Page 460 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 360410450456457458459460461462463464470510560960 ... LastLast
Results 6,886 to 6,900 of 20754
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    Pretty sure the IF show is slotted for March and we already have the solicits up through May, and it isn't on there. Too bad, it seems like a no-brainer.

I've been wondering if the reason we're getting Brubaker rather than Bendis now is that the show will use story material from Brubaker. If that's the case, I don't see the show using Bendis material for a while yet.
    Marvel missed the boat on omni's for Daredevil season one as well. As many trends as we tend to pick up on, Marvel never fails to surprise with what they ultimately decide to do (or not do).

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by TheManInBlack View Post
    Because there's SO much fantastic SS material that has NEVER been collected, which is a real shame...
    This is my issue with it, too. They could have almost REACHED the IG omnibus (and covered uncollected issues) if they simply put out the next consecutive Epic instead of re-covering already collected work.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    This is my issue with it, too. They could have almost REACHED the IG omnibus (and covered uncollected issues) if they simply put out the next consecutive Epic instead of re-covering already collected work.
    Yeah, I was really looking forward to having the best SS run (Englehart) completed... oh well, just gonna have to wait a little bit longer.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Pretty sure the IF show is slotted for March and we already have the solicits up through May, and it isn't on there. Too bad, it seems like a no-brainer.

I've been wondering if the reason we're getting Brubaker rather than Bendis now is that the show will use story material from Brubaker. If that's the case, I don't see the show using Bendis material for a while yet.
    Yes, you're right. If, however, Iron Fist goes to a second season, we may just get that IIF Omni reprint and more IF goodies. Although, saying that, we are getting the 2 DHOKF Omnis.

You never know with the Bendis DD Omnis reprints. I'm currently reading (very steadily) thru Daredevil Vol. 2 (still early Bendis) and Luke Cage and Jessica Jones have been popping up from time to time. There's also a pretty cool team-up where Matt calls up his mates Luke, Danny and Petey to help him out. These are predominantly all characters from the various Netflix series. Here's hoping.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Aside from Alias, Marvel have followed the pattern of waiting a series before releasing anything omni wise. If IF gets a S2, then we might see the reprint, although personally I'd prefer a Classic IF omni by Claremont and Byrne. It's also entirely possible, that due to scheduling these series and Netflix and Marvel wanting to push other characters, that Cage and Fist could get a series 2 where they get put together and the omni could be PM&IF related instead. Or we could get all of it, or none of it. Marvel's collections team simply aren't predicable enough.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    This annoyed me so much. It's my biggest issue with the Epic range. Not releasing them in any semblance of order works for 50+ year runs, but on the smaller runs, it's just really annoying.
    Last edited by legion_quest; 10-27-2016 at 03:01 AM.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Spectacular Member

Hey guys, does anyone know what happened to the Captain Britain Tpb which was announced and also discussed here earlier this year? As the Omnibus is still way to pricey for me I hoped I could go with the trade for the while being.

I also wanted to add some thoughts about the Apocalpyse Wars OHC that I bought this month. I can see the critizism that many members had towards the fractured storyline and it being no crossover at all.
    The Young X-Men part was really really bad (I think the whole series is just barely readable and ranks dead last in my taste looking at the Young X-Men books of the last years). That being said I am a sucker for the Magneto Team and really enjoyed this part of the Apocalpyse Wars (Holocaust, Monet getting some spotlight, etc.). In my opinion this is by far the best X team title (I also enjoy Old Man Logan and All New Wolverine a lot).
    The Extraordinary part of the book ... well it felt very classic X-Men to me (Limbo, time travel) while also featuring some very neglected characters of the New X-Men and Young X-Men books (it also helps that I just bought almost the complete runs of these books and was impressed with the runs). Not a bad but also not an enjoyable read. Maybe the next storylines will build up on the events of this arc.

Looking at the X-line I really hope that the new X titles plus the end of the next big X event will bring some change to the line which really feels fractured and often out of sync to me.
    Last edited by poolovision; 10-27-2016 at 06:55 AM.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

The X-Line desperately needs an overhaul. New writers, new artists, new teams. Just dump everything and start over.
    Cyclops was right

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    The X-Line desperately needs an overhaul. New writers, new artists, new teams. Just dump everything and start over.
    Agreed, mostly.

