Page 799 of 1383 FirstFirst ... 2996997497897957967977987998008018028038098498991299 ... LastLast
Results 11,971 to 11,985 of 20743

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Ah yes, that would be another 3 issues for the Pursuit crossover.

I'm quite happy to collect the Masterworks up to Roger Stern's run, which will most likely be MMW: ASM Vol. 21.
    I’d agree that 21 will bring us to the beginning of Sterns run.

I’d wager that we will see Vol 21 around June/July time, next yeah, to coincide with ‘Homecoming 2’. I’d also wager that we get Vol 2 of Spec, back to back with ASM 21. Same as we did last yeah with Vol 19 and spec vol 1 for Homecomings release

Incredible Member

That's great for Avengers 3 because I really want Avengers 4!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    I've always found it odd that nothing from Slott has gotten the omni treatment. Seems like it would be easy enough to see a couple of omnibuses from Big Time to Superior Spider-man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    I think that now Slott’s run is at an end, we shall see some Omni’s of His Spidey. Personally I would do a 4 Vol set of all his stuff. Ie Spider-Man By Dan Slott Vol 1 to 4
    I've asked Slott on this board and on Twitter about whether his work would be collected in an omnibus and he's always ignored the question. I'm not sure I read too much into that, but he is known for answering questions, getting into debates and holding discussion on social media.

Superior Spider-Man would make a perfect omnibus although it would be great if Marvel went back and started at the beginning of his run. I missed a lot of that due to my boycott after OMD. Ha ha.

Mighty Member

I think we'll see some Dan Slott omnis starting next year, possibly around when the next movie comes out. It'll be interesting to see where they start and how big they make them (all numbers approximate). Between Slott-penned issues of BND and Spidey/Torch, there's about 30 issues (I doubt they put this in omnibus form if they plan to do BND omnibii, but I'm not sure that'll be a thing anytime soon). Big Time is around 50. SSM is about 35 (I put Dying Wish in SSM as the OHC's do). ASM v3 is around 35 (including RYV and a few Spider-verse crossover issues). ASM v4 is in the 50s with Clone Conspiracy (and 800 being extra long). That looks like 4 omnis (maybe 5 if you split ASM v4 pre- and post-Clone Conspiracy to make them manageable sizes) plus a possible volume zero/companion.

Not being an omnibus collector any more, I realize I'm not the target market anymore, but remember that Slott's Spidey run (at least after a certain point) has been collected in OHCs in their entirety (after said point in time).

I realize they don't have the "omnibus" banner on their spines, but they're still in oversized goodness, and IMO much easier to read than a 3-OHCs-in-1 omnibus. Just my two cents, but talking about no omnibuses for material that is readily available in Oversized already is pouring salt in the wounds of others whose favorite titles only get TPBs, or at best Premiere HCs and never oversized. Now I realize the original BND stuff and (maybe) early Slott run is not in OHC, but I just wanted to try and put some perspective here. (NOT trying to argue or anything, please don't misunderstand me). Thanks.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

24. Avengers Omnibus Vol. 3 - 1,855
    69. Moon Knight By Brian Michael Bendis & Alex Maleev OHC - 972
    77. Daredevil By Mark Waid & Chris Samnee Omnibus Vol. 2 - 910
    123. Deadpool Minibus Vol. 0 - 638
    148. Infinity Gauntlet Box HC Slipcase Set - 530
    That Avengers vol.3 number is excellent. Please Marvel, when Avengers 4(film) comes out next year give us an Avengers vol.4 as well. The numbers support this. We do not fear high numbers on our spines.
    Moon Knight by Bendis- that seems a decent number for what is typically considered the worst MK run in recent memory. Let's see how the Lemire volume sells.
    DD by Waid v2 - seems much lower than I'd expected. It's in Shadowland territory and Waid's run is much more loved. Where were the buyers? Volume 1 sold what again?
    Deadpool Minibus vol.0 - is the bloom finally off the rose of Deadpool? Marvel keeps flooding his material out there when so many other collections should be looked at.
    IG Box set - how does it compare to Civil War? Is this good, bad, expected?

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    That's great for Avengers 3 because I really want Avengers 4!
    Same here, same here!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Ah my bad.

