Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    No. If we could get packaging that was safe, we would be glad to order from Amazon, instead of dreading it.
    Sadly no. Amazon offers incentives to its line workers packing. Complete/fulfill "X" orders an hour and by end of day you could have a _____ size bonus. In addition it is apparently in Amazon's interest to risk having to replace an item. Some folks overlook or excuse a small ding. Apparently those folks outweigh us crazy ones who insist when top dollar is paid the item be in top shape.
    At the root you are really competing with a line worker looking for a bonus vs really caring about your book(or other merch really).
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by actionjackson2099 View Post
    This is anecdotal but, when I’ve had books packed with other items the air packs didn’t pop and the contents didn’t get beat up.
    This has long been my solution as well when forced to order any books from Amazon - add a damn stick of deodorant or tube of toothpaste to your omnibus order, and suddenly you get bomb proof packaging! *eyeroll*
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

For Stern's Spider-Man is the unmasked cover the only one coming out today? On CGN the Romita cover says the 27th. IST doesn't even have the book searchable. I really want the Romita cover one.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    This has long been my solution as well when forced to order any books from Amazon - add a damn stick of deodorant or tube of toothpaste to your omnibus order, and suddenly you get bomb proof packaging! *eyeroll*
    In Europe though, there's a good chance they'll ship the two items separately from different warehouses.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    For Stern's Spider-Man is the unmasked cover the only one coming out today? On CGN the Romita cover says the 27th. IST doesn't even have the book searchable. I really want the Romita cover one.
    Previews shows both covers so it should, just go to IST a couple minutes before 3pm est and enter the title in search bar and keep refreshing because it may not show up in the front page right away

https://www.previewsworld.com/NewRel...20COMICS&cat=3

Incredible Member

IST newsletter says no Marvel books today. I hope that when the diamond shipment does arrive, they wait until next Tuesday to post the books rather than a random, unexpected day in the week.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    IST newsletter says no Marvel books today. I hope that when the diamond shipment does arrive, they wait until next Tuesday to post the books rather than a random, unexpected day in the week.
    This works out so I can order the JLA deluxe tower of babel next week with thunderbolts

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Just read the email but luckily I already pre-ordered the Tbolts omni through dcbs and it's already been filled and waiting to ship. Does suck that I gotta wait for the Stern omnibus though.

Never read Thunderbolts. Is it worth the buy and can I read it without any knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Never read Thunderbolts. Is it worth the buy and can I read it without any knowledge?
    You can go in with no knowledge and you are definitely in for a real treat if you get it. IMO it was pretty much one of the best things from 90's Marvel. I honestly envy you for getting to experience it for the first time with no knowledge of it or the twist. I'll leave it at that as anymore info would be a huge spoiler.

Thanks. I'll see if I can find it for a decent price. It's very difficult to get any Marvel omnibus in Europe.

Yeah I can’t imagine a better series to than Thunderbolts to read without knowing much about the premise.

Incredible Member

I'm hoping they eventually get around to collecting the Warren Ellis Thunderbolts in omnibus format.

Also, what do I have to do to get a Spider-Man 2099 omnibus? Is there somewhere to vote? I did the reprint vote.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    I'm hoping they eventually get around to collecting the Warren Ellis Thunderbolts in omnibus format.

Also, what do I have to do to get a Spider-Man 2099 omnibus? Is there somewhere to vote? I did the reprint vote.
    Well they are doing a Peter David Hulk omnibus run right now and starting an X-force Omnibus run... so maybe we will have the Spider-Man 2099 after Hulk Omnibus 4 maybe?

They have to know that that would sell amazingly well...

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I was soooo busy at work that I wasn't able to be at IST at 2cst.
    Finally got on after and no T-bolts in sight. Drats.
    Then I check my long overdue email and see the IST newsletter. No Marvel shipment. Whew!

I'm with the sentiment I hope they wait till next Tue and not randomly on Thur or Friday post this weeks books.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime