Page 775 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2756757257657717727737747757767777787797858258751275 ... LastLast
Results 11,611 to 11,625 of 20773

Sorry chime in late here but anybody foresee both volumes The X-men and both volumes claremont/lee reprinted? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Speaking of books being reprinted, typically Marvel doesn't reprint random stuff just for the helluvit.

I'm looking at the Iron Man "armor wars" and "2020" trades in particular. Why are they reprinting these? My guess is that Slott's upcoming IM run must touch on both of these storylines somehow, and Marvel decided "let's get these out there again so if person like's Slott's stories, they can find the original stories." Just my two cents.

I mean, they reprinted/are reprinting the original Sentry book, and when it was first solicited I instantly thought, "okay, they're Bringing the Sentry back after XYZ years" and now he's getting an ongoing soon, I believe.

Just my two cents on the Iron Man stuff...
    Those are two Iron Man stories that should always be in print IMO
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    I would say go for the Lee/Ditko omnibus some good stories along with some excellent art work.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    I never read Sorcerer Supreme but I would recommend Ditko/Lee. It also felt like a complete story. It is possibly my favourite silver age material I have read. Clea is in this omnibus although it is her earliest stories.
    Thanks, guys. Ended up ordering the Lee/Ditko one. Excited!

Speaking of books being reprinted, typically Marvel doesn't reprint random stuff just for the helluvit.

I'm looking at the Iron Man "armor wars" and "2020" trades in particular. Why are they reprinting these? My guess is that Slott's upcoming IM run must touch on both of these storylines somehow, and Marvel decided "let's get these out there again so if person like's Slott's stories, they can find the original stories." Just my two cents.

I mean, they reprinted/are reprinting the original Sentry book, and when it was first solicited I instantly thought, "okay, they're Bringing the Sentry back after XYZ years" and now he's getting an ongoing soon, I believe.

I agree 100 percent. Also, if you look at Slott's past storytelling, particularly with Spider-Man, he loves to play in the entire toy box of a character's history. Heck, he dug up Spider-Ham. Ha ha, so it's guaranteed he's bringing in Iron Man 2020 - and that's a cool idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Fedor02 View Post
    Sorry chime in late here but anybody foresee both volumes The X-men and both volumes claremont/lee reprinted? Thanks
    I do. Not sure when but at some point they probably will. The X-Men sell and there's going to be a whole slew of X movies coming out in the next few years. In addition, Marvel will probably catch up to those collections as they continue to put out new omnibus sets of the overall Uncanny run.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

You nailed it. Especially in the Epics era, Marvel NEVER releases non-Epic, non-MMW classic material just for funsies. There's always either a tie to a current plot or a multi-media connection.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Amazing Member

Yeah. some of my whales have come back or will be back soon like the punisher ones. Simonsons Thor was my big one although I am pretty excited for Byrnes Fantastic Four 1.
    I picked up all the kung fu omnibus'. Likely deadly hands of kung fu will never get a reissue. I put those 2 in the slightly oddball category that you should pick up now while they are available if you want them.
    Man, I don't know what event it'll take to get Acts of Vengeance or Inferno reprinted but here's hoping for something!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    You nailed it. Especially in the Epics era, Marvel NEVER releases non-Epic, non-MMW classic material just for funsies. There's always either a tie to a current plot or a multi-media connection.
    I took a look at the Amazon listing for some of those. I think Marvel is trying to bring some of these back to have "Evergreen" collections available.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ignition View Post
    Man, I don't know what event it'll take to get Acts of Vengeance or Inferno reprinted but here's hoping for something!!
    Ha. At least anything remotely related to X-Men (Inferno) has a fighting chance given they are releasing loads of Fox movies in the next few years followed by the inevitable new push by Marvel once they get making some. I have some that I would buy if they were to come back out. Silver Surfer, Thor Vol 1, Captain America (70's Kirby), Eternals (Kirby), Annihilation, first few Brubaker Captain Americas etc Some of these are possible. Really, there are loads I would buy if they were re-released (after just looking at a list of all previously released omnibus editions)
    The lesson is to avoid future (wish I had bought that when I had the chance) regrets!

Has anyone else read the X-Force series by Kyle and Yost? I did a blind buy on the the OHCs and, wow, they're somewhat of a chore to get through.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Has anyone else read the X-Force series by Kyle and Yost? I did a blind buy on the the OHCs and, wow, they're somewhat of a chore to get through.
    While I loved the series for its splatter and violence, dark tone and very mature themes, I can see that it is not for everybody. The art itself is also really different from everything that I read before, Crain is known for his digital heavy work I guess.

The other issue is that it ties in heavily with storylines from the main UXM book and also linewide or smaller crossovers: the starting point was Messiah Complex, than we have some great issues in my opinion featuring Rahne, Warren, X 23, Domino but the main antagonists are all part of the much bigger storylines of the X world at that point. After that Messiah War, which was without doubt the weakest of the three messiah stories, not long after that Necrosha and Second Coming. So basically a third of the issues are parts of crossovers themselves and I would guess that at least another third tie heavily with other X storylines and reference past events.

That all being said: I think if you are into violence heavy books and like the more "MAX" feel that comes with it, it is a really good read. I re-read the run some time ago when the chunky Fraction trades of UXM were published together with all the event books. The X-Force issues are probably my favourites here.
    Last edited by poolovision; 03-15-2018 at 02:54 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Wow, that is one of my favourite books! When it was coming out in singles, X-Force was THE one I was desperate to read each month. I guess it does come down to personal taste.

I can relate though, I just finished the Vision OHC and I really don't see what all the hype was about.

Quote Originally Posted by poolovision View Post
    While I loved the series for its splatter and violence, dark tone and very mature themes, I can see that it is not for everybody. The art itself is also really different from everything that I read before, Crain is known for his digital heavy work I guess.

The other issue is that it ties in heavily with storylines from the main UXM book and also