Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Regardless, looks like the Snyder haters will be waiting until issue #75 now. Have to say... this news delights me, both Snyder staying on while Capullo takes a break AND that the haters have to wait another two years lol!
    Last edited by AUScowboy; 10-16-2015 at 05:37 PM.

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

I really enjoy Snyder's writing. But I have to admit I do not like JimBat. I am much more interested in Powerless Kal at this time.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AUScowboy View Post
    Regardless, looks like the Snyder haters will be waiting until issue #75 now. Have to say... this news delights me, both Snyder staying on while Capullo takes a break AND that the haters have to wait another two years lol!
    I love Snyder writing Batman, hope he never leaves. But I like him writing Batman...if you know what I mean. He has clunky, overly allegorical exposition at times - I think even his biggest defenders would admit that. But to me he is the best writer in comics. Also, I know the guy personally a bit and know how much passion he has for the character. Just because I think this long of a detour was ill-advised does not make me a "hater". As I've said before, if he wanted to do "down" issues I wish he would have either done small-ball detective stories or stories about Bruce Wayne - both of which we've seen too little of for 45 issues of Batman. Also, I think his characterization of Alfred, and DC's treatment of the character in general, has been atrocious. All IMHO
    Last edited by AlexanderLuthor; 10-16-2015 at 06:13 PM.

So I guess the guy duke was talking to was his brother, but what happened to his ear?

Duke Thomas
    Daryl Gutierrez
    Not related
    They are both from the same neighborhood in Gotham.
    I believe Daryl said this very issue that he was attacked by a gang this issue so I assume that's the burn he received

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AUScowboy View Post
    Just because I've gotten burned out on the type of stories Snyder is telling (large scale, high stakes, 12 issue epics) and just because I would really like to see him take a bit of a break from those doesn't make me a "Snyder hater". It just makes me a fan that wants to see him try his hand at something else for a bit.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I have read all of New 52 Snyder, but I only just now read Snyder's The Black Mirror. And holy cow, it was the best Snyder book yet. And now that Gordon is Batman, I really hope we get a sequel to the events of Black Mirror. This is the perfect time for Gordon's personal Joker son to re-emerge. I know James has come back in New 52 Batgirl, but I want a new Snyder story about it. Are Black Mirror and the Batgirl arc the only comics that feature him as a villain so far?

Astonishing Member

Took me a little double-take re-read to realize that Darryl is the "cousin" character in Batman # 44 that talks to Batman in the hospital with Thomas Emery Duggio. When I first read that last month something about Jock's art made me think that character was a young female, but sure as schnitzel it appears to be a youthful Darryl visiting his uncle and worried about his cousin in that episode. So both Darryl and Duke have now turned in appearances in the "Zero Year" timeframe. I don't recall Duke being from the Narrows neck of the woods, though. His parents, and his home location in Savage City, seemed to be more affluent, like upper west or midtown west Gotham.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Amazing Member

The whole run has been outstanding. A very cinematic comic and tho Capullo is the artist, Snyder is the man with the plan. Mr Bloom is very entertaining and ive,enjoyrd this arc thoroughly. It is a homage to Robocop which is one of the coolest most gruesome films of all time. This issue was beautifully drawn. Colors were amazing. That fire looks incredible. And every scene is interesting and atmospheric. Endgame, court of Owls, Death of the family were better, but this is the fourth best arc to me. Every issue has been good and Jocks issue was a classic to me.

I might be mr bloom for halloween