Page 757 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2576577077477537547557567577587597607617678078571257 ... LastLast
Results 11,341 to 11,355 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by Master Destructo View Post
    Based on past updates, probably mid March. It can vary by several weeks though.
    Thank you!

For what it's worth and I hope this hasn't already been posted, but Marvel liquidating it's Dark Tower books to retailers. (No omnibus collections tho.)

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/02...ons-retailers/

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    For what it's worth and I hope this hasn't already been posted, but Marvel liquidating it's Dark Tower books to retailers. (No omnibus collections tho.)

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/02...ons-retailers/
    Coincidentally, I bought The Stand and Dark Tower Omnibus collections pretty cheap last week. Just waiting for them to be delivered.

Bit worried about the glue issue, but seems like a good deal and ran the risk.

Did anyone here purchase the Civil War Box Set? Are they all Oversized HC? Or regular ones? And can you tell me the exact issues collected? I wanna be sure it has the entire thing. Ultimately, would you say it's worthy?

Thanks in advance!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Did anyone here purchase the Civil War Box Set? Are they all Oversized HC? Or regular ones? And can you tell me the exact issues collected? I wanna be sure it has the entire thing. Ultimately, would you say it's worthy?

Thanks in advance!
    I didn't purchase it but they are definitely regular sized and not OHCs.

According to the MMW website , the contents are:

Box set including Civil War Prologue Premiere HC, Civil War Premiere HC, Civil War: Avengers Premiere HC, Civil War: Fantastic Four Premiere HC, Civil War: Front Line Premiere HC, Civil War: Marvel Universe Premiere HC, Civil War: Spider-Man Premiere HC, Civil War: The Underside Premiere HC, Civil War: X-Men Premiere HC, Civil War Aftermath Premiere HC, Civil War Files Premiere HC

Thank you, Raffi!

According to this article, Black Panther books are topping sales on Amazon:
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/02...-comics-sales/

And yet we don't get a Black Panther Omnibus when the movie is coming out next week. What was Marvel thinking?

Spectacular Member

Thank you, Raffi!

And yet we don't get a Black Panther Omnibus when the movie is coming out next week. What was Marvel thinking?
    Opportunities missed!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Thank you, Raffi!

Crazy that they didn't. We didn't get an Ant-Man/Giant Man Omni either when that film came out and they had the Silver Age material to do it, still do but aren't getting one this time for the sequel either.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Yeah, there are a lot of opportune runs to collect as well. I've always wanted to read Priest's run, based on all the love it gets. A Don Mcgregor collection would also be great. And of course, Kirby would be an obvious choice.

By the way, been searching a long time - Anyone remember a short Black Panther comic where he was possibly traveling in an underground sewer system, battles someone, gets a bloody cut?
    Fuzzy memory but let me know if that rings a bell, please.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I'm very confident we'll get a couple of Black Panther Omnibuses alongside the 2nd Panther movie. And who's to say there won't be an Ant Man Omnibus in the upcoming couple of solicitations. We're getting a couple of Wolverine Omnibuses several months after the Logan movie, therefore the same may happen for Ant Man.

Thank you, Raffi!

D'oh! Maybe Marvel's collections department were too busy trying to burn, destroy, and liquidate copies of the Muppet Babies, Ewoks, Ultimate Marvel, and 1990s 1st Omnibus books to bother with Black Panther!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Is it just me or has this thread slowed down quite a bit in the last year?

If it isn't just me, could it be due to Marvel annoying a lot of their hardcore fans with the single-issue game, thus leading to a lowered interest in collected form sales?

Or maybe not, because it seems like they've been putting out a lot of in-demand collections over the last year.
    Nah, it's not you. I used to read these boards daily ... you basically had to. Some days there would be pages of new comments and feedback to check up on. Now I'll skim it here a couple times a week, if that, just to see what's what. Anyone remember the big amazon glitch of 2010 or 2011 or whenever it was? That's when I first found these forums. Then a few years later there was another glitch where amazon had the $150 Stand Omnibus slipcase for like $10.50. It was worth keeping up with, just because you'd never know what crazy deal was going down. All the anticipation and fun surveys about what would be a new Omnibus release, what was everyone's "white whales", etc. Plus lots and lots of good old fashioned back and forth chicanery and foolishness with posters joking around. Good times.

Sadly, those days are long gone now. A lot of the old posters have disappeared, and former "regulars" just check in once in a while. Also the thread has been kind of neutered with good deals going in another (slow moving) thread, etc.

Much like you, I've wondered if it's a declining interest in physical books ... heck, you can't find comics anywhere nowadays except dedicated comic stores. I think the industry is dying off, slowly, and only the hardcore niche fans like us have stuck around thus far. And there just aren't that many fans that will pay the prices for oversized hardcover books or buy every Epic Collection TPB like we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I'm very confident we'll get a couple of Black Panther Omnibuses alongside the 2nd Panther movie. And who's to say there won't be an Ant Man Omnibus in the upcoming couple of solicitations. We're getting a couple of Wolverine Omnibuses several months after the Logan movie, therefore the same may happen for Ant Man.
    I think there's still a slim chance. Remember when they re-released Howard the Duck around the time the first Guardians came out? That wasn't solicited I don't believe, but it was a re-print so it was probably way easier to do than putting out a new book.

I don't think it will happen but one can hope. Ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post

Much like you, I've wondered if it's a declining interest in physical books ... heck, you can't find comics anywhere nowadays except dedicated comic stores. I think the industry is dying off, slowly, and only the hardcore niche fans like us have stuck around thus far. And there just aren't that many fans that will pay the prices for oversized hardcover books or buy every Epic Collection TPB like we do.
    I thought sales for these books are up. Marvel seems to be putting out more as is DC. I think the slow down on this thread is that some folks are starting threads about themes/subjects that would usually have been discussed here.

For example, there's a thread about what books have to happen and one about legendary runs living up to their expectations that usually would have been in this or the DC thread.

Personally, I like it all in one thread, but no big deal, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Personally, I like it all in one thread, but no big deal, I suppose.
    I preferred it all in one thread, too. But that's something we just need to move along from I suppose. If you try to post stuff here you get noise about how there are separate threads. To each their own. Back in the day, it felt like our own little community wrapped up in that ONE thread. Now with threads everywhere, it's been diluted. ceste la vie.

But I don't think sales are down, just not in brick and mortar anymore. I still get a lot of books, I don't think digital is bringing the end of all physical books anytime soon. Is it taking a bite out of it? Sure, but not wiping it out entirely.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Let's hope Marvel collected editions is studding it's lesson and we get New Mutants, Cable, Infinity War and 2 Black Panther Omnis (Priest and Kirby) in the next solicits!
    Most Wanted Omni: X-Factor 90's (Peter David, DeMatteis and DeZago); X-Factor Investigations (Peter David); X-Men: Legacy (Carey); Alpha Flight Vol2 (Mantlo, Hudnall & Lee); Moon Knight by Ellis, Wood & Bunn OHC ; Moon Knight Vol 1; Excalibur Omnibus Vol. 1;Animal Man Omnibus vol. 2; Animal Man by Lemire; Hellblazer by Ennis ; Question by Dennis O'Neil + Rick Veitch.