Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    So, apparently, is Agent Venom. Hence my reply in the second post of the thread.

And I'm not familiar with the MGS guys, but from what I'm hearing some of them are pretty blatantly meta as well. Guys like Boomerang, Owlman and even Bullseye (who actually ARE street-level) are completely out of their league here.
    only gray fox and liquid really. gray fox was a cyborg in MGS so of course he had some great feats going for him. liquid? the only thing that is explained for how he does the shit he does is because he's the "son" of big boss.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    only gray fox and liquid really. gray fox was a cyborg in MGS so of course he had some great feats going for him. liquid? the only thing that is explained for how he does the shit he does is because he's the "son" of big boss.
    Football Nanomachines.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    well sadly, frank and eli aren't from texas nor played college ball.

MGS tiers are basically:

- Class 50+ cybernetically/nanomachine enhanced beings that can do things like rip apart giant mechs with their hands and have supersonic reflexes. So, people like Raiden and Senator Armstrong. Jetstream Sam is apparently close to this tier with almost pure skill, somehow.

- Psycho Mantis has ridiculous psychic powers and can be intangible and make other things intangible, so he's in his own spot.

- Class 10ish highly bullet timing people like Vamp and the Cyborg ninjas.

- Street levelers with bullet time reflexes and a whole lot of damage soak. The 3 Les Enfant Terribles (Solid/Liquid/Solidus) fall under this. Naked Snake doesn't have any feats of bullet timing that i recall, but given that he canonically can out CQC Solid, and is where the clone template comes from, I'm willing to spot him. By that metric, I'd spot The Boss as well. People like Ocelot and spoilllllllerrrrrrrrrrrrrpunishedsnakeandspoilllll llerrrrrrr seem to be peers.

- Ringers and peak humans like nano Meryl, some bosses and names people and Johnny Sasaki.

Quote Originally Posted by abmccray View Post
    Jetstream Sam is apparently close to this tier with almost pure skill, somehow.
    While Sam himself isn't a cyborg, he is wearing a power suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    as i understand it, sam has some cybernetic enhancements. just not to the level of guys like jack.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    as i understand it, sam has some cybernetic enhancements. just not to the level of guys like jack.
    Sam's right arm is cybernetic, because after he sliced off Senator Armstrong's arm, he nano'd up and shoved the stump through Sam's arm.

Yeah, he's a guy with a cybernetic arm in a power suit. Which I guess technically makes him a cyborg, but not in the same sense that Raiden and co are.

The point is it's not just skill that lets him hang with them.

Demon Volgin / The Man on Fire is pretty high on the list. the guy can absorb pretty much a shit load of damage , has fire powers, could summon a flaming horse, teleport, absorb energy, ran on pure hated and basically was a walking juggernaut. but he just happen to have a weakness to water. even through Psycho Mantis manipulate him, Volgin's new powers were his and his alone. Volgin's new powers in MGS5 actually come from the Fury's powers being infused in his body.

Mighty Member

Yeah, he's a guy with a cybernetic arm in a power suit. Which I guess technically makes him a cyborg, but not in the same sense that Raiden and co are.

The point is it's not just skill that lets him hang with them.
    Still, Sam is fucking terrifying when you really think about it. Outside of his sword & suit before he got his arm what else did Jetstream have on him?

I mean to hell with FOXHOND give a squad of Sams.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Demon Volgin / The Man on Fire is pretty high on the list. the guy can absorb pretty much a shit load of damage , has fire powers, could summon a flaming horse, teleport, absorb energy, ran on pure hated and basically was a walking juggernaut. but he just happen to have a weakness to water. even through Psycho Mantis manipulate him, Volgin's new powers were his and his alone. Volgin's new powers in MGS5 actually come from the Fury's powers being infused in his body.

With enough (fire) power you can overwhelm him though. I kinda screwd up the water tanks (used them to early) so i just fired rockets and grenades from my launcher at the guy which eventually worked.

Quote Originally Posted by abmccray View Post
    MGS tiers are basically:

- Class 50+ cybernetically/nanomachine enhanced beings that can do things like rip apart giant mechs with their hands and have supersonic reflexes. So, people like Raiden and Senator Armstrong. Jetstream Sam is apparently close to this tier with almost pure skill, somehow.

- Psycho Mantis has ridiculous psychic powers and can be intangible and make other things intangible, so he's in his own spot.

- Class 10ish highly bullet timing people like Vamp and the Cyborg ninjas.

- Street levelers with bullet time reflexes and a whole lot of damage soak. The 3 Les Enfant Terribles (Solid/Liquid/Solidus) fall under this. Naked Snake doesn't have any feats of bullet timing that i recall, but given that he canonically can out CQC Solid, and is where the clone template comes from, I'm willing to spot him. By that metric, I'd spot The Boss as well. People like Ocelot and spoilllllllerrrrrrrrrrrrrpunishedsnakeandspoilllll llerrrrrrr seem to be peers.

- Ringers and peak humans like nano Meryl, some bosses and names people and Johnny Sasaki.
    Where would you peg the average genome soldier? Based on feats I imagine they would be terribly low. On the other hand, when you have specialized unitsl ike in MGS4 and really, anytime you play on hard or Extreme in MGS2 the riot boys come out with their shield and they are legit as hell. And raiden is already a bullet-timer in that game. Does that game play count?? it's nto really pure gameplay, I mean... and things like infinite ammo are canon...

Well, Johnny Sasaki is a genome soldier, and he was almost keeping up with nano-enhanced people in 4 on skill alone, so they are pretty close to peak human on their own, probably.

I typically go cutscenes > gameplay general presentation (ie. what the plot says happens combined with what happens in the game) as far as video game feats go. MGS is full of cutscenes, so you can generally use those. MGS2 has examples of clear bullet timing from people like Solidus, etc., 4 has some nice peak human stuff from Sasaki and Meryl and such, on top of everything else, so there's a lot to scale from.