Page 912 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 4128128629029089099109119129139149159169229621012 ... LastLast
Results 13,666 to 13,680 of 20753
    Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iPodwithnomusic View Post
    I buy all my books from Chapters online during Buy 2 get 1 free sales. Some of my recent big purchases were the Avengers by Jonathan Hickman Omnibus v1 for $64 and Uncanny X-Men Omnibus v1 for $48. I think those deals are very good so I've been happy with Chapters.
    Those are good deals. How often do they have those?

I just got back in the omnibus game when they had their 40% off DC books sale. Some of those prices are still reflected on Amazon which I'm taking advantage of but the bottom will drop out soon.
    Miller was right.

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I want the Brubaker Captain America Omnibus
    I read the single issues and thought both writing and art was spectacular.
    This is my #1 most wanted reprint. I believe there's 2 Brubaker Cap Omnis. There's 1-24(?) then 25-42, which is titled Death of Captain America, if I'm not mistaken.
    Last edited by j0nnyboy; 01-28-2019 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    This is my #1 most wanted reprint. I believe there's 2 Brubaker Cap Omnis. There's 1-24(?) then 25-42, which is titled Death of Captain America, if I'm not mistaken.
    There's actually FIVE Brubaker Cap Omnis....

The first one, just called Captain America, then "The Death Of...", then Cap "Lives", then "The Trial of" and finally "Return of Winter Soldier"

They could've definitely whittled that down to 3.

Oh ok. The first 2 are probably the best, right?

Spectacular Member

The first three I'd say are the core of the stories. First 2 are definitely hard to find and super expensive.

I'd love it if Marvel have one reprint per half year in their omnibus lineup and start reprinting omnibus with higher demand, so that fans always have access to them regardless the time they jump into this format.

I googled "Brubaker Captain America Omnibus". And looks like you can get the 1st volume USED pretty easy for ~$100 US.
    Last edited by j0nnyboy; 01-29-2019 at 02:15 AM.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Brubaker Cap, along with Astonishing X-Men, is one of those omnis that seemed to be in stock forever and for a killer price.

I wonder if that has any impact on Marvel's willingness to reprint them.
    Miller was right.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    There's actually FIVE Brubaker Cap Omnis....

The first one, just called Captain America, then "The Death Of...", then Cap "Lives", then "The Trial of" and finally "Return of Winter Soldier"

They could've definitely whittled that down to 3.
    True, and I used to feel the same way.

After trying to read some of the larger omni's recently (and packing/moving/unpacking my collectino twice in one year), I've decided I like the 700-900 page size better than the monster tomes, impressive as they can be.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Spectacular Member

So look at the price for the Conan omnibus DM cover on cheapgraphicnovels if more stock comes in, talk about raping my wallet.

https://www.cheapgraphicnovels.com/c...hc-dm-var.html

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avengers1986 View Post
    So look at the price for the Conan omnibus DM cover on cheapgraphicnovels if more stock comes in, talk about raping my wallet.

Even the uglier cover is still number 1 at IST. In Canada at Indigo it JUST came out and is showing 1-2months. On Amazon.ca, its for sale with only a small discount. Conan is popular.

I couldn't justify the $100 difference for the cover and begrudgingly ordered the skinny legs edition a few days ago. Still waiting for it to ship. I hope this ensures we get a lot more Conan!

Quote Originally Posted by Avengers1986 View Post

This is the first DM cover in a LONG while to go OOP same day, as far as I know. Either it be unique in that the Conan fans are a big population and slathering to get this, and/or everyone decided the DM cover was hands above the standard cover. Personally, I always chose the original artwork DM cover when buying new books, although on used I take what I can. Even when it's Alex Ross, ala FF vol 3, I would still go DM if I could. But that one's a hard one for me. That FF v3 Ross cover is amazing.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

I wish I jumped on the ugly cover when IST was offering it for 57% off

Spectacular Member

What’s Waid’s Fantastic Four omnibus like?
    I’ve been picking up Byrne and Hickman FF, and coz of Hawkeye the Fraction one.
    Last edited by koonfasa; 01-31-2019 at 12:37 AM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    A few dribbles on Amazon (there are more, but these were the ones I know haven't been discussed)

Not particularly surprising, but the Age of X-Man minis will all be collected individually:
    https://smile.amazon.com/Age-X-Man-M...5654081&sr=1-8
    https://smile.amazon.com/Age-X-Man-N...5654081&sr=1-1

Also, another X-Men Epic:
    https://smile.amazon.com/X-Men-Epic-...5654081&sr=1-3
    Very weird endpoint on this collection - just two issues between the end here and the start of any X-Tinction Agenda collection
    Why doesn't the X-Men Epic include the 4 issues after Inferno (244-247)? If you start at 248, you dive in the middle of the story...