Page 558 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 584585085485545555565575585595605615625686086581058 ... LastLast
Results 8,356 to 8,370 of 20773

That does sound like a nice change from GUNS GUNS GUNS Punisher. I'll have to check it out as well.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

As the Remender run started it was interesting how, at least in the first arc, he modeled the Rucka start by including a classic Spider-man foe.
    Rucka had a new version of Vulture.
    Remender had Electro.

They had difference in tone and storytelling of course I just found the opening arc to have the similar tie to be interesting.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    As the Remender run started it was interesting how, at least in the first arc, he modeled the Rucka start by including a classic Spider-man foe.
    Rucka had a new version of Vulture.
    Remender had Electro.

They had difference in tone and storytelling of course I just found the opening arc to have the similar tie to be interesting.
    Wouldn't it be the other way around since Remender was before Rucka?

Are Claremont's X-Treme X-Men trades easy to find? I really wish Marvel would release a complete collection for that run.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post
    Wouldn't it be the other way around since Remender was before Rucka?
    All this talk about Remender and Rucka and what I really meant in my comparison was Edmondson!!
    I totally botched that attempt to open up thoughts on Edmondsons run, who followed Rucka.

My bad everyone, my bad.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    All this talk about Remender and Rucka and what I really meant in my comparison was Edmondson!!
    I totally botched that attempt to open up thoughts on Edmondsons run, who followed Rucka.

My bad everyone, my bad.
    Ha ha no worries.

Man, I forgot about Remender's Punisher. That stuff was ridiculous. Talk about invincible. That one started off with the Sentry throwing him across the city. I think ole' Frank might have scuffed his shoulder a little bit. I'm not even going to get into the asinine Frankencastle stuff. You'd think you were reading something from the 90s. Oh well.

Not to derail this thread with a non Marvel book, but since Edmondson and Gerads is the topic, has anybody read their Image military book The Activity? Any good? The fact I never hear anything about it may speak for itself, but Gerads art really seems to excel with realistic military stuff. I'd probably check it out if they had ever released a deluxe hardcover.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Ha ha no worries.

Man, I forgot about Remender's Punisher. That stuff was ridiculous. Talk about invincible. That one started off with the Sentry throwing him across the city. I think ole' Frank might have scuffed his shoulder a little bit. I'm not even going to get into the asinine Frankencastle stuff. You'd think you were reading something from the 90s. Oh well.
    Bought the omni, don't regret it. Shit was fun.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Are Claremont's X-Treme X-Men trades easy to find? I really wish Marvel would release a complete collection for that run.
    Some yes, some no. You have to consider that they've been out of print for over a decade now! But, generally, you can get most of them so cheap that it makes up for spending more on a few. The one that's really expensive isn't even from the proper series - it's Mekanix, a sideline Kitty Pryde series.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    Bought the omni, don't regret it. Shit was fun.
    This. Big fan of Remender's run because of the sheer absurdity

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    Not to derail this thread with a non Marvel book, but since Edmondson and Gerads is the topic, has anybody read their Image military book The Activity? Any good? The fact I never hear anything about it may speak for itself, but Gerads art really seems to excel with realistic military stuff. I'd probably check it out if they had ever released a deluxe hardcover.
    It is pretty decent, I didn't set the bar high as I was reading it at a time when I was testing out loads of Image books. But I did buy all the trades that came out. Partly because it was okay ad partly because Image trades were so cheap back then. Not sure if I would carry on with it now.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Not sure if any of you noticed but IST went out of stock of the Daredevil by Waid Omnibus Vol. 1 in just under a week or so of having it. I actually caved in and ordered it from them (even though I have the OHCs) when it was still available but noticed that it hadn't been picked or scanned after a couple of days of putting in the order. I then noticed it was unavailable so I sent them an email. They promptly replied:
    We are currently sold out of this item but we were able to order a large quantity of the Daredevil by Mark Waid Omnibus from our distributor before the book sold out there. We have been told that those copies should arrive at our warehouse in the next 7-10 days. Once we have received our copies, we will process and ship your order.

It looks like it's a pretty good seller. If any of you are on the fence and want it at IST pricing and bombproof packing, you need to get your order in once they get it back in stock.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    ...It looks like it's a pretty good seller...
    Depends. If you produce low numbers of the book, you obviously can reach a point of "sold out" quite fast, if demand is there. Selling good would mean the publisher have sold what they produced. Not more.

Someone over on the MMW MB found an advance solicit via the Hachette website for a Muppet Babies Omnibus collecting all of the original Star Comics from Marvel back in the day plus the adaption of the Muppets take Manhattan. Yeesh...talk about jumping the shark.

Anybody got a line on when the next Hachette catalog will go live? I like flipping thru the PDF to see what's coming up.

Never in one million years did I ever have a stray thought that the old Star Comics Muppet Babies would be collected ... and as an OMNIBUS! Sheesh, they'll reprint anything. Even a character/concept as goofy as Slapstick made a come back recently. We also know about the Droids/Ewoks Omnibus, but at least that has the Star Wars branding to help it sell.

Let's do a fun survey: What is the remaining LEAST LIKELY material that you think will be collected?
    I mean, what's left Nth Man the Ultimate Ninja? SuperPRO?