Page 432 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 332382422428429430431432433434435436442482532932 ... LastLast
Results 6,466 to 6,480 of 20773
    Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Anybody getting the Black Panther Epic Collection? Grant Morrison has said good things about that run.

Spectacular Member

I've just received an order of paperbacks from Book Depository, a mix of Marvel, DC and IDW. It's been a long time since I'd ordered a TPB from outside of the "big 2" and the first thing I noticed was how much thicker and higher quality the IDW book felt, the Marvel ones in particularly are really flimsy in comparison.

I just got Vol 1 of Spider-Man/Deadpool and noticed it has issues 1-5 and 8, and on looking up Vol 2 it will supposedly collect 9-10, 13-16. It seems like they only want to collect the Joe Kelly stories (all of the skipped issues are by other writers), but anyway, my question is: are these issues solicited to show up in any other collection? If I had to guess I'd say they were saving them for a Deadpool: Flashbacks style of TPB without double dipping, if they have nothing to do with Kelly's main storyline?
    Last edited by Ivan P91; 09-28-2016 at 08:48 PM.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    Anybody getting the Black Panther Epic Collection? Grant Morrison has said good things about that run.
    I'm definitely going to pick it up. Love me some Panther.
    Cyclops was right

Default Rise of Cost in Marvel Omnis

I got with Dick Drayson at Comic Binding Pro for dust jacket reprints for 2013 Frank Miller Daredevil Omnibus and the following companion.

We all know Marvel's paperweight has decreased as their costs have increased. The reproduction of the DJ is from an original printing's scan.

Dig this - the content has remained the same in these publications, but the paperweigh has decreased.

Miller Omnibus
    2007 - 99.99
    2013 (when I bought mine) 99.99
    2015 - 125.00

Omnibus Companion
    2007 - 59.99
    2014 - (when I bought mine) 99.99

FullSizeRender.jpg
    I love comics and make art. Check it out: https://www.facebook.com/pages/ARose...9658123?ref=hl

Quote Originally Posted by arosenbarger View Post
    I got with Dick Drayson at Comic Binding Pro for dust jacket reprints for 2013 Frank Miller Daredevil Omnibus and the following companion.
    You had new dustjackets printed? How much did this cost? Details? Links? I have a couple damaged dustjackets, or books missing them....

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    You had new dustjackets printed? How much did this cost? Details? Links? I have a couple damaged dustjackets, or books missing them....
    PM DICK GRAYSON on here or visit his site -

http://comicbindingpro.com/

His prices are reasonable.
    I love comics and make art. Check it out: https://www.facebook.com/pages/ARose...9658123?ref=hl

Spectacular Member

We all know Marvel's paperweight has decreased as their costs have increased. The reproduction of the DJ is from an original printing's scan.

Dig this - the content has remained the same in these publications, but the paperweigh has decreased.
    How did you deal with the spine width changing due to the lower paper weight? Was the spine portion of the DJ scan scaled down to match the reprint's narrower dimensions? They look gorgeous - thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Near Mint View Post
    How did you deal with the spine width changing due to the lower paper weight? Was the spine portion of the DJ scan scaled down to match the reprint's narrower dimensions? They look gorgeous - thanks for sharing!
    Its not 1:1, Dick Grayson took care of the re-scaling.
    Last edited by arosenbarger; 09-29-2016 at 06:55 AM. Reason: added more

Quote Originally Posted by Near Mint View Post
    Yep, once I had the scans I tweaked to fit the thinner spine width of the reprints. The Marvel Omnibus at the top I made sure still lines up, and I shrunk the title and image at the bottom just a hair to fit. Did the same for Elektra variant as well.

Thanks for the praise and the plug ARosenbarger!

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    This has pricing and whatnot: http://comicbindingpro.com/dustjackets

I've teamed with Houchen Bindery on this. We can do straight up replacements, or if you want a newly commissioned dust jacket, or just to tweak an existing one (for example, we've done quite a few X-Men dust jackets where people have had us replace the plain vertical "Marvel" logo with the horizontal "Marvel Omnibus" logo on the spine), we can do that as well. The main thing we need, if it isn't one we've already done or one I happen to own, are scans of the dust jacket. In the cases where someone is replacing a damaged one, depending on the damage, I can typically clean it up digitally.

Feel free to PM or email me at comicbindingpro@gmail.com too.

PM DICK GRAYSON on here or visit his site -

http://comicbindingpro.com/

His prices are reasonable.

Its a really cool idea, but for me at the moment, the pricing just isn't worth it.

I'll definitely keep it in mind for down the road, though.

So Avengers by Hickman vol 1 went OOP, available with only $70-150 prices. I guess I'm pinning my hopes on an omnibus.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by alb2009 View Post
    So Avengers by Hickman vol 1 went OOP, available with only $70-150 prices. I guess I'm pinning my hopes on an omnibus.
    Keep an eye out for a good deal, because those OHCs are pretty sweet. I love omnibuses, but these OHCs are nicely sewn and just the right size for comfortable reading.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alb2009 View Post
    Arrrgh!! I was just going to buy the whole series on CGN on Monday. That stinks so bad!

Where are you seeing them for sale even at those prices?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Does anyone have the ability to scan or already possess a scan for the dust jacket for Earth X?