I'd like to see the gap between Stern and issue # 298 filled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Be nice for people for this gap to be filled. Not sure how to map it. I myself am happy with the next 10 years of masterworks to fill those gaps.
    Hey guys, a lot of it has been plugged already, in fact almost to the Clone Saga. For example:

thru ASM 212 + Annual 14 are from ASM MMW vol 1-20 (coming this December) or any combination of early ASM Epics, SA Omnis & MMWs will get you to #212
    ASM 224-252 + Annuals 15-17 & Spec 43-61, 85 are in the Spider-Man by Roger Stern Omnibus
    ASM 252-263 + Spec 90-100 + Annual 4 + WOSM 1 + MTU 141-150 + Annual 4 are in the Spider-Man Complete Alien Costume Saga vol 1-2 TPBs
    ASM 259-272 + Annuals 18-19 + WOSM 1,6 are in the ASM Ghosts of the Past Epic TPB
    ASM 289-294 + Annuals 20-21 + Spidey vs. Wolverine 1 + Web 29-32 + Spec 131-132 are in the ASM Kraven's Last Hunt Epic TPB
    ASM 295-310 + Annual 22 + WOSM 33 + Spec 133 are in the upcoming ASM Venom Epic TPB (or the existing Mad Dog Ward TPB + Micheline/McFarlane Omnibus)
    ASM 296-329 are in the ASM by Micheline/McFarlane Omnibus HC
    ASM 326-333 + Annual 24 + Spec 158-160 & Annual 10 + WOSM 59-61 & Annual 6 are in the ASM Cosmic Adventures Epic TPB
    ASM 287, 324, 327, 329-350 + Spider-Man (1990) 15, 18-23 + ASM v2 19-21 are in the Spider-Man by Erik Larsen Omnibus HC
    ASM 334-350 + Spirits of the Earth GN are in the ASM Return of the Sinister Six Epic TPB
    ASM 351-360 + Annual 25 + Spec Annual 11 + WOSM Annual 7 + Fear Itself GN is in the ASM Round Robin Epic TPB
    ASM 346-347, 361-363, 373-375, 378-380 + Annual 25-26 + other issues are in the upcoming Spider-Man vs. Venom Omnibus (or already in existing Venom, Carnage, or Maximum Carnage TPBs)
    ASM 393-418 + everything else are in the Complete Clone Saga/Ben Reilly Epic TPBs or the Clone Saga Omnibus HCs

Post-Clone Saga you have

Sensational Spider-Man 7-24, -1 in the Spider-Man by Dezago & Wieringo TPB
    ASM 432-433 + PP:SpM 88-90 + Spec 254-256 + Sensational 25-26 are in the Spider-Hunt TPB
    ASM 434-435 + PP:SpM 91-92 + Spec 257-258 + Sensational 27-28 are in the Identity Crisis TPB
    Spec 259-261 + Hobgoblin Lives 1-3 are in the Spider-Man Hobgoblin Lives TPB Expanded Edition (2011)
    ASM 440-441 + PP:SpM 96-98 + Spec 262-263 + Sensational 32-33 are in the Gathering of Five TPB

From 1998, ASM vol 2 everything has been collected
    Spider-Man Next Chapter TPBs vol 1-3
    Spider-Man Revenge of the Green Goblin TPB
    ASM by JMS Ultimate Collections 1-5
    ASM Brand New Day Complete Collection 1-4
    Smallish TPBs/Premiere HCs of Brand New day era to plug the gap between BND & Big Time complete collections.
    ASM Big Time Complete Collection 1-4
    Superior Spidey collections, ASM Worldwide collections, etc

Uncollected gaps (not including B&W Essential TPBs, or one-off issues in scattered collections)
    ASM 213-223
    ASM 273-288 ... would be in a pending Gang War Epic I suppose
    ASM 364-372, 376-377, 381-392
    ASM 419-431, 436-439

And that's that. So around 61 issues, or so, to have everything from Stan Lee to present day in ASM collected. Crazy to think we are so close!

Spectacular Member

64. X-Men Blue Vol. 0: Reunion TPB - 997
    65. Spider-Man/Deadpool By Joe Kelly & Ed McGuinness OHC - 987
    79. X-Men Gold Vol. 0: Homecoming TPB - 904
    98. Wolverine Epic Collection Vol. 13: Blood Debt - 823
    123. Deadpool Minibus Vol. 0 - 638

I am impressed with the numbers for the X-Men gap filler books. If I understand the figures correctly that are pretty decent figures for these collections, and we will get a lot more HCs and trades during the next months. Also the Wolverine Epic line is doing ok it seems.

Regarding the Deadpool comments: Many people seem to have picked the Kelly OHC (I guess because of the Team Up) over the Zero Minibus. The material in this one is really a mixed bag, two really good mini series and some pretty terrible issues. So I do not see an end to this Omnibus / OHC crazyness, but at some point, every mini series, every early appearance will have been collected. It is quality aside an astonishing developement.

That being said, still waiting for the next Deadpool Omnibus after Secret Wars.

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Not being an omnibus collector any more, I realize I'm not the target market anymore, but remember that Slott's Spidey run (at least after a certain point) has been collected in OHCs in their entirety (after said point in time).

