Default Gotham City Sirens / Gotham Girls

As someone who wasn't reading comic books when it first came out, was the beginning of the Gotham Sirens series any good?

And on a related thought, if DC wanted to come up with a new version of Gotham Girls using the ladies from DC's New 52 / DCYou, which ladies would rightfully belong as "Gotham Girls"?

I can think of maybe:
    Batgirl
    Batwoman
    Spoiler
    Harper Row
    Julia Pennysworth
    Black Canary
    Catwoman
    Poison Ivy
    Harley Quinn
    Joker's Daughter
    Knightfall
    White Rabbit

And from the Gotham Police Department, add in Maggie Sawyer and now Renee Montoya?

I just recently read the first trade for Gotham City Sirens and I thought it was a pretty fun and nice read. The Sirens were well-characterized and played off each other well, and there was some interesting story beats. Harley pretty much stole the show, but considering who was writing it, I'm not really surprised .

As far as a modern Gotham Girls? I think you'd for sure have to have the mainstays from the original series, so Batgirl, Catwoman, Harley and Ivy definitely should be in it. Zatanna appeared in a few episodes, but that was probably a byproduct of DCAU Zee being more connected to Gotham then she traditionally is (unless Paul Dini is writing).

Though I think if we're adding female heroes, maybe to balance things out, Batwoman would probably be very appropriate and Spoiler might work well .

For me the early Paul Dini issues of Gotham Sirens are the best.

Gotham Girls was great, and I enjoy Batgirl and Renee Montoya being in the mix.
    But the core three are shown on the cover of Gotham Sirens #1.

I was super happy to see them here:

hq.JPG

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

I love the Gotham Girls cartoon.

Gotham Sirens, the comic, annoyed me to no end. I dropped off after a few issues, and would have earlier if I'd been the one paying for it.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

If anybody wants to check out the Gotham Girls episodes, here's one site with (currently) working links: http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF...ulti/episodes/

I went back and forth with GCS when it was being printed but in the end I liked it overall.
    Last edited by Ticklefist; 10-14-2015 at 11:15 PM.

This would be an amazing spin off idea for the Gotham TV series starring Barbara...hmmmm!!