Page 1028 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 285289289781018102410251026102710281029103010311032103810781128 ... LastLast
Results 15,406 to 15,420 of 20769
    Amazing Member

Thank you Xanar for that info.

Any idea why they shifted away from R.R. Donnelly? Is it related to the virus outbreak?

If that Uncanny X-Force omni is the kind of quality one should expect from Leo Printing, I'll probably staying away from anything they do.

As for the ones from Malaysia, I don't mind a flat spine if the book still opens fully, with the Wolverine we have two different accounts, two opposite views, on how well it opens. I'll probably still get that one just because I missed it the first time and really want it, but I'm going to be weary of the flat spines too if they suffers gutter loss.
    Last edited by Taiyaki; 03-15-2020 at 12:01 PM. Reason: typo and missing word

Amazing Member

In past Marvel made some books in Leo but not so many as now. In think the books form Malaysia will better than Leo because the spine is more flexible so it lifts up with pages and that is biggest problem with this books.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phd. Strange View Post
    my Uncanny X-force Omnibus came in the mail yesterday, it is the one with a ribbon, not the square spine... yet the gutter loss is -terrible-. The worst of any omnibus I have bought by far. Thinking about returning it to instocktrades as defective. Very disappointing that so called Omnibus “experts” like Gem Mint and Near Mint both reviewed this Omnibus and yet failed to inform their viewers of the (very obvious) shortcomings inherent in its construction.

The ribbon isn’t a true ribbon at all as the pages aren’t sewn into it but merely like glued on top of it or something.
    I have the exact same issue with the two Deadpool by Daniel Way volumes, which - surprise surprise - are also printed by Leo. I posted pics of it recently over at the Marvel Masterworks Forum (hopefully it is ok to link to - it is located here).

What you said about Leo's omnis is right on the money. The overall construction is shoddy, the glue they have used seems cheap and nasty. The signatures have come straight out of it. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

Spectacular Member

I've got a cheap shelf. Is there a way I can keep some of the racks from sagging?

Last edited by JoeGuy; 08-24-2020 at 07:48 PM.

Amazing Member

The same problem was with MILES MORALES ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN OMNIBUS, Deadpool & Co. Omnibus, Zomnibus and all were made in R.R. Donnelley.
    Last edited by xanar; 03-16-2020 at 07:24 AM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

One person from the Masterworks Forum posted this:

My Miles Morales omni has a seriously misaligned dust jacket, but not like it was offset when applied, more like it’s designed for a bigger book so HAS to spillover past the spine.

This is exactly the same situation with my copy. It also has some gutter loss but is readable but that doesn't mean I'm a 100 % happy with it. I haven't opened my DD Bendis Vol. 1 yet.

Amazing Member

I check my Miles Morales omni and I have the same situation.
    I manage to upgrade this books from Leo with my "professional tools" and glue and have less gutter loss.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan P91 View Post
    I have the exact same issue with the two Deadpool by Daniel Way volumes, which - surprise surprise - are also printed by Leo. I posted pics of it recently over at the Marvel Masterworks Forum (hopefully it is ok to link to - it is located here).

What you said about Leo's omnis is right on the money. The overall construction is shoddy, the glue they have used seems cheap and nasty. The signatures have come straight out of it. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanar View Post
    The same problem was with MILES MORALES ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN OMNIBUS, Deadpool & Co. Omnibus, Zomnibus and all were made in R.R. Donnelley.

My Captain America by Waid Omni did this as well. Which is also a Donnely book.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

I plan on picking up the Wolverine and Silver Surfer Omnis when released too.But this hope for the best,expect the worst talk is disappointing.
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob fett View Post
    I plan on picking up the Wolverine and Silver Surfer Omnis when released too.But this hope for the best,expect the worst talk is disappointing.
    That's right next month we get Silver Surfer, and also She-Hulk by Byrne. I hope they sorted this out and that we get a good printing for both.

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

I thought the JMS Amazing Spider-Man 2 came out today?

All-New Member

I thought so too, but I checked over on Cheapgraphicnovels and their site says the 31st of this month, so, maybe that is correct?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    I thought the JMS Amazing Spider-Man 2 came out today?
    Looks like its been pushed to next week. I was waiting on this and Baltimore. Now they're both slated for next Tuesday.

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Thanks for the responses guys. Thought I missed it