Page 503 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 34034534934995005015025035045055065075135536031003 ... LastLast
Results 7,531 to 7,545 of 20730
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I have heard absolutely NOTHING good about SA Daredevil. People seem excited for a new omnibus, rather than a new omnibus of that material.

Considering the huge price hike on omnis for the UK since the dumb Brexit stuff, I dont think I can afford to take a punt on really bad stuff just for the sake of liking a run on the character many years later...
    Pricewise, I am in the same boat, athough living in Germany. The prices for Omnis and OHCs have gone up in recent years. New Omnis are constantly in the range of 100 -115 Euros. Bad thing: If you want to buy overseas, the book itself can be had for way cheaper, but then the shipping kicks in and you are almost in the same region. Getting 3 Omnis a month is out of the question. And since they tend to get rare soon, I buy less and less as this would damage my collection with holes I cannot fill. Adding to that the thin paper situation and you get the pic.
    Daredevil would be on my list as some of the MMWs are selling for stupid prices on ebay and SA and moreso GA stuff has to be read differently and with a different mindset anyhow. It was another time and pacing and wording was different than today.

Amazing Member

It was bound to happen, wasn't it? Bad luck has finally caught up with me.

Last night I began reading the new Ms. Marvel Omnibus. The series started out great and it had me hooked instantaneously. I kept reading until issue #4, when I suddenly happened to stumble upon this nightmare.

http://imgur.com/a/YYBUQ

I am going to contact IST and hope for a refund or a new copy. I hate printing errors.
    Last edited by benkerino; 01-10-2017 at 05:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by benkerino View Post
    It was bound to happen, wasn't it? Bad luck has finally caught up with me.

Last night I began reading the new Ms. Marvel Omnibus. The series started out great and it had me hooked instantaneously. I kept reading until issue #4, when I suddenly happened to stumble upon this nightmare.

http://imgur.com/a/YYBUQ

I am going to contact IST and hope for a refund or a new copy. I hate printing errors.
    Devastating! I've never seen any book this bad. Missing pages or just double printing on the same page? How recently did you order?

Motivated to open up the wrapped books on my shelf...

Quote Originally Posted by okSwede View Post
    Devastating! I've never seen any book this bad. Missing pages or just double printing on the same page? How recently did you order?

As I recall IST has about a three day return policy. I've gotten to where I open my books but you might not catch everything.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by okSwede View Post

As far as I can tell, no pages are missing. I skimmed through the rest of the book in search of more double printing errors but could not find any. I placed my order a week or so before christmas and it recently arrived (I live overseas).

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

IST will let you return stuff weeks after yu buy it, as long as you send pictures of the damage. Trust me, I'm on my third return of the year.

If their prices weren't so good, I'd have quit buying from them by now.
    Cyclops was right

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Printing errors are no fault of any distributor. It's how an outlet deals with it once it's brought to their attention and how long from the actual purchase date. They have a window on when they can return items for credit or swap out inventory.
    I feel IST has always done right by me when I've discovered it in a reasonable time frame from purchase. However, I open them all when they arrive to scan for miscut pages, pages stuck together or obvious ink bleeds. Still, some of it you may not catch till you read it, like this recent Ms.Marvel example.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Has an OHC of The Vision been announced?

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Has an OHC of The Vision been announced?
    annoyingly not. Same with Slott and Allred's Silver surfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    For real, based on Allred's art alone

Spectacular Member

Picked up the new Wolverine Weapon X Unbound TPB this week, collecting his v2 solo series issues 47-57. It's effectively Wolverine by Hama & Silvestri Volume 3.

Ever since this title was first solicited, I've been wondering why Marvel continues to publish non-Epic collections for classic Wolverine material, when his Epic line has been well-established for over two years. Indeed, the third of his Epic Collections (vol 12) will be released later this month. I'm most curious about how they plan to close the gap that remains from 58 through 86, joining up to Epic Volume 8. This span is too long for one Epic but not enough to justify two of them.

Looking at the creative teams in the wake of Silvestri's departure, it seems most natural to do one more volume themed on the collaboration between Larry Hama and Mark Texeira, encompassing 58 through 68. It would be welcome to see more value added to this otherwise brief collection with the inclusion of the Wolverine: Evilution OGN.

Then, it would be straightforward to capture issues 69 through 86 in a proposed Epic Collection Volume 7, along with the Wolverine: Inner Fury and Wolverine: Killing OGNs. Possibly the Wolverine: Global Jeopardy one-shot too, space permitting.

Thanks, as always, to Krisis - your Wolverine guide was an invaluable resource to me in identifying the relevant OGNs from this period of Wolvie's ongoing continuity.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Vision and Silver Surfer are my 2 most wanted OHCs of new material. I swear they're waiting for me to give in and buy the trades before soliciting these as OHCs...

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Near Mint View Post
    Picked up the new Wolverine Weapon X Unbound TPB this week, collecting his v2 solo series issues 47-57. It's effectively Wolverine by Hama & Silvestri Volume 3.

Ever since this title was first solicited, I've been wondering why Marvel continues to publish non-Epic collections for classic Wolverine material, when his Epic line has been well-established for over two years. Indeed, the third of his Epic Collections (vol 12) will be released later this month. I'm most curious about how they plan to close the gap that remains from 58 through 86, joining up to Epic Volume 8. This span is too long for one Epic but not enough to justify two of them.

Looking at the creative teams in the wake of Silvestri's departure, it seems most natural to do one more volume themed on the collaboration between Larry Hama and Mark Texeira, encompassing 58 through 68. It would be welcome to see more value added to this otherwise brief collection with the inclusion of the Wolverine: Evilution OGN.

Then, it would be straightforward to capture issues 69 through 86 in a proposed Epic Collection Volume 7, along with the Wolverine: Inner Fury and Wolverine: Killing OGNs. Possibly the Wolverine: Global Jeopardy one-shot too, space permitting.

Thanks, as always, to Krisis - your Wolverine guide was an invaluable resource to me in identifying the relevant OGNs from this period of Wolvie's ongoing continuity.
    Yeah I was pretty annoyed by this too.

There are very few Wolverine runs I'm interested in, and Hama's is one. I loved the first 2 vol.'s, and was hoping this would be labeled vol. 3. As you say, it's not even an Epic Collection either, so it's going to stick out like a sore thumb...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by TheManInBlack View Post
    Vision and Silver Surfer are my 2 most wanted OHCs of new material. I swear they're waiting for me to give in and buy the trades before soliciting these as OHCs...
    The second trade of Vision just released a few weeks ago. I fully expect we'll see an OHC solicit probably by summer for a Fall/Winter release.

I've been incredibly aggravated by the lack of Silver Surfer OHC's as well. Like somebody around here said a couple of months ago, Marvel probably expects to end this series not too far in the future, then hopefully release a complete omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Awesome, thanks again!!
    I sent you a PM