I realize they don't have the "omnibus" banner on their spines, but they're still in oversized goodness, and IMO much easier to read than a 3-OHCs-in-1 omnibus. Just my two cents, but talking about no omnibuses for material that is readily available in Oversized already is pouring salt in the wounds of others whose favorite titles only get TPBs, or at best Premiere HCs and never oversized. Now I realize the original BND stuff and (maybe) early Slott run is not in OHC, but I just wanted to try and put some perspective here. (NOT trying to argue or anything, please don't misunderstand me). Thanks.
    What I really want is the a Big Time by Slott omnibus, that has had two of it's arcs in OHC but most of it has not been collected in an oversized format. An omnibus for the post-secret wars series would be nice (if it includes The Clone Conspiracy mini), because right now there's no way to get ASM#25-28 and The Clone Conspiracy #1-5 in OHC without double dipping on ASM#20-24. I do agree that an omnibus for Superior and the following Amazing title isn't that necessary, I'm quite happy with the OHCs.

All-New Member

With the impending Secret Invasion Omni, would anyone else want a Dark Reign type omni? I read that whole banner when it was coming out and loved it. A cohesive reread would be great I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by biakabo View Post
    With the impending Secret Invasion Omni, would anyone else want a Dark Reign type omni? I read that whole banner when it was coming out and loved it. A cohesive reread would be great I feel.
    It seemed to me (still does) that Secret Invasion, and then Dark Reign that followed, were the only two events that seemed to really have any kind of consequences (Marvel ALWAYS say they do, but they rarely do.) I suppose Civil War did, too, in that you had 'rebel' Avengers teams and all of that for quite a long time after. And Secret Invasion was just this long brewing thing that really felt like it mattered - especially in the Avengers books, where no one trusted each other, etc...

And then Dark Reign, which was a banner but not really an 'event' per se, was just well crafted, IMO, and Normie was awesome as the bad guy posing as the good guy (especially when he really thought he was the good guy).

I'm unsure how they would put an omnibus together of 'Dark Reign' though, I mean there were some one-shots, you could put the entire Dark Avengers in there, various New Avengers issues that dealt with the Dark Avengers, maybe throw in Ellis' Thunderbolts at the beginning to show Norman's "rise", and then end with Siege (i.e. Norman's fall). I just feel like it'd be way too unweildy and way too large. But those of you much smarter than me could probably figure it out - like not include ALL Dark Avengers issues but only those that are driving the main Norman themes forward, etc...
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    It seemed to me (still does) that Secret Invasion, and then Dark Reign that followed, were the only two events that seemed to really have any kind of consequences (Marvel ALWAYS say they do, but they rarely do.) I suppose Civil War did, too, in that you had 'rebel' Avengers teams and all of that for quite a long time after. And Secret Invasion was just this long brewing thing that really felt like it mattered - especially in the Avengers books, where no one trusted each other, etc...

And then Dark Reign, which was a banner but not really an 'event' per se, was just well crafted, IMO, and Normie was awesome as the bad guy posing as the good guy (especially when he really thought he was the good guy).

I'm unsure how they would put an omnibus together of 'Dark Reign' though, I mean there were some one-shots, you could put the entire Dark Avengers in there, various New Avengers issues that dealt with the Dark Avengers, maybe throw in Ellis' Thunderbolts at the beginning to show Norman's "rise", and then end with Siege (i.e. Norman's fall). I just feel like it'd be way too unweildy and way too large. But those of you much smarter than me could probably figure it out - like not include ALL Dark Avengers issues but only those that are driving the main Norman themes forward, etc...
    It could be a Normie centric book. Starting with The List, then Dark Avengers with New Avengers issues that would drop once Normie left the Dark Avengers team, Siege could be in here since it was only 4 issues and that limited amount of content wouldn't really warrant it's own omni. Plus Siege has already been released in an OHC format. Ellis could be omitted to save space, but I would love for it to be in there.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by biakabo View Post
    It could be a Normie centric book. Starting with The List, then Dark Avengers with New Avengers issues that would drop once Normie left the Dark Avengers team, Siege could be in here since it was only 4 issues and that limited amount of content wouldn't really warrant it's own omni. Plus Siege has already been released in an OHC format. Ellis could be omitted to save space, but I would love for it to be in there.
    It'd be lovely if this hypothetical edition included New Ways to Die and American Son from ASM - my only complaint about Dark Reign was how not front and center Peter was for most of the big beats

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    That Avengers vol.3 number is excellent. Please Marvel, when Avengers 4(film) comes out next year give us an Avengers vol.4 as well. The numbers support this. We do not fear high numbers on our spines.
    I had a lot of fun reading that over the last week. I’d buy Volume 4 if they issue one next year.

The latest Avengers Epic Collection is thick as hell