Page 565 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 654655155555615625635645655665675685695756156651065 ... LastLast
Results 8,461 to 8,475 of 20754

INHUMANS VS X-MEN HC
    Written by CHARLES SOULE & JEFF LEMIRE • Penciled by KENNETH ROCAFORT, LEINIL FRANCIS YU & JAVIER GARRÓN
    Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
    The X-Men and Inhumans have been on a collision course ever since the link was proven between the Inhumans’ precious Terrigen Mist and the sickness and death of many mutants. And when the Beast discovers that mutants have only two weeks left before Earth becomes uninhabitable for them, an Inhuman/mutant war is unavoidable! It all begins with one choice, and the world will never be the same! As New Attilan comes under attack, the Inhumans won’t surrender without a fight — but when the X-Men target the Terrigen cloud, will that mean the end of the line for the entire Inhuman legacy? Karnak vs. Fantomex! Emma Frost vs. Medusa! The NuHumans vs. Magneto! IVX delivers sensational set pieces and gargantuan grudge matches that promise to shatter the Marvel Universe as you know it!
    Collecting INHUMANS VS. X-MEN #0-6.
    208 PGS./Rated T+ …$50.00

Wow! What a fucking bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    From the BOOM solicitations:

PLANET OF THE APES ARCHIVE VOL. 1 HC
    *****ADVANCE SOLICITED FOR AUGUST 2017*****
    Retail Price: $49.99
    Writer: Doug Moench
    Artists: Mike Ploog, Tom Sutton, Herb Trimpe
    Cover Artist: Malcolm McNeill
    Experience the legendary 1970s Marvel Comics’ Terror on the Planet of the Apes, collected for the first time ever and remastered in this prestigious hardcover. This classic series follows two friends—man and ape—on the run from the law.
    From Doug Moench (Batman), Mike Ploog (Ghost Rider), Tom Sutton (Doctor Strange), Herb Trimpe (Incredible Hulk), and more!

I'll be wanting to pick this up.
    Wow that looks great! Never read any of the Marvel Planet of the Apes stuff. How does it hold up?

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    INHUMANS VS X-MEN HC
    Written by CHARLES SOULE & JEFF LEMIRE • Penciled by KENNETH ROCAFORT, LEINIL FRANCIS YU & JAVIER GARRÓN
    The X-Men and Inhumans have been on a collision course ever since the link was proven between the Inhumans’ precious Terrigen Mist and the sickness and death of many mutants. And when the Beast discovers that mutants have only two weeks left before Earth becomes uninhabitable for them, an Inhuman/mutant war is unavoidable! It all begins with one choice, and the world will never be the same! As New Attilan comes under attack, the Inhumans won’t surrender without a fight — but when the X-Men target the Terrigen cloud, will that mean the end of the line for the entire Inhuman legacy? Karnak vs. Fantomex! Emma Frost vs. Medusa! The NuHumans vs. Magneto! IVX delivers sensational set pieces and gargantuan grudge matches that promise to shatter the Marvel Universe as you know it!

A quarter a page almost! That's great! Byrne steal it!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Wow that looks great! Never read any of the Marvel Planet of the Apes stuff. How does it hold up?
    Yes it looks pretty cool. I only picked up an issue or two as a kid as Marvel UK reprints and can't remember whether they were any good. I fondly remember those years and the old movies. I believe there's a thread dedicated to these upcoming Planet of the Apes Archives on the MMW Forum if you can find it.

No kidding. $7.14 an issue. I'm gonna buy five of 'em!

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

INHUMANS VS X-MEN HC

The worst part is that not only is it one of the worst events in Marvel history, but its arguably the most insulting. There is absolutely no continuity between the X-men books and the Inhumans book, leading to such gems as Charles Soule comparing genocide to a peanut allergy.
    Cyclops was right

Spectacular Member

At least I won't feel the need to buy it. I stopped reading that event after 2 issues. Utter trash.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Does anyone know if Marvel ever collected "The Last Galactus Story"?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    I wouldn't consider anything Bendis wrote about Wasp pivotal. Or any more valuable than a steaming pile of sewer trash.
    Actually, he transformed the Wasp from a flake to a fighter and someone who can think for herself. What happens early gets picked up later toward the end of his run.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    His Thor run is too short for an omni, so the best option is the ultimate collection. His Journey Into Mystery run has an omni coming out and is highly recommended.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    I don't get why they couldn't just include the Thor issues into the JiM omni. I hope the solicitations are wrong.
    I've put together a tpb/hc collection of the Gillen and Fraction stuff and - not having it read it yet - it appears there is some crossover toward the ending with Thor and JiM.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Thought bubbles are fine if you know how to use them.

Bendis'... "writing style" does not lend itself to thought bubbles.
    No, it did not. I think even he realized it and dropped it quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Does anyone know if Marvel ever collected "The Last Galactus Story"?
    Fantastic Four volume 2 omnibus by Byrne

Actually, he transformed the Wasp from a flake to a fighter and someone who can think for herself. What happens early gets picked up later toward the end of his run.

I've put together a tpb/hc collection of the Gillen and Fraction stuff and - not having it read it yet - it appears there is some crossover toward the ending with Thor and JiM.

No, it did not. I think even he realized it and dropped it quickly.
    Nope. That was Roger Stern. And Kurt Busiek.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Nope. That was Roger Stern. And Kurt Busiek.
    LOL...I don't remember Busiek's treatment of her but under Stern she was too busy trying to pick out what outfit to wear.
    I do recall that after Busiek left, Johns came along and wrote a (surprisingly) dull run in which her best appearance was spreading her legs for a tiny ant man. I am not kidding..

So..yeah..Bendis redeemed her.

We get it, you don't like him. But his run on New Avengers is widely regarded and sold a **** ton of floppies and not only has been collected format and reprinted but a vol. 2 omnibus is on a lot of requests lists each year when we do our fantasy wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by TheManInBlack View Post
    At least I won't feel the need to buy it. I stopped reading that event after 2 issues. Utter trash.
    I've heard this event wasn't that good, which is surprising because Soule is a good writer. Either way, it's too much, even at half off. For Marvel's sake, I hope they don't print a lot of copies. This one might quickly find its way into the bargain bin.

LOL...I don't remember Busiek's treatment of her but under Stern she was too busy trying to pick out what outfit to wear.
    I do recall that after Busiek left, Johns came along and wrote a (surprisingly) dull run in which her best appearance was spreading her legs for a tiny ant man. I am not kidding..

So..yeah..Bendis redeemed her.

We get it, you don't like him. But his run on New Avengers is widely regarded and sold a **** ton of floppies and not only has been collected format and reprinted but a vol. 2 omnibus is on a lot of requests lists each year when we do our fantasy wishes.

I've heard this event wasn't that good, which is surprising because Soule is a good writer. Either way, it's too much, even at half off. For Marvel's sake, I hope they don't print a lot of copies. This one might quickly find its way into the bargain bin.
    Stern made her team leader. With Cap on the team. Busiek gave her two terms as leader, one of which was over Iron Man. Bendis Fridged her. Twice.

That being said, I don't hate Bendis. I hate what he did to Scarlet Witch, Vision, Hawkeye, and Wasp, but I actually like a lot of his Avengers stuff. Having Luke and actual adult Peter Parker join the team was brilliant. And Dark Avengers was a fantastic idea.
    Cyclops was right

Woah, a Walt S. Thor omni?! How could I resist?!

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Fantastic Four volume 2 omnibus by Byrne
    Wait, what? I have that book but I haven't read it. I did not know that. Thank you very much TomSlick!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor