Page 7 of 354 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    hopefully. TDW was great.
    YES! Finally found a likeminded!
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    YES! Finally found a likeminded!
    Well it's a pleasure.

All-New Member

I loved The Dark World, but was a little disappointed. In no small part because Thor was the first superhero movie I actually truly genuinely loved from top to bottom, so I was expecting that same kind of game-changing experience.

Yes, I blame the movie for my unfair expectations.

The Dan Jurgens' Thor run is underrated. A TON of things happened under his run. The first 30 issues or so were just incredible and blow away the JMS' run (totally different run, which I did like).

Thanks to everyone for the TPB recommendations
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    hopefully. TDW was great.
    I agree
    I don't think it was great. But I enjoyed it.
    Also Aarons run has been superb.

Ultimate Member

TDW was, ok. Not bad per se, but quite disappointing due to A LOT of wasted potential.

When I first watched TDW I loved it. I heralded it as the best Marvel movie to date. Then the next day I started to really reflect on it. I saw it a second time. And I realized that there were just so many things that they could have done...better. I think the fight between Thor and Kurse is the most disappointing for me. That could have been EPIC. I also thought Malekith was a weak villain. I use non-comic friends as better litmus tests for the movies because they're not watching with all the baggage I am. Biggest complaint I heard was that the Malekith could have been better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ciscostudent561 View Post
    I agree
    I don't think it was great. But I enjoyed it.
    Also Aarons run has been superb.
    It was better than the first.

BANNED

Who's getting the Tenth Realm today? I'm behind on Thor and haven't read Loki, but the nine realms stuff interests me so I might get it digitally.

Quote Originally Posted by smoothrunes View Post
    Thor really needs to stick to using Mjolnir from now on if he can. It seems whenever he uses another weapon, it just leads to disaster. Case in point:

When he enchanted Jarnbjorn to fight Apocalypse, it backfired immensely when the Apoc. Twins got their hands on it in modern times and used it to kill a Celestial gardener, framing Earth for the murder, which caused Exitar to come and destroy the planet.

spoilers:
    Though that did get fixed thanks to Kang and his time travel, when Thor used to weapon to kill Exitar to stop it from destroying Earth, Kang (surprise!) betrayed him and the heroes and started absorbing Exitar's power from the wound.
    end of spoilers

In the future, spoilers:
    Old King Thor uses Gorr's All-Black the Necrosword to beat Galactus and drive him away. This, however, leads to the sword infecting Galactus and turning him into an evil(er?) version of himself.
    end of spoilers

So please, God of Thunder, just stick to what you know best.
    He should just have remembered he'd created Jarnbjorn when the Fourth Host came to town, so he and Odin could wipe out the Celestials, and none of this would have been a problem. In fact, Jarnbjorn's existence creates a big honking plot hole in the whole Fourth Host storyline, since it was crystal clear that both Odin and Thor were going all out, no holds barred, in trying to stop the Celestials, given Odin even 'died' (got better with posthumous help from Thor) from confronting them in the gigantified Destroyer armor.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Who's getting the Tenth Realm today? I'm behind on Thor and haven't read Loki, but the nine realms stuff interests me so I might get it digitally.
    I am. I'm interested to see how they explain the connection to Angela/The Tenth Realm. Also, I highly recommend that you check out the Loki book, it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    The Dan Jurgens' Thor run is underrated. A TON of things happened under his run. The first 30 issues or so were just incredible and blow away the JMS' run (totally different run, which I did like).
    Its been a long while since I read Jurgens' run, but yeah I remember enjoying it for the first 2/3 years ... but I grew bored/annoyed by issue 40 or so and I jumped off; but in fairness it was partly due to financial reasons.

Simonson, JMS/Gillen and currently Aaron are my personal top three Thor runs though.

mikedeoratojr

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I am. I'm interested to see how they explain the connection to Angela/The Tenth Realm. Also, I highly recommend that you check out the Loki book, it's awesome.
    That issue certainly sold me on Loki AoA. Have to see when the trade is out. So Angela is an existing character not connected to Thor before hand, correct? Here are my two cents:

It seems like she will be just like Loki, raised away from her parents and taught to hate her own kind. I guess we'll see just how far it goes (I'm hoping she's not another villain). Those Angels seem like seriously bad customers. I assume the queen is still alive and primed for a showdown with the Allmother.