Page 909 of 1383 FirstFirst ... 4098098598999059069079089099109119129139199591009 ... LastLast
Results 13,621 to 13,635 of 20732

Thanks for posting those stats, Raffi. Interesting to see what numbers the big books sell.

Looks like that DM cover of the Conan Omni is still unavailable, guess I'll begrudgingly have to get the regular cover...

Like, even if they have to do a different cover for the mass-market edition, why not use other artwork from Windsor-Smith for that as well? You know, the guy who most people are buying this for?

Im back! With more questions. There are many lists out there that have reading orders or recommended reading for Marvel Cosmos, such as Annihilation, War of Kings ect. However im not seeing a whole lot about modern comics.

Donnie Cates is a name I see floating around. I know he did Dr.Strange, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, and GotG. But does that connect with Durgans Gotg? What about Infinity Wars? How much can I actually skip and how much should I actually invest in?

Bonus points if anyone can tell me more (quality wise) about Immortal Hulk. Thanks everyone!

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

I see from the April Solicitations that there will be yet another new printing of Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus vol.1. How many new printings is that now of this particular Omnibus? Along with Fantastic Four vol.1 and Uncanny X-Men vol.1, it’s seemingly getting new printings every couple of years. Are they really that popular that they sell out that quickly that they need constant new printings?

Personally it pretty frustrating to see them get new printings all the time when some of the Omnibuses that I missed out on the first time they were printed like the Incredible Hulk vol.1, the Silver Surfer and the Ultimates never seem to get a new printing even though their first and only printing was over 10 years or more ago.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Other than "Marvels", these collections are mainly "greatest hits" or highlights of the respective titles. They are massive, significantly larger than DC's Absolute series.
    Thanks. Was thinking it’d be cool to get the X-men and Avengers oversized, but I think I already have most the X-issues, I should complete some of my other collections first and that size is more than likely to take a little damage by the time it gets to me.

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Looks like that DM cover of the Conan Omni is still unavailable, guess I'll begrudgingly have to get the regular cover...

Like, even if they have to do a different cover for the mass-market edition, why not use other artwork from Windsor-Smith for that as well? You know, the guy who most people are buying this for?
    Yeah I was hoping IST would get some more today too. Eh, I'll keep holding out, though I watched a video of someone thumbing through it and it looks pretty great inside.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by koonfasa View Post
    Thanks. Was thinking it’d be cool to get the X-men and Avengers oversized, but I think I already have most the X-issues, I should complete some of my other collections first and that size is more than likely to take a little damage by the time it gets to me.
    These do typically ship in their own protective box, similar to absolutes. Guess that would ultimately be up to who you purchase from though.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    Yeah I was hoping IST would get some more today too. Eh, I'll keep holding out, though I watched a video of someone thumbing through it and it looks pretty great inside.
    The cover won’t stop me from buying an Omni I want, but I usually like the DM ones best. It’s what is inside that really counts in the end.

On the bright side, Marvel usually issues reprints of their Omnis with DM cover that was on the first printing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    I see from the April Solicitations that there will be yet another new printing of Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus vol.1. How many new printings is that now of this particular Omnibus? Along with Fantastic Four vol.1 and Uncanny X-Men vol.1, it’s seemingly getting new printings every couple of years. Are they really that popular that they sell out that quickly that they need constant new printings?

Personally it pretty frustrating to see them get new printings all the time when some of the Omnibuses that I missed out on the first time they were printed like the Incredible Hulk vol.1, the Silver Surfer and the Ultimates never seem to get a new printing even though their first and only printing was over 10 years or more ago.
    While I'm really happy to see the ASM V.1 reprint I agree that not reprinting Hulk, Silver Surfer, etc... doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. I'd think they'd sell quickly enough to justify at least one reprint.

Incredible Member

Just arrived!!! Can't wait to dive in.
    image.jpg
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

Thor by Aaron coming out as complete collections, looks like we wont be getting an omnibus for a while

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post

This will be the 5th printing of Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1 Omnibus. Yes, they are popular, the ASM Vol. 1 Omnibus is an evergreen and is presently out of stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    While I'm really happy to see the ASM V.1 reprint I agree that not reprinting Hulk, Silver Surfer, etc... doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. I'd think they'd sell quickly enough to justify at least one reprint.
    I reckon the Silver Surfer Omnibus would sell like hotcakes. The Incredible Hulk Omnibus would probably do pretty well but please note that the first printing took quite a few years to go OOP. If we ever see another solo Hulk movie or some kind of Hulk anniversary, we might just get that reprint.

