Page 619 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1195195696096156166176186196206216226236296697191119 ... LastLast
Results 9,271 to 9,285 of 20773

Does anybody know if there are plans for more volumes after UXM Omnibus Vol 3? I know that there are oversized HCs but they seem to miss a lot of issues so I don't want to buy those if an omnibus will then come out :P I did hear tell of somebody involved (can't remember the name) saying that he had the next few mapped out.

I'm happy to wait since I have loads of others to read too, both outside of Marvel and within Marvel, such as ASM and FF.

Also, regarding Secret Wars, do I need background beyond X-Men? I haven't read much other early Marvel. Well, any actually...
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Thank you everyone for your helpful replies!

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Does anybody know if there are plans for more volumes after UXM Omnibus Vol 3? I know that there are oversized HCs but they seem to miss a lot of issues so I don't want to buy those if an omnibus will then come out :P I did hear tell of somebody involved (can't remember the name) saying that he had the next few mapped out.

I'm happy to wait since I have loads of others to read too, both outside of Marvel and within Marvel, such as ASM and FF.

Also, regarding Secret Wars, do I need background beyond X-Men? I haven't read much other early Marvel. Well, any actually...
    The only thing that really sticks out to me is that at that time Magneto had just joined the X-Men and I don't believe the rest of the super heroes knew that or at least they certainly didn't trust him. Also, know that Kitty and Peter were girlfriend and boyfriend but Kitty was left behind on Earth. That's about all I can remember that you'd need to know but it's been a long time since I read it.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    The only thing that really sticks out to me is that at that time Magneto had just joined the X-Men and I don't believe the rest of the super heroes knew that or at least they certainly didn't trust him. Also, know that Kitty and Peter were girlfriend and boyfriend but Kitty was left behind on Earth. That's about all I can remember that you'd need to know but it's been a long time since I read it.
    also Rhody was Iron man at that point, not Tony but I don't think anyone knew that since Tony's identity wasn't public at that point so most people probably just suspected that it's a different guy.

In light of recent news regarding a certain TV series, I think the chances of UXM vol.4 being released next year have majorly improved, right?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    The biggest developments in Secret Wars were Magneto being grouped in the "Hero" side. He had worked with the X-Men in the Graphic Novel God Loves, Man Kills, but this was the first time he worked with the X-Men regularly. It laid the groundwork for Xavier eventually having Magneto take over the school.

And the Colossus romance with the native in SW was used to justify breaking him and Kitty up when they returned. Apparently that was dictated by Shooter because he felt having a young adult Colossus dating an underage Kitty was not appropriate.

Also the absence of the X-Men meant that when Kitty was transferred to the Massachusetts Academy run by Emma Frost, she had no backup to come to her rescue.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yaggi_Rck View Post
    In light of recent news regarding a certain TV series, I think the chances of UXM vol.4 being released next year have majorly improved, right?
    What news?

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dougtron View Post
    What news?
    The MCs of The Gifted are very loosely based on the Strucker Twins, who first appeared in what will be volume 4.
    Cyclops was right

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yaggi_Rck View Post
    I'd be thrilled to see it sooner than expected, but I hope there wouldn't be any loss in quality without the corresponding MMW volumes completed beforehand. This would be the first Bronze Age UXM omni to jump the gun in that manner (hypothetically).

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    The MCs of The Gifted are very loosely based on the Strucker Twins, who first appeared in what will be volume 4.
    Exactly! Now we just sit and wait...

Fantastic Member

Anybody looking to augment their collection of physical trades with digital collections should check out the prices of MARVEL digital collections on Amazon. All are 80% off of the digital list price (already reduced from the print price) or more ,no coupon codes needed. When you buy the books on Amazon they immediately sync with your Comixology library.

I just bought all three "Daredevil by Bendis and Maleev Ultimate Collection" volumes for $17 (plus 1.36 tax). The same exact volumes on Comixiolgy would cost $85.
    I do not know how long theses prices last, so if dig digital now is a good time to stock up.
    Last edited by Bri; 06-01-2017 at 08:08 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    Anybody looking to augment their collection of physical trades with digital collections should check out the prices of MARVEL digital collections on Amazon. All are 80% the digital list price (already reduced from the print price) or more off, no coupon codes needed. When you buy the books on Amazon they immediately sync with your Comixology library.

I just bought all three "Daredevil by Bendis and Maleev Ultimate Collection" volumes for $17 (plus 1.36 tax). The same exact volumes on Comixigolgy would cost $85.
    I do not know how long theses prices last, so if dig digital now is a good time to stock up.
    Thanks for the heads up. They have all the Marvel Masterworks for $3.40 each. Even some very recent releases like Dr Strange vol 8. I'm using it to fill in some holes I have in my masterworks collection. The epics are also all cheap. Usually $4.

Did anyone pic up the 'Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man: Complete Collection' ? And if so, could you post some pics for me please ? Thanks

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisko View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. They have all the Marvel Masterworks for $3.40 each. Even some very recent releases like Dr Strange vol 8. I'm using it to fill in some holes I have in my masterworks collection. The epics are also all cheap. Usually $4.
    Since yesterday, I have purchased:

Fantastic Four Masterworks Volumes 1 through 10, the complete Lee-Kirby run
    Avengers Masterworks Volumes 6 through 10 (with issues 50 through 100 of Roy Thomas' run)
    Thor Epic Collection (with Lee-Kirby issues 154 through 174)
    Complete Collection Volumes of both Jim Starlin's Captain Marvel and Warlock runs
    Alpha Flight Classic Volumes 1 through 3 (the complete John Byrne run)
    Daredevil Ultimate Collections Volumes 1 through 3 (the complete Bendis-Maleev run), plus the volume with the Parts of a Hole David Mack story that ran in issues 9-15 of that series
    Avengers West Coast VisionQuest and Darker than Scarlet (John Byrne run)
    Doctor Strange Masterworks Volume 3 (the first Gene Colan issues), Epic Collection (picks up from there and goes through the Frank Bruner era), and Masterworks vol 8 (the Chris Claremont-Gene Colan run)
    Spider-Man Kraven's Last Hunt
    The Unworthy Thor
    Hulk Future Imperfect (includes The End one-shot)
    X-Men Masterworks volume 6 (includes the Neal Adams run)

Total spent: $118
    Last edited by Samurai32; 06-02-2017 at 05:09 PM.

Does anybody know if there are plans for more volumes after UXM Omnibus Vol 3? I know that there are oversized HCs but they seem to miss a lot of issues so I don't want to buy those if an omnibus will then come out :P
    Yes but not until X-Men Masterworks vol.11 comes out (who knows when) and sells for awhile. So you're gonna be waiting a bit.

Uncanny X-Men Omnibus vol. 4 was confirmed by an employee who claimed it was already mapped out.

I would think it would include... Uncanny X-Men #176 to either 199 or 201, Annuals #8-9, X-Men/Alpha Flight #1-2, Nightcrawler #1-4, Kitty Pryde & Wolverine #1-6, the Storm story from Marvel Fanfare #40, and whatever extras?

They'd probably stop at Omni volume 5 and then there's be a hardcover run all set.
    Last edited by AstonishingXMan; 06-03-2017 at 01:59 PM.