Page 252 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1522022422482492502512522532542552562623023527521252 ... LastLast
Results 3,766 to 3,780 of 20773
    All-New Member

Hey everyone,

I saw the conversation about the Marvel Artist Select Series and thought that I'd post some pics for everyone. For those who have the Sal Buscema book, the Perez book is just about the same size. It really looks great. Here are some pics:

It also has an interview at the beginning which I just flipped through, but overall it looks like a great book for the price.

All-New Member

More pics....

All-New Member

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    I'm having a hard time deciding on my next order. Its between Fantastic Four vol 1 and 2 omnibus(since they are still on bargain prices) and Avengers vol 2 by busiek. I have only read hickmans FF and realize stans is much different. I love sci fi and adventures. As for avengers Ive only read the new avengers omni and hickmans avengers up to time runs out. But I have read the busiek iron man omnibus which had a few of his avengers issues in it which I loved the book as a whole. Obviously 2 omnis for the price of one is a much better deal although ive never read an silver age book before. I know theres alot of writing and explanation but what I care about more is the story. Is stans FF a bunch of wacky one shot issues or some good reads? I'm sure ill like busieks avengers, also I hate to have it go OOP within a few months which I kinda of doubt(although vol 1 is oos on IST).

Which would you guys choose?
    Get the Avengers. FF has had multiple printings already and has more copies out there. If all three were to go out of print tomorrow I would wager you could find the FF's cheaper on the after market. The Avengers is also available in OHCs but if you already have volume one I would want the matched set. IIRC the FF were part of the clearance recently, so I doubt the price will jump really soon.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I collect the regular editions. Not a fan of the variants.
    I still can't decide what to get... I am in a dilemma
    I like the MMW variants more (I possess the first Spider-Man MMW, but couldn't check the build quality and didn't pay attention back then when I bought it, so that's why I asked here).
    So I spent a few hours to check the availibilty of the Hulk MMW
    The Hulk MMW variants Vol.2-4 are hard to get and I want to avoid to order from the US, because of the high shipping fee and in the case the book is damaged, you must send it back to the US which takes 2-3 weeks and furthermore I don't know if I need to pay customs duties.
    The newer Volumes are much easier to get and the ones that will be published, I can get both for the same price with some discounts from Forbiddenplanet.co.uk
    But nevertheless I think I go for the standard MMW, simply because they are easier to get and probably cheaper.

That same dilemma I had with the Marvel Premiere Classic line.
    I have the standard version of "The Death of the Stacys" and "Kraven's Last Hunt", then I noticed that they are also variants (but these 2 books were already oop long time before) and bought some other Marvel Premiere Classic variant books.

What I don't like about these variant editions that they are numbered according to their releases. So if you put it in the shelf the standard editions look much nicer than the variant editions with their (random) numbers, unless you possess all of them (I can't afford them =))
    Last edited by Jaepuck; 04-01-2016 at 05:39 AM.

I only collect the MMW variants for new lines. It's too difficult to find the variants for established lines at reasonable prices. Do your wallet a favor and avoid collecting variants exclusively.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    I only collect the MMW variants for new lines. It's too difficult to find the variants for established lines at reasonable prices. Do your wallet a favor and avoid collecting variants exclusively.
    Maybe I do a mix

Spectacular Member MatchstickJohnny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    I have busieks avengers vol 1 but have no read it yet. Currently reading ultimate spider man omnibus. I definitely plan on getting vol 2. But the deal of getting 2 omnis (the ff 1 and 2) for the price of pretty much one is where my issue comes in. Just not sure if id like them or not, I havnt read anything in my collection yet that I dont like.

Anyone else have opinions on this? Ill be making my order tomorrow so I have until then to decide.
    We are talking about the "Heroes Return" era right?

After Onslaught the Image Comics guys did "Heroes Reborn" for Marvel - 13 issues (vol 2) of Fantastic Four, Avengers, Iron Man and Captain America.
    At the time it was being published I loved it. It was great to have those artists reboot the classics. The art was great..the stories..not so much.

After that we got "Heroes Return" (vol 3) of Fantastic Four, Avengers, Iron Man and Captain America. There was some good art on these titles but I didn't think much of anything in the plot made an impact until much later on in these titles. Busiek is no doubt a respectable writer but I just don't remember anything hard hitting. Marvel was in a major slump at this time.

If I had to choose, I would go with the Classic Fantastic Four volumes.
    Last edited by MatchstickJohnny; 04-01-2016 at 06:29 AM.

I'm not really a fan of the Masterworks line, but if I had to choose, I'd take the regular editions over the marble variants any day. Having them numbered by series is much better. From what I understand, the marble variants are made to satisfy the people who have been collecting since the beginning and want their books to match...but what are the black and red variants for?
    Last edited by PLEDGE; 04-01-2016 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drumguy1975 View Post

That looks incredibly tempting! But I can't see it on Speedyhen or on Amazon.

Thanks drumguy. I'm trying hard to resist from getting into another pricey format but those pics aren't helping!

Anyone read "Werewolf by Night Omnibus" ? does it stand the test of time? What about the artwork? Good?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    That looks incredibly tempting! But I can't see it on Speedyhen or on Amazon.
    probably because these are limited runs.

Spectacular Member MatchstickJohnny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    Anyone read "Werewolf by Night Omnibus" ? does it stand the test of time? What about the artwork? Good?

thanks
    I have only read these:

3cb03190bf7cace7b1ced1a99d97c2dc.jpg$_1.JPG

Loved them when I was nine years old....who am I kidding..I love them now!

Sorry ricardo, I have not read the omnibus but your post took me back to 1977 and more reasons why I dig comic books!

This was a big favorite of mine too. It's from the 1974 Power Records Monster Series. Good times. Good times.
    Curse_of_the_Werewolf_(Book_and_Record).jpg
    Last edited by MatchstickJohnny; 04-01-2016 at 08:12 PM.

Incredible Member

Is there any truth to a reprint of The Uncanny X-Force omnibus? Or was i April Fooled?