I do agree that reprints of long OOP Omnibuses are needed (here's looking at you Bendis's Daredevil and Brubaker's Immortal Iron Fist) instead of reprints of Golden Age Marvel Comics Vol. 1 Omnibus (and at $150) or FF by Byrne Vol.1 Omnibus - both which took forever to go OOP.

GOLDEN AGE MARVEL COMICS OMNIBUS VOL. 1 (NEW PRINTING)
    Written by JOHN COMPTON, RAY GILL, STOCKBRIDGE WINSLOW & MORE
    Penciled by CARL BURGOS, BILL EVERETT, PAUL GUSTAVSON, BEN THOMPSON, STEVE DAHLMAN, BOB OKSNER, AL ANDERS, IRWIN HASEN, PAUL LAURETTA & MORE
    Cover by FRANK R. PAUL
    In August 1939, a new voice hit newsstands and changed the comic book world forever: MARVEL COMICS #1 had arrived! This 64-page pulp package wasn’t your typical assortment of straightlaced do-gooders. The amazing android Human Torch was a blazing force of nature that shocked and unsettled mankind! Namor, the Sub-Mariner, ventured from his undersea kingdom into the world of man — set on vengeance! These Golden Age greats would form the foundation for the style of conflicted hero that defines Marvel to this day — and they’re flanked by an eclectic assortment of allies including the heroic Angel, robotic Electro, hard-edged Ferret, boy-adventurer Terry Vance, cowboy-hero Masked Raider, and jungle lord Ka-Zar! Topped off with extensive bonus features, this collection forms a cornerstone of Marvel history — essential for every fan, collector and historian! Collecting MARVEL COMICS #1 and MARVEL MYSTERY COMICS #2-12.
    848 PGS./All Ages …$150.00

MARVEL MASTERS OF SUSPENSE: STAN LEE & STEVE DITKO OMNIBUS VOL. 1
    Written by STAN LEE
    Penciled by STEVE DITKO
    Cover by STEVE DITKO
    Before Stan Lee and Steve Ditko revolutionized comics heroes with Spider-Man and Doctor Strange, they applied their incomparable storytelling to taut suspense thrillers! Chilling stories cast with nervous-eyed dreamers and sweaty-palmed schemers, none of whom make it out without getting theirs. These parables of wrenching psychological tension, crafted by two of comics’ most creative minds, will leave you curled up and screaming for more! Marvel is honored to collect Lee and Ditko’s complete Silver Age stories of suspense in two beautifully restored Omnibus volumes — from Ditko’s very first Marvel work in 1956 to his last five-page masterpiece! Collecting material from JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY (1952) #33, #38 and #50-73; STRANGE TALES (1951) #46, #50 and #67-91; TALES TO ASTONISH (1959) #1-26; TALES OF SUSPENSE (1959) #1-15 and #17-24; STRANGE WORLDS #1-5; WORLD OF FANTASY #16-19; AMAZING ADVENTURES (1961) #1-6; JOURNEY INTO UNKNOWN WORLDS #45 and #51; MYSTERY TALES #40, #45 and #47; TWO-GUN WESTERN (1956) #4; WORLD OF SUSPENSE #2; MARVEL TALES (1949) #147; SPELLBOUND (1952) #29; STRANGE TALES OF THE UNUSUAL #5; ASTONISHING #53; WORLD OF MYSTERY #3 and #6; BATTLE #63; and GUNSMOKE WESTERN #66.
    688 PGS./All Ages …$100.00

KIRBY RETURNS! KING-SIZE HC
    Written by JACK KIRBY Penciled by JACK KIRBY Cover by JACK KIRBY ON SALE AUGUST 2019
    Jack is back! Thrill to all-time classics from Kirby’s 1970s return to Marvel — presented larger than life in true “King” size! With Kirby as both writer and artist, these stories are a live wire hooked directly into the imagination of comics’ most powerful creative dynamo. Captain America battles the Red Skull and the bizarre Arnim Zola — who has reanimated Hitler’s brain in the body of an unstoppable android! The Black Panther faces a generation-spanning Wakandan saga for the ages! Machine Man, a weapon of war with a human soul, explores the world of man — but can he find acceptance before the army hunts him down? And Devil Dinosaur and Moon Boy fight savage battles against alien invaders to protect early humans from annihilation! Collecting CAPTAIN AMERICA (1968) #208-212, BLACK PANTHER (1977) #1-3, MACHINE MAN (1978) #1-6 and DEVIL DINOSAUR #4-7.
    328 PGS./All Ages …$100.00
    Trim size: 13-41/64 x 21-1/4