Page 1031 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 315319319811021102710281029103010311032103310341035104110811131 ... LastLast
Results 15,451 to 15,465 of 20730

No, you are right, in that I (personally) do not know if physical sales are going down. I should clarify that - that's just an assumption/guess on my part. I'm more just thinking if these companies are losing money right now, the easiest way to recoup that is by either (A) selling more products of (B) cutting costs on future products. This COULD mean limiting the # of expensive books they put out (unless the margin is high enough that it still makes fiscal sense) or at least pushing more digital, as the product itself (the art, writing, lettering, coloring, editing) are already done, you pay your small commission to the digital distributor, and save all the print costs, distribution costs, etc... Again, this is pure speculation on my part, and hopefully it doesn't come to this at all. Especially for Marvel, they have the juggernaut Disney backing them. Can you imagine if this happened to Marvel 15 years ago? Probably DOA. So while not everyone is a fan of Disney, in this case, they're a savior to keeping Marvel afloat, I would think.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Mighty Member

Just want to toss this out there - w/whatever Diamond chooses to do, your local shop will be hurting. If you have the capacity, buy a few tpbs/hcs/omnis at list price to help them out. I understand everyone has different financial situations, so I'm obviously not trying to guilt people into spending money they don't have, but if you have some slack and are trying to help your community out, this is one way to do it.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Default Marvel Collected Editions Sales - February 2020

The complete estimated comic book sales figures for February 2020 are in (please note this list only details those comics sold to North American Comics Shops as reported by Diamond). I’ve listed below the Marvel OHC/Omnibus/MMW’s as well as the larger TPB collections such as the Epic and Complete lines that made the list, detailing the position, title and estimated sales. I haven’t included any reentries.

50. The Amazing Spider-Man Epic Collection Vol. 5: The Secret of the Petrified Tablet - 1,447
    70. Spider-Man: Miles Morales Omnibus - 1,171
    71. X-Men Vs. Apocalypse: The Twelve Omnibus - 1,169
    76. Marvel Masterworks: Uncanny X-Men Vol. 12 HC - 1,095
    78. Black Widow Epic Collection Vol. 1: Beware Black Widow - 1,089
    80. Daredevil by Bendis & Maleev Omnibus Vol. 2 (2nd Printing) - 1,084
    94. The Punisher Epic Collection Vol. 5: Jigsaw Puzzle - 937
    96. Excalibur Epic Collection Vol. 4: Curiouser and Curiouser - 925
    97. Marvel Masters of Suspense Lee & Ditko Omnibus Vol. 2 - 915
    98. Ultimates by Mark Millar & Bryan Hitch Omnibus (2nd Printing) - 911
    134. Star Wars: Age of Republic OHC - 703
    136. Blade by Marc Guggenheim: The Complete Collection - 699
    149 Ghost Rider: The War For Heaven Book 2 TPB - 632
    176. Uncanny X-Men by Kieron Gillen: The Complete Collection Vol. 2 - 527
    179. X-Men Milestones: Operation Zero Tolerance TPB - 521
    199. Marvel Portfolio: Joe Quesada OHC - 473
    361. Black Panther: Visions of Wakanda OHC - 238

Astonishing Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riX5YqhcZlI

Uncanny Omar with the X-men Omnibus vol 4 details

Uncanny x-men 176 to 193 uncanny x-men annual 8 kitty pryde and wolverine 1 - 6 x-men and alpha flight 1 -2 and a storm story in marvel fanfare 40
    Last edited by Rzerox21xx; 03-24-2020 at 01:24 PM.

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Ok so with this news... JMS Amazing Spider-man Vol. 2 did not go on sale today?

Or will it be on sale April 1 (which would be 2 weeks behind Amazon)?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post

I think we can assume that it’s going to be delayed at this point. I would be surprised to see it on IST next Tuesday. There was a guy complaining about his power pack omni not being fulfilled by IST. If that can’t be fulfilled, no chance of these omnis coming out as originally scheduled.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post

The release date has always been Apr 1. With Diamond having announced no further shipments of books with an on sale date of 4/1 and beyond until further notice the Amazon question is now the biggest one. Since they are not a DM vendor and do not get their books from Diamond will their release date be affected, or will they be able to hold the 4/14 release?
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Interested to see if they re-solicit books or if they will just do a mass release of books when they reopen. Was looking forward to Wolverine and Silver Surfer reprints.

It sucks for those who were waiting and ready to buy the upcoming books, though the moratorium is completely understandable. As someone who all but lost my job for the time being, I wouldn't be ordering anything right now anyway. I'd presume there's others in the same predicament, so who knows how sales would be anyway.

But if the situation improves over the year and the economy is able to recover, I'll certainly be looking forward to catching up again. At least for Marvel, all those X-Men and related omnis could see huge sales later in the year. I personally have 6 X-omnis alone on my future wishlist.

Like others here, I'm more concerned how the smaller publishers and even DC will fare this event. Either way, best wishes for everyone here - I appreciate this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Interested to see if they re-solicit books or if they will just do a mass release of books when they reopen. Was looking forward to Wolverine and Silver Surfer reprints.
    this is true. Between the possible economic woes of individuals and the country as a whole, I wonder if they would just drop all these books (that are ready at that time) on the market at the same time?
    With people's budgets massively stretched, plus dropping let's say 15 'new' omnibuses at the same time, you'd not get as much pull through as if you stretched them out. BUT, these online and local stores would want as much new product as possible to get butts in stores/ eyes on websites, so I can see it both ways.

I would hope they just take the entire release schedule and shift it ~2 months (or whatever) down the road. As printers are closed now, books that would come out in the next 1-2 months might still need to be printed, so who knows.

My gut tells me if everything resets in JUN (let's HOPE!!) that any books ready would be dropped on the market at the same time, and then everything else will just shift. So for example the books coming out in NOV may now not come out until JAN or something due to backup at printers. it'll be interesting to see what happens, I suppose. The logistics nerd in me is peeking its head out... ;-)
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate

Amazing Member

The stimulus is going to give a lot of people extra income. If they don't need it for essentials then supporting American businesses would be a good use for it, and hopefully many of us use it to support the comicbook industry and the retail shops.

All-New Member

I'm curious to know if Amazon will still be getting books otherwise I might need to pick up some things I missed from previous releases

Quote Originally Posted by coreycwheat View Post
    I'm curious to know if Amazon will still be getting books otherwise I might need to pick up some things I missed from previous releases
    I preordered all the omnibus I want in April and May through them for a back up. Hopefully things get up in running and I can give my money to my LCS/IST

BANNED

Finally ordered Runaways Omnibus. I hope it will make it to me in this crisis time.

Quote Originally Posted by coreycwheat View Post
    this is the great unknown. Although don't they NOT go through Diamond but somewhere else? So it's possible I suppose that they'll still get their share of Wolverine, Black Widow, JMS Spidey, etc...
    I guess we'll find out in a few weeks.