Page 896 of 988 FirstFirst ... 396796846886892893894895896897898899900906946 ... LastLast
Results 13,426 to 13,440 of 14812
  1. #13426
    Mighty Member Peter Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2nd line g View Post
    I just ordered Mutant Massacre Omni. Never read it before. Figured I better get it while I can. Any thoughts, is it good?
    It is probably near the start of the decline of the Claremont run. Nowhere near its peak but still good stuff.

  2. #13427
    Spectacular Member 2nd line g's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    It is probably near the start of the decline of the Claremont run. Nowhere near its peak but still good stuff.
    Thanks for the info. Good to know. I’m very slowly building my Xmen collection thru in print omni’s and Epics. I doubt these events will make it to the epic line so I did a blind buy.

  3. #13428
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guthwulf View Post
    Do we know what is included in that? I would love to have a collection with all the Marvel babies by Young.
    The write-up for rhe solicitation is below. It doesn't exactly specify if there are any of the mini-series/runs included.

    THE MARVEL ART OF SKOTTIE YOUNG HC
    Written by JESS HARROLD
    Penciled by SKOTTIE YOUNG
    Cover by SKOTTIE YOUNG
    Celebrate the unmistakable artwork of Skottie Young in a colorful collection of comic pages, covers and cartoons! The distinctively stylized illustrator first caught fans’ eyes with his flaming-hot take on the Human Torch, and he’s wowed readers across the years since on Marvel books including VENOM, SPIDER-MAN: LEGEND OF THE SPIDER-CLAN, NEW WARRIORS and NEW X-MEN! Young steered the Guardians of the Galaxy’s fan-favorite Rocket Raccoon into solo adventures, and his variant covers are a collector’s-item sensation! In addition to his art, Young has written ROCKET RACCOON AND GROOT, MAGNETO: NOT A HERO and DEADPOOL! This volume is the ultimate retrospective of the Marvel Universe according to Skottie — ideal for Young and old!
    224 PGS./Rated T …$50.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-91765-4
    Trim size: oversized

  4. #13429
    Astonishing Member whiteshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,637

    Default

    The Hulk stories by Loeb and Ed McGuiness collected in Omnibus is interesting.Having read a few of those stories i think this all collected in the Omnibus format is cool.

  5. #13430
    Mighty Member Peter Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2nd line g View Post
    Thanks for the info. Good to know. I’m very slowly building my Xmen collection thru in print omni’s and Epics. I doubt these events will make it to the epic line so I did a blind buy.
    I think they will make Epics eventually in their own series.

  6. #13431
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    1,549

    Default

    Couple questions for those in the know...

    Does Aaron's run on Hulk follow Loebs? And is the Zeb Wells/Joe Mad Spider-man & Wolverine oversized?

  7. #13432
    Fantastic Member ShooCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    And is the Zeb Wells/Joe Mad Spider-man & Wolverine oversized?
    Yup, it's oversized indeed.

  8. #13433
    Fantastic Member slop101's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Super excited for the Slott/Allred Silver Surfer Omni this week!

    One of my most anticipated Omnis I think ever, as I've only read a couple issues here and there, and have just been waiting on the inevitable Omni to read it all.

  9. #13434
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    1,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    Yup, it's oversized indeed.
    Appreciate it

  10. #13435
    Mighty Member My Two Cents's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    1,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Super excited for the Slott/Allred Silver Surfer Omni this week!

    One of my most anticipated Omnis I think ever, as I've only read a couple issues here and there, and have just been waiting on the inevitable Omni to read it all.
    I plan on ordering this book.
    I am not a fan of how Marvel puts out on goings since Disney took over,
    but in a collected or omnibus format it works out nice for me.
    Looking forward to reading two runs on the same book with the same
    creative team

  11. #13436
    Out Fighting for Peace! AJpyro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    It is probably near the start of the decline of the Claremont run. Nowhere near its peak but still good stuff.
    Is there any word on more epic collections following the claremont era?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

    -God I am so tired.

    SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

  12. #13437
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    The write-up for rhe solicitation is below. It doesn't exactly specify if there are any of the mini-series/runs included.

    THE MARVEL ART OF SKOTTIE YOUNG HC
    Written by JESS HARROLD
    Penciled by SKOTTIE YOUNG
    Cover by SKOTTIE YOUNG
    Celebrate the unmistakable artwork of Skottie Young in a colorful collection of comic pages, covers and cartoons! The distinctively stylized illustrator first caught fans’ eyes with his flaming-hot take on the Human Torch, and he’s wowed readers across the years since on Marvel books including VENOM, SPIDER-MAN: LEGEND OF THE SPIDER-CLAN, NEW WARRIORS and NEW X-MEN! Young steered the Guardians of the Galaxy’s fan-favorite Rocket Raccoon into solo adventures, and his variant covers are a collector’s-item sensation! In addition to his art, Young has written ROCKET RACCOON AND GROOT, MAGNETO: NOT A HERO and DEADPOOL! This volume is the ultimate retrospective of the Marvel Universe according to Skottie — ideal for Young and old!
    224 PGS./Rated T …$50.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-91765-4
    Trim size: oversized
    Thank you, I hope we get more detailed information at some point.

    By the way, this appeared at amazon.com
    510Mc-4uQ0L._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    Thanos by Donny Cates
    COLLECTING: THANOS (2016) 13-18, ANNUAL; COSMIC GHOST RIDER 1-5, THANOS LEGACY 1

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/13...KIKX0DER&psc=1

  13. #13438
    Spectacular Member Sandbagger77's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post

    Does Aaron's run on Hulk follow Loebs?
    Not directly - Greg Pak wrote Incredible Hulk/Hulks for a couple of years (#601-635) before it was cancelled in 2011 and relaunched for Aaron's run. At the same time Jeff Parker took over (Red) Hulk (#25-57) which later became Red She-Hulk (#58-67) and was cancelled in 2013 during Mark Waid's run.

  14. #13439
    Mighty Member Peter Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Is there any word on more epic collections following the claremont era?
    No but it is the Collections Department, so its mostly voodoo trying to guess. They released some Epics that go into the 90s. And it is an X-book so.... I would think it is a safe bet. But again, Collections Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż .

  15. #13440
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    461

    Default

    Silver Surfer : Parable worth a read? Obviously art is crazy and upcoming oversize collection is very tempting but whats the actual story like?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •