Wink Tyrant vs Thanos

Tyrant vs Thanos

This one may have been done before but couldn't locate it. It's been about a while since they actually squared off with Thanos barely surviving, even when using one of Tyrant's orbs. How would this battle go now, given Thanos has more appearances and feats the past 20 years.

Roughly the same. Tyrant is out of his pay grade.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Honestly, the only thing that makes Tyrant out of Thanos' pay grade is the fact that he was overpowering him the first time. Tyrant is extremely low on feats. Thanos has replicated (if not outdone) all of Tyrant's feats, minus Tyrant overpowering him one-on-one. However, given Tyrant's very few showings, we basically have to take them all as valid, so he will remain more powerful than Thanos until either Thanos gets better feats, or Tyrant gets worse ones that are still consistent with his portrayal.

EDIT: Hmmmm... now that I think about it. I retract my statement. I think that Thanos can survive Tyrant long enough to turn him into a teacup. Tyrant has no transmutation resistance feats, and he isn't powerful enough to have them handwaved, so he will lose to that. Same goes for telepathy. He also has no speed feats, so he can't blitz Thanos before he gets mind-fragged, etc.
    Last edited by Omega; 10-12-2015 at 05:38 PM.
    You address omnipotence. Tread carefully. - Thanos of Titan

i remember a comic book scan when tyrant fought galactus,which from what the narrator said that the fight must have destroyed many galaxies.

So,tyrant easily.

That was the Original Tyrant, he has been depowered since that instant, to roughly Thanos-Level.

Is Tyrant alive? Last I knew, he blew up or something....Morg also died.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Is Tyrant alive? Last I knew, he blew up or something....Morg also died.
    I think Tyrant is presumed dead(?) after a conflict involving him, Galactus and Morg in an issue of Silver Surfer.
    ----------------------------------
    "...the guy who went to 'Nam and never came back..."

Quote Originally Posted by buutenks View Post
    i remember a comic book scan when tyrant fought galactus,which from what the narrator said that the fight must have destroyed many galaxies.

So,tyrant easily.
    Only problem, as noted by Omega, Tyrant has no feats for telepathic resistance or transmutation.

So, more than likely, Thanos should win this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMale View Post
    Only problem, as noted by Omega, Tyrant has no feats for telepathic resistance or transmutation.

So, more than likely, Thanos should win this.
    Isn't Tyrant more machine than anything? Galactus' old cosmic-powered AI system, which rebelled against him? More akin to Ultron?
    Telepathy shouldn't apply.

And also, does transmutation work on cosmic powered beings? The Power Cosmic affects the shape and form of the user, and Tyrant is one. To be able to transmute the stuff Tyrant is made out of would be to change his very nature. And even Galactus could not do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Patchmadripoor View Post
    Isn't Tyrant more machine than anything? Galactus' old cosmic-powered AI system, which rebelled against him? More akin to Ultron?

And also, does transmutation work on cosmic powered beings? The Power Cosmic affects the shape and form of the user, and Tyrant is one. To be able to transmute the stuff Tyrant is made out of would be to change his very nature. And even Galactus could not do that.
    I don't recall reading that Tyrant was machine, but there are no indications that he is immune to telepathy. I have a bad memory though, so I could be wrong. And I have no idea what point you're trying to make with your second paragraph, but Tyrant is not immune to transmutation, full stop.
    You address omnipotence. Tread carefully. - Thanos of Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    And I have no idea what point you're trying to make with your second paragraph, but Tyrant is not immune to transmutation, full stop.
    I don't mean to speak for Patchmadripoor but I believe the point he's trying to make is that: Transmutation would be one of Galactus' base abilities and if he couldn't transmute Tyrant during their battle, why would Thanos or anyone else be able to?

Again, the Tyrant that Galactus fought was the original version.
    The depowered Tyrant isn't even remotely comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by Patchmadripoor View Post

That's strange.

I was under the impression that Tyrant was a a techno organic creation of Galactus.

Do you have scans that describe Tyrant having artificial intelligence?

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    I don't mean to speak for Patchmadripoor but I believe the point he's trying to make is that: Transmutation would be one of Galactus' base abilities and if he couldn't transmute Tyrant during their battle, why would Thanos or anyone else be able to?
    As far as I'm aware, Thanos never attempted transmutation against Tyrant (or TP for that matter). The funny thing about that is I don't chalk that up to PIS.

The opening issue of Cosmic Powers #1 shows Thanos testing himself and wiping out battalions of warriors in hand to hand combat...just for the heck of it. He was actually looking for someone he could test himself against. This of course, culminated in issue #6 of Cosmic Powers, where Thanos gets to face off against Tyrant.

From the stand point of the book, I don't think Thanos wanted a telepathic contest. He wanted a good ole' fashioned brawl.

From a rumbles standpoint however, each character uses their abilities to the full, for the win.

At any rate, I'm hearing from @patchmadripoor that Tyrant is actually constructed around artificial intelligence. Evidently, my synopsis of how this fight goes down is off as I'm under the impression that Tyrant is a techno organic construct of Galactus' from eons ago.

*shrugs*
    Last edited by AlphaMale; 10-19-2015 at 10:28 PM.