Page 458 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 358408448454455456457458459460461462468508558958 ... LastLast
Results 6,856 to 6,870 of 20769

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Would be too many issues dude. Issue 389 is part of the 'Pursuit' cross over with the other titles. Then 390-393 are the arc 'shrieking'. That gives us 8 more issues on top of 49. Getting a little large.
    Yeah, but with that thinner paper they are using these days, 60 issues probably wouldn't be any bigger than some of the thicker paper 40 issue books.

Stoked to see all this Spidey stuff coming out, but at the same time disappointed because it includes very little previously uncollected material.

As an example, for the Wolverine one-shot and the storyline alone, the Kraven's Last Hunt Epic will be a day one buy for me, but only #289 was previously uncollected, and almost everything else (#290-294 plus tie-ins) is included in an old The Wedding TPB and the Kraven's Last Hunt PHC/TPB. Heck, they could've even included the 3-issue "Life in the Mad Dog Ward" storyline by Nocenti. Again, nitpicking and all, but it would've been neat to get ASM Epic Collection Vol. 16 first and get a good chunk of uncollected issues (now we know it will collect #273-288).

It's a good thing to know about the nineteenth Masterwork. I'm sure the listing is wrong, I don't think #193 will be included in both Vol. 18 and Vol. 19. And again, since there was a "Return of the Burglar" PHC a while back, the only previously uncollected numbers are #201-202. Still, one or two more years tops, and we reach the Stern omni!

As for the Tangled Web omni, I just ordered the very first TPB of the series to complete my set, so I'll pass for the time being. Great option for anyone who hasn't given it a go, though.

Quote Originally Posted by alb2009 View Post
    So the only stories worth getting in the Tangled Web omni is the flowers for rhino and the kingpin henchman story? Because as amazing as those are, both of them are in the best of spider-man OHCs. I'm guessing I can skip this omnibus?
    No. I said those were the two story arcs I could immediately recall and they were very good as were the others (including one by Garth Ennis). I just can't recall them all offhand.

Tangled Web is fantastic, I have the original trades of this book and if I can sell them for anything at all I'll upgrade to the omnibus. One of my favourite Spider-man books.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Let's hope that the amazon.com price tag of $100 for the Tangled Web Omni is a mistake. That's way too pricey. It's only 560 pages and shouldn't really be priced more than $75. It's not as of there were any expensive reproduction costs.

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Darwyn Cooke has two stories in the Tangled Web omnibus. I bought the two trades just for them after he died. They're good, but this is a really, really strange omnibus choice. Especially because I think you can get every one of the trades for like $4? I think I paid $6 total for the two I bought. Usually that means people didn't think the material was very good, or important enough to keep . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    The New Avengers complete collections vol 1 to 5, Is that more than was collected in the vol 1 omni?
    New Avengers By Bendis Complete Collection vols 1-3 = New Avengers Omnibus Vol.1 + 'The Trust' TPB + New Avengers: Illuminati TPB

Overall:

New Avengers By Bendis Complete Collection vols 1-5 = Avengers Disassembled OHC + New Avengers OHC vols 1-7

Quote Originally Posted by Near Mint View Post
    My thoughts exactly. While it is true that the IG Omni is OOP, it was readily available for over 18 months after its initial publication in July 2014 and went on clearance early this year to eliminate the remaining stock. I'm all in favor of classic material being presented in a variety of formats and can appreciate the more affordable price point of an Epic Collection vs. an Omnibus. However, I'm also eager to see the Epic line utilize its other major advantage of non-sequential releases, allowing never-before-collected runs to finally see print.

Very happy for those who missed out on the IG Omni but still hoping to see those SS V3 gaps closed.
    UNfortunately the Epics are not structured to handle events. Sort of a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Let's hope that the amazon.com price tag of $100 for the Tangled Web Omni is a mistake. That's way too pricey. It's only 560 pages and shouldn't really be priced more than $75. It's not as of there were any expensive reproduction costs.
    Yeah, I doubt that's a mistake.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

With Netflix announcing the rounding out of the Punisher cast and stating it will come out late 2017 I'm cautiously optimistic for an Ennis Punisher Omni reprint.

We have gotten the Miller and now Brubaker Omni's reprinted. Also are getting the SA vol.1 from the Daredevil seasons.

Punisher doesn't have much that is in demand to reprint on the Omni front and no material for a BA vol.1 that I know of currently.
    Last edited by Captain Craig; 10-26-2016 at 08:20 AM.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    With Netflix announcing the rounding out of the Punisher cast and stating it will come out late 2017 I'm cautiously optimistic for an Ennis Punisher Omni reprint.

We have gotten the Miller and now Brubaker Omni's reprinted. Also are getting the SA vol.1 from the Daredevil seasons.

Punisher doesn't have much that is in demand to reprint on the Omni front and no material for a BA vol.1 that I know of currently.
    I think if anything called for a reprint to accompany the MCU venture, it would be the Punisher by Ennis. And the timing of Steve Dillon's (untimely and hearbreaking) passing means marvel has the chance to get the Omni into the hands of fans and spare them the absurdity of after market prices.

That being said we are hitting a critical mass of omnis for realistic reprints. Everyone wants so many. It was easy when there were only 30 volumes, but now that there are like 125 (maybe) and we have been getting reprints of reprints. It's harder to guess. All these "for sure" reprints and "for sure" new omnis could be way down the line. Marvel may have another Punisher Omni planned and spaced from years ago that they are going to release.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

For what it's worth, there also was the Alias reprint.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    I think if anything called for a reprint to accompany the MCU venture, it would be the Punisher by Ennis. And the timing of Steve Dillon's (untimely and hearbreaking) passing means marvel has the chance to get the Omni into the hands of fans and spare them the absurdity of after market prices.

That being said we are hitting a critical mass of omnis for realistic reprints. Everyone wants so many. It was easy when there were only 30 volumes, but now that there are like 125 (maybe) and we have been getting reprints of reprints. It's harder to guess. All these "for sure" reprints and "for sure" new omnis could be way down the line. Marvel may have another Punisher Omni planned and spaced from years ago that they are going to release.
    yes, every reprint can take the place of a new omnibus...such as the Ultimate Marvel omnibus. Or the 90's first omnibus. Or Women of Marvel. Or Marvel Now. Or even ones that nobody asked for but some people will take it now that they exist like Clone saga and this Tangled web one. Or Werewolf by night (I have that one). Or Howard the Duck.

Does anybody have a list of all the titles/runs that were released under the Marvel "Classic" Line? Like the Nova Classics and stuff. I've been looking for all the titles they released under that Line of books.

Quote Originally Posted by World1 View Post
    Does anybody have a list of all the titles/runs that were released under the Marvel "Classic" Line? Like the Nova Classics and stuff. I've been looking for all the titles they released under that Line of books.
    From the Marvel Masterworks webpage:

http://collectededitions.com/storefr...el_tpbs_1.html

If you go up one level to "Storefront", they have many pages like this for Epic/Ultimate line, Omnibus/OHCs, PHCs, etc.