Incredible Member

As a capstone to all the stuff Bendis and Bru set up, it's pretty terrible. Art takes a downturn too. Hard pass.
    Last edited by newparisian; 05-04-2021 at 11:20 AM.

IMO: As a Daredevil fan, it’s worth reading... at least once. When I do a big, sprawling DD re-read, I find I often skip it and go directly from Brubaker to Waid. That goes for my bookshelf, too — I have the issues digitally, but I didn’t bother with the omni.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Defining yourself as a Completist pretty much answers the question regardless of the varied opinions on the quality of Shadowland...don't you think?

That said I think Shadowland is fun.
    You're right. But I'm trying to be a little less of a completist . There is so much that you need to be selective.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    If you're a Daredevil fan/completist, then yes. This is what I replied to a fellow Daredevil collector who was considering picking up the Shadowland crossover trades:

They are a mixed bag, some pretty good, others to a lesser degree. I remember writing about them at one point but can't remember the exact specifics as it was sometime ago and I would have to check through them again. I do remember that some of the one shots are pretty key such as Bullseye and Ghost Rider as well as the Daughters of the Dragon 3 issues (these are all in the Street Heroes trade). Also IIRC The Blood on the Streets was very good. Being a Daredevil completist, I bought all the trades and read through everything as best as I could chronologically. All the crossovers are somehow linked to the main event. The Thunderbolts trade has four issues, but only the first two are Shadowland tie-ins. The Moon Knight trade has three issues and also an older Moon Knight issue where MK teams up with Daredevil not relevant to the event

Being a Daredevil and Omnibus collector, I later picked up the Omnibus. It's not deemed in general to be a very good event but it does have some fans, though not many. I found it pretty ok with some good and bad moments and there is some very good art. If you're not a big Daredevil fan and you don't have a running flow of spare cash, then you would do better spending money on something else. If you have a complete set of Daredevil Omnibuses bar this one, you may regret not picking it up when it later starts going for high prices, or has it already.
    Thanks. If I can get it for a good price I'll go for it. Otherwise I'll wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    IMO: As a Daredevil fan, it’s worth reading... at least once. When I do a big, sprawling DD re-read, I find I often skip it and go directly from Brubaker to Waid. That goes for my bookshelf, too — I have the issues digitally, but I didn’t bother with the omni.
    Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    As a capstone to all the stuff Bendis and Bru set up, it's pretty terrible. Art takes a downturn too. Hard pass.
    Even if it's less than the runs before, I think it's worth to read it (once).

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    You're right. But I'm trying to be a little less of a completist . There is so much that you need to be selective.
    Have you been talking to my wife??
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Have you been talking to my wife??
    Haha. She's like all the wives

Incredible Member

Am I alone in liking the standard cover for All New Wolverine better than the Kubert DM?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    Am I alone in liking the standard cover for All New Wolverine better than the Kubert DM?
    For me, they're probably as good as each other but I can possibly see why you like the std, what with the classic face and claws. When given the choice, I've gone with DM with the exception of the following: Shang Chi Vol. 4, Infinity Crusade, GA Marvel Comics Vol. 2 and the upcoming FF Vol. 4, Remender Captain America and GA Cap Vol. 2.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    For me, they're probably as good as each other but I can possibly see why you like the std, what with the classic face and claws. When given the choice, I've gone with DM with the exception of the following: Shang Chi Vol. 4, Infinity Crusade, GA Marvel Comics Vol. 2 and the upcoming FF Vol. 4, Remender Captain America and GA Cap Vol. 2.
    I think my issue with the All-New Wolverine DM cover is there basically is no background, just the spotlights or whatever they are. The running pose isn't fantastic. The line work doesn't pop or anything. And there's nothing exciting about the grey costume. The standard cover is a little too Regular Wolveriney, but at least its more vibrant and expressive.

Over at Diamond Comics/Previews World I am now not seeing Peter David's Incredible Hulk v.3 for next week. I did see it listed for next week as late as this past Tuesday. Now, not listed.
    Anyone know something?

Over at Diamond Comics/Previews World I am now not seeing Peter David's Incredible Hulk v.3 for next week. I did see it listed for next week as late as this past Tuesday. Now, not listed.
    Anyone know something?
    Was pushed back a week so will be on IST on the 18th.

^^^Thanks for the clarification.

Amazing Member

Anyone know something?
    FYI, you can see any shipping updates at Previews World. I've gotten in the habit of checking it every week since there seems to be so many changes lately.
    And you can also use Previews World' search if you want to know the current release date of a particular release.

Extraordinary Member

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but I just got the Thunderbolts omnibus and it finally corrects the error that was in both printings of the Thunderbolts Classic TPB, where they forgot to letter one of the pages from issue #4.