Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieMad View Post
    I far prefer NMC, but it's a bit unfair to call Gem Mint disingenuous. He did a video a while back where he actually went through his collection book by book and tallied which he'd read. His read total was below half, but he was at least honest about it.
    That's part of what I'm referring to. He doesn't seem like he's even into reading them and he buys things that he clearly has no interest in or intention of reading. I don't have the time to read all the stuff I have but these things sell out in part, I'm sure, because people like him are buying stuff they won't even read but just "have to" have it because it's an omnibus and consider themselves "omnibus collectors" in "the omnibus game" instead of just being fans of the stories. Also how he just switches his hobbies every couple years or so. He was doing CGC slabs or whatever, then he was doing statues that he kept for a short time, then got rid of those, now he's got arcade games he probably doesn't play, in addition to a collection he apparently barely reads.

It's ultimately his choice and his right, but i imagine I'm far from the only person to think this way because of it.

I'm not saying he doesn't like comics at all, I just think he is more about the appearance of everything, both to himself and to others, than he is about actually enjoying what he has.
    Last edited by Victor_Von_Doom; 03-11-2021 at 10:17 AM.