Cullen Bunn's Uncanny has been pretty damn good, IMO, and is the only book that doesn't deserve to be burned to the ground. Whatever is in store for the next revamp, I hope they keep Bunn and some semblance of his team around...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yes, you're right. If, however, Iron Fist goes to a second season, we may just get that IIF Omni reprint and more IF goodies. Although, saying that, we are getting the 2 DHOKF Omnis.

You never know with the Bendis DD Omnis reprints. I'm currently reading (very steadily) thru Daredevil Vol. 2 (still early Bendis) and Luke Cage and Jessica Jones have been popping up from time to time. There's also a pretty cool team-up where Matt calls up his mates Luke, Danny and Petey to help him out. These are predominantly all characters from the various Netflix series. Here's hoping.
    I just finished a re-read of the Bendis Daredevil a few weeks ago, re-reading Brubaker now. It's such a great run. The only problem I have with it now is that the entire time I was reading it, I couldn't help but constantly think to myself "whatever the hell happened to the guy that wrote this book?" Seriously, if I read it and didn't know it was Bendis, I would never guess it was him.

After all the whoohaa on Twitter I ordered the Mockingbird Vol 1 trade. I don't often buy trades especially Marvel ones but wanted to support Chelsea Cain and female creators generally.

Yeah, i might do the same. Heard good things about the series generally and the more female creators in the industry the better, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    They need to get good writers and let them do they're work for more than 10 issues!
    Of course even when that happened we had stuff like Xorn (Grant Morrison run) that made no sense (at least in my head...) but still it had great moments I think! I enjoyed the Joss Whedon / John Cassaday run...

The more recent stuff i really liked was X-Men: Legacy by Mike Carey, New Mutants by Zeb Wells & Andy Lanning and of course: Peter David's X-factor.

I think the X-titles need a good writer with time enough (aka number of issues) to tell a story and build interesting characters (not to say clean the mess since "schism" where Wolverine motivations for indignation against Scott were let's say "at least out of character" and its was more or less downhill from there).

But Peter was writing/working characters on the all new x-factor run and the sales were not good.. so..
    I thought he was going somewhere and was really curious about that king of writing but I think most readers need an easier "hook" (action, known characters.. I don't know..) and the character building do be done more subtly on the sidelines.

Spectacular Member

Thank you for your impressions about the current state of the X line. I was originally looking forward to a massive cut back in terms of the number of titles published which belong to the X family (I could barely keep up with all the books arriving even in trade form). I was hoping for a more condensed storyline: bring back the feeling of the Blue and Gold team, one young X-Men title and naturally one or two Wolverine books.

But as I stated earlier in the discussion two of the three runs turned out to be not good or even bad and the idea of having a bigger storyline well ... it did not happen. What I really do not get here is, why did it not happen? I think the idea of another desease killing mutants (Legacy, depowered mutants comes to mind) is literally yelling: we need to close our ranks and fight together for survival. As I do not read any Inhuman book I do not even know what Beast is up to, I do not even really know what happened to Cyclops and I read in CBR that one of my all time favourites died in the first issue of Death of X. And it is not adressed at all in neither of the three flagships titles? Seriously? Does anybody think it was a great storytelling technique in giving the reader next to no information what happened during and after Secret Wars for months to come?

For my part I cannot even point out which X-Men versions survived Secret Wars and I cannot tell if all the events there are still present to them?

That all being said:
    X-Factor was ... amazing. Maybe the best really long run I have ever read. Theresa is probably my number 1 X character of all time ( I will get her in her Deadpool/Cable time outfit tattoed in January) and I could go on for pages to come what is so incredibly great about David's work but I will leave it at this: if you have not yet read it and are into the X family: do it.

Since we're talking X-Men, I was going down the rabbit hole, looking at omnibus books on Ebay and saw Wolverine/X-Men going for a pretty penny. So I check out CGN and was like WTF????

I remember awhile back predicting that, that book would be in the blow out sale bargain bin within a year. I think it just slowly sold out and it's eventually going to be someone's whale. Not mine (I didn't have a desire to get it) but someone's.

I got a few full inbox notifications which I assume may be about updating the OP. This weekend I hope to grab a coffee, sit down and do some updating. I have also cleared my inbox. Sorry guys.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.