Default Is this old Batman sticky returning?

http://oldforums.comicbookresources....-Recent-Events

Cause this was such a great help, it help me so much on finding what are great Batman stories to go after and such that it'll be saddening to see it disappear. Plus what about the Year 4 Poll?

Quote Originally Posted by Raichi View Post
    http://oldforums.comicbookresources....-Recent-Events

Cause this was such a great help, it help me so much on finding what are great Batman stories to go after and such that it'll be saddening to see it disappear. Plus what about the Year 4 Poll?
    In time my friend. I need to count the Year Four votes and make up the results which will form part of the new thread. You can still view the old one here. As for the poll itself, we mods got some notice of the reboot but yeah, it's cut short early. Would be a bit weird to reopen it now as 25 votes would be separated in an archived thread.

How about restarting the Year 4 Poll? Last year it had around 90 voters so for it to drop down to 25 voters it wil effect the results in terms of range and popularity.

Those threads were so helpful to me as a previous non-Batman reader to pick out what to read to catch up. I hope some iteration of that/those thread(s) comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    How about restarting the Year 4 Poll? Last year it had around 90 voters so for it to drop down to 25 voters it wil effect the results in terms of range and popularity.
    I agree, with only 25 votes it wouldn't give the best results that represents the community so I say restarting the poll would be great idea especially now since the Forum rebooted New 52 style.

Quote Originally Posted by Raichi View Post
    I agree, with only 25 votes it wouldn't give the best results that represents the community so I say restarting the poll would be great idea especially now since the Forum rebooted New 52 style.
    30 votes was the average number it received in all past years, being open for six weeks periods at each time. This year it it received 25 in less than two weeks, and they way it works is votes from every year are combined to make a rolling count, this year will top 100 members. So it's actually not that bad. However I'll think about perhaps reopening sooner once the board has built back up to speed, rather than waiting another 12 months again.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    In time my friend. I need to count the Year Four votes and make up the results which will form part of the new thread. You can still view the old one here. As for the poll itself, we mods got some notice of the reboot but yeah, it's cut short early. Would be a bit weird to reopen it now as 25 votes would be separated in an archived thread.
    Good to know that some form of that thread will be returning. I've found a lot of great stuff to read there in the past and would hate for it to be lost.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

I would love Year 4, 5, 6, etc... I LOVE the early stories of BM and seeing him with his old uni and violet gloves. If there was an ongoing dedicated to just this I would wait in line for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post
    I would love Year 4, 5, 6, etc... I LOVE the early stories of BM and seeing him with his old uni and violet gloves. If there was an ongoing dedicated to just this I would wait in line for it!
    By year 4 we are talking about the yearly vote (in it's 4th year) of what are out favourite bat-stories.

All-New Member

I can't wait for the thread to be reposted now that the original is unavailable even from the link posted above. In the meantime, can someone at least tell me what two trades were listed after Batman R.I.P.? I've been following that thread since I started reading comics a few months ago and I'm lost without it! Were they Batman & Robin: Batman Reborn followed by Batman & Robin: Batman vs. Robin? Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by TUKAN_SAM; 05-18-2014 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by TUKAN_SAM View Post
    I can't wait for the thread to be reposted now that the original is unavailable even from the link posted above. In the meantime, can someone at least tell me what two trades were listed after Batman R.I.P.? I've been following that thread since I started reading comics a few months ago and I'm lost without it! Were they Batman & Robin: Batman Reborn followed by Batman & Robin: Batman vs. Robin? Thanks in advance!
    Yep, after RIP it's Batman Reborn and Batman VS Robin, then back to the Bruce storyline with Time & the Batman and Return of Bruce Wayne, then the 2nd big climax in Batman Must Die. Glad you found it helpful! I'll try have it up by next weekend.

All-New Member

Default More Batman questions!

