Page 352 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 2523023423483493503513523533543553563624024528521352 ... LastLast
Results 5,266 to 5,280 of 20730
    Fantastic Member

It was in such high demand, because it couldn't be reprinted until now and it was thought the rights issues would never be resolved (sort of like Miracleman). And it may come as a serious shock to some of you, but there are people who read it before, liked it, and wanted it collected, just like there were people who read it before and didn't care for it. Similarly, there are people who'll read it for the first time in these omnibi and will like it, and those who'll read it for the first time and won't like it. Because people like different things. I seriously doubt there was ever a critical acclaim for this series, but people just go to extremes with other people's opinions. I will never get why would anyone take seriously opinions of random folks on the internet, especially the negative ones. I've seen too many ridiculous exchanges that go like this:
    - I'm thinking of getting book X.
    - It sucks.
    - OK, then it's a pass.
    Really? It's a miracle anybody ever tries anything new. On the other extreme, there was a guy recently on another forum, who because of many reviews he had read bought all three Johns Green Lantern Omnibi (which must have been like $200 at least) and made a thread asking people why should he like it, because he doesn't. Jesus.

Eh, I'm kinda rambling I guess. The point is people like different things. Master of Kung-Fu doesn't have critical acclaim, just some people really like it. And even if it had, some other people reading it for the first time 40 years later and not liking it wouldn't mean that it's not deserved. If you want to try it, try it.

Well said.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

DEADPOOL: BEGINNINGS OMNIBUS Cover by PETE WOODS:

Collecting NEW MUTANTS (1983) #98; X-FORCE (1991) #2, #11, #15, #47 and #56; NOMAD (1992) #4; DEADPOOL: THE CIRCLE CHASE #1-4; SECRET DEFENDERS #15-17; DEADPOOL (1994) #1-4; WOLVERINE (1988) #88 and #154-155; HEROES FOR HIRE (1997) #10-11; DEADPOOL TEAM-UP (1998) #1; and material from AVENGERS (1963) #366, SILVER SABLE & THE WILD PACK #23, and WOLVERINE ANNUAL '95 and '99.

X-MEN: APOCALYPSE WARS OHC Cover:

Collecting ALL-NEW X-MEN (2015) #9-11, EXTRAORDINARY X-MEN #8-12 and UNCANNY X-MEN (2016) #6-10.
    Last edited by Raffi Ol D'Arcy; 06-22-2016 at 12:39 AM.

WOLVERINE: ORIGIN -- THE COMPLETE COLLECTION OHC Cover:

Collecting ORIGIN #1-6 & ORIGIN II #1-5.

I was quietly hoping Marvel would release these two series in an OHC together. Origin is a favourite and I haven't yet read Origin II. I'm planning on picking this up.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: WORLDWIDE VOL. 1 OHC Cover by ALEX ROSS:

Collecting AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (2015) #1-11.

DEADPOOL: WORLD'S GREATEST VOL. 1 OHC Cover by MIKE HAWTHORNE:

Collecting DEADPOOL (2015) #1-7 and #3.1: TRES PUNTO UNO.

MARVEL MASTERWORKS: THE INVINCIBLE IRON MAN VOL. 10 HC Cover by GIL KANE:

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wisdom View Post
    It was in such high demand, because it couldn't be reprinted until now and it was thought the rights issues would never be resolved (sort of like Miracleman). And it may come as a serious shock to some of you, but there are people who read it before, liked it, and wanted it collected, just like there were people who read it before and didn't care for it. Similarly, there are people who'll read it for the first time in these omnibi and will like it, and those who'll read it for the first time and won't like it. Because people like different things. I seriously doubt there was ever a critical acclaim for this series, but people just go to extremes with other people's opinions. I will never get why would anyone take seriously opinions of random folks on the internet, especially the negative ones. I've seen too many ridiculous exchanges that go like this:
    - It sucks.
    - OK, then it's a pass.
    Really? It's a miracle anybody ever tries anything new. On the other extreme, there was a guy recently on another forum, who because of many reviews he had read bought all three Johns Green Lantern Omnibi (which must have been like $200 at least) and made a thread asking people why should he like it, because he doesn't. Jesus.

Eh, I'm kinda rambling I guess. The point is people like different things. Master of Kung-Fu doesn't have critical acclaim, just some people really like it. And even if it had, some other people reading it for the first time 40 years later and not liking it wouldn't mean that it's not deserved. If you want to try it, try it.
    and that's why people should
    a.) when they ask if they will like something maybe specify what books they usually like so we can compare your taste to the book you are asking about
    b.) the people who answer maybe elaborate on their opinion and not just say "it's a turd, avoid like plague".

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wisdom View Post
    - It sucks.
    - OK, then it's a pass.

The bolded is huge. I can understand wanting to seek alternate opinions to see if you missed something....but sometimes people are just too afraid to formulate an opinion of their own. It's the constant need to be agreeable and part of the zeitgeist that kills individualism. So you like Avengers: The Crossing and hate Alan Moore's Swamp Thing? Big deal. Nobody makes a fuss if you don't like the taste of a certain food....(unless its chocolate..you may want to get yourself checked out if you dislike it :P)...I don't know why the mentality changes for artistic tastes. No amount of convincing is going to make me like pineapple lol.

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    I assumed MOKF was a critically acclaimed run. If that's not the case, why was the omnibus in such high demand?
    Eh. I don't think it was. I think we're just a very small subset of a very small niche.

How'd it do in units sold compared to other recent omnis? Has that been released yet? (Probably not yet.)

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Collecting DEADPOOL (2015) #1-7 and #3.1: TRES PUNTO UNO.
    8 issues? $35? Is that the thing now, or is that a Deadpool tax?

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    The bolded is huge. I can understand wanting to seek alternate opinions to see if you missed something....but sometimes people are just too afraid to formulate an opinion of their own. It's the constant need to be agreeable and part of the zeitgeist that kills individualism. So you like Avengers: The Crossing and hate Alan Moore's Swamp Thing? Big deal. Nobody makes a fuss if you don't like the taste of a certain food....(unless its chocolate..you may want to get yourself checked out if you dislike it :P)...I don't know why the mentality changes for artistic tastes. No amount of convincing is going to make me like pineapple lol.
    I can't agree with you more. I wonder how many people read something, enjoy, but then go online to see that a lot of people hated it so then they change their minds. I know i've done it partially. Sometimes i'll avoid reviews on stuff i've enjoyed, just seeing someone point out flaws that i didn't realize (every book has them) can kind of ruin my enjoyment a little bit.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Yep. The Gambit mini is already collected in Gambit Classic Vol. 1, and the Rogue one is in Vol. 2.
    Thanks for the answer. That's a pity. I hoped for something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Eh. I don't think it was. I think we're just a very small subset of a very small niche.

How'd it do in units sold compared to other recent omnis? Has that been released yet? (Probably not yet.)
    The stats for June will be available in around the second week of July. And yes, it will be pretty interesting to see how well it sold, although, we need to remember they will be the figures for units sold to North American comics shops and not directly to the end customer. Btw, it would seem that the Variant edition has sold out.