u can process this
    its like saying u dont mind sam wilson being renamed as steve rogers, but maintaining all his distinct characteristics.
    thats the first issue i have with it. and its a huge one. This isnt a code name, its his birthname.
    Cyclops was right