Page 871 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 3717718218618678688698708718728738748758819219711371 ... LastLast
Results 13,051 to 13,065 of 20773

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 12:32 PM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    The Infinity War Omnibus has a 35% discount if people were waiting to pre-order, https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1302915967, so it is £62 at the minute.
    A) It'll arrive damaged, so good luck with that
    B) If IST is available to you, just wait, it'll be 50% off the week of release most likely. At worst 42% off.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 12:32 PM.

Amazing Member

Same here, I live in Europe and IST isn't an option for me.

My last omnibus orders from Amazon went like this:
    - 2 omnis, arrived damaged : Amazon sent two new ones the day after
    - 2 omnis, no problem
    - 1 omni, no problem

Astonishing Member

sorry wrong post, so when will we see the rest of claremont xmen on hardcover the missing gap is between vol 3 and the upcoming mutant massacre omnibus.
    Last edited by Rzerox21xx; 09-15-2018 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Author View Post

My last omnibus orders from Amazon went like this:
    - 2 omnis, arrived damaged : Amazon sent two new ones the day after
    - 2 omnis, no problem
    - 1 omni, no problem
    I too live in Europe and usually order from amazon.de. My latest comic book orders:

- 4 books: 1 was the wrong comic book, 1 was the correct book but with substantionally different size proportions to what was described on the sales page.
    - 3 books: no issues
    - 2 books: 1 missing, 1 damaged
    - 2 books: no issues
    - 3 books: no issues with the books, but a non-book item never showed up
    - 3 books: packaged was returned to sender by the post office before being delivered due to faulty packaging
    - 3 books: 1 damaged

A bit too many issues in my opinion. Granted though, their customer service has always been both fast and kind to resolve the issues in more than satisfactory ways. But I wish they'd do something about their shipping department.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    I'd love to be able to use IST, if it's international shipping wasn't so steep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Author View Post
    ITS' international shipping IS very steep, but even so it usually costs about the same or less (often substantially so) than buying from Amazon.com, AND their packages are bullet-proof. I've been using them for over three years now. Even if it always were the same price or more, the peace of mind you have when ordering from them is priceless. Amazon literally just tosses books in a big box, it's ridiculous.

It takes their packages twice the time to arrive, though, but I'm never in a hurry.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    ITS' international shipping IS very steep, but even so it usually costs about the same or less (often substantially so) than buying from Amazon.com, AND their packages are bullet-proof. I've been using them for over three years now. Even if it always were the same price or more, the peace of mind you have when ordering from them is priceless. Amazon literally just tosses books in a big box, it's ridiculous.

It takes their packages twice the time to arrive, though, but I'm never in a hurry.
    DITTO!

One minor point for IST is that their European shipping fees have gone up several dollars which doesn't help although their packaging and customer service is the best there is and difficult to be topped.

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    I too live in Europe and usually order from amazon.de. My latest comic book orders:

- 4 books: 1 was the wrong comic book, 1 was the correct book but with substantionally different size proportions to what was described on the sales page.
    - 3 books: no issues
    - 2 books: 1 missing, 1 damaged
    - 3 books: no issues with the books, but a non-book item never showed up
    - 3 books: packaged was returned to sender by the post office before being delivered due to faulty packaging
    - 3 books: 1 damaged

A bit too many issues in my opinion. Granted though, their customer service has always been both fast and kind to resolve the issues in more than satisfactory ways. But I wish they'd do something about their shipping department.

You would think it would benefit them if they did do something about their shipping department in regard to collected comics. They have to eventually see the numbers in how many items they've had returned to them damaged, and them having to send new copies out. Comic sales are a small fraction of their overall business scheme, but things like this will hurt them in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    You would think it would benefit them if they did do something about their shipping department in regard to collected comics. They have to eventually see the numbers in how many items they've had returned to them damaged, and them having to send new copies out. Comic sales are a small fraction of their overall business scheme, but things like this will hurt them in the long run.
    Indeed. I don't really have better options in terms of number of comics available and, especially, price - so I'll keep using them in spite of arguably way too many mishaps. But you have to wonder if it becomes bad business for themselves at some point. With my latest order as an example, they let me keep two comics while at the same time refunding them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    Indeed. I don't really have better options in terms of number of comics available and, especially, price - so I'll keep using them in spite of arguably way too many mishaps. But you have to wonder if it becomes bad business for themselves at some point. With my latest order as an example, they let me keep two comics while at the same time refunding them.

Knowing how the corporate world works, I wouldn't be surprised if their solution to this dilemma is, rather than improve their packaging methods, to do away with comic trades/hardcovers altogether. I don't know if that'll actually happen as books were Amazon's original product, but you never know.

Knowing how the corporate world works, I wouldn't be surprised if their solution to this dilemma is, rather than improve their packaging methods, to do away with comic trades/hardcovers altogether. I don't know if that'll actually happen as books were Amazon's original product, but you never know.
    Perhaps. I'm honestly worried that they'll simply ban me from purchasing there at some point, because I report so many faults with my orders.

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Don't know if there's an answer out there but I'd like to know too.

This is only a guess, but for every one of you that returns a damaged Omnibus or whatever, there's probably a ton more that get it and go, "not perfect, but good enough" and keep it. I would guess their returns for damaged books are probably pretty low, otherwise they'd actually improve their packing processes. Again, just a guess. But if the returns are (relatively) minimal, then perhaps it's not worth their time/effort/money to improve their craptacular packing on books. Which is pretty bonkers since, as has been mentioned, that was their primary business for years.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

The problem with Amazon is there incredulous way of packing the books.
    They don't seem to believe the person receiving the book matters because Amazon is open to returns.
    Which I do not understand because twice I had a problem with a non comic related order and the person I
    chatted with on line was super nice and helped me, it seemed to me Amazon places a high value on customer
    satisfaction, so this whole cavalier attitude to how they package these collector books is puzzling.