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    Yep, after RIP it's Batman Reborn and Batman VS Robin, then back to the Bruce storyline with Time & the Batman and Return of Bruce Wayne, then the 2nd big climax in Batman Must Die. Glad you found it helpful! I'll try have it up by next weekend.
    Thanks so much nepenthes! And since you seem to know so much about comics, I'd like to ask you one more question, if that's alright. I only started reading comics a few months ago so I'm still struggling to understand reading orders and how volumes are put together. I also have this semi-OCD nature and like unity within a library in regards to collecting individual issues vs trades and volumes.

That said, I have difficulty understanding why, for example, Batman (2011-present) excludes issues #18-20, #23.1-23.4, and #28 from the current volumes. Is this simply an error on volume descriptions, or do the publishers deliberately exclude these issues? Are you not supposed to read them in order? Since Vol 5 doesn't come out until October, and does not include any of these issues either, is it safe to assume they won't show up in any volume?

Ok, so that was a few more questions than just one haha. But I'd really appreciate any insight. With the sales that Comixology has, if the issues really are excluded it seems like it might be best to buy individual issues. I'm struggling with the same problem for Aquaman New 52 and don't want to start buying until I know what I need to do.
    Last edited by TUKAN_SAM; 05-19-2014 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Holy wall of text, Batman!

All-New Member

Those issues were deliberately excluded because they have nothing to do with the rest of the volumes' stories, and will surely be collected in the future with the corresponding storyline.

Batman 23.1-23.4 were standalone stories that featured not Batman, but a variety of his rogues in relation to the Forever Evil event, and most of them weren't scripted and drawn by the book's regular creative team, so unless you are really curious to see what happened in them, you shouldn't worry about wether those are collected or not.
    Batman 18 was a special Robin related issue, and 19-20 were a short Clayface story. They didn't have anything to do with Death of the Family, so they weren't collected in Vol. 3. Batman 28 was a "flashforward" issue that was published in the middle of Zero Year, but as it has nothing to do with that storyline, it wouldn't make sense to collect it with the Zero Year trades. It will probably be collected once all of Zero Year has been collected, along with the Requiem and Clayface issues.

This happened because right now, in the monthlies, a story retelling Batman's origin called Zero Year is taking place. So, Batman volumes 4, 5 and 6 will deal with that.
    In short, you shouldn't worry about 23.1-23.4 unless you're following Forever Evil, and Batman 18-20 and 28 will most surely be collected in Batman volume 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Rcn View Post
    Those issues were deliberately excluded because they have nothing to do with the rest of the volumes' stories, and will surely be collected in the future with the corresponding storyline.

Batman 23.1-23.4 were standalone stories that featured not Batman, but a variety of his rogues in relation to the Forever Evil event, and most of them weren't scripted and drawn by the book's regular creative team, so unless you are really curious to see what happened in them, you shouldn't worry about wether those are collected or not.
    Batman 18 was a special Robin related issue, and 19-20 were a short Clayface story. They didn't have anything to do with Death of the Family, so they weren't collected in Vol. 3. Batman 28 was a "flashforward" issue that was published in the middle of Zero Year, but as it has nothing to do with that storyline, it wouldn't make sense to collect it with the Zero Year trades. It will probably be collected once all of Zero Year has been collected, along with the Requiem and Clayface issues.

This happened because right now, in the monthlies, a story retelling Batman's origin called Zero Year is taking place. So, Batman volumes 4, 5 and 6 will deal with that.
    In short, you shouldn't worry about 23.1-23.4 unless you're following Forever Evil, and Batman 18-20 and 28 will most surely be collected in Batman volume 7.
    Yep, with one minor correction: Zero Year will be collected in Batman Vol.4 and Vol.5 only (Dark City and Wild City are going into one trade).

Vol.6 will be the first in the post Eternal landscape and likely a very good fit for issues 18 and 28 which heavily feature Harper Rowe. The Clayface two-parter, who knows.

All-New Member

Thanks so much Rcn and nepenthes! So if it's the same for other volumes, such as Aquaman, should I assume that those issues aren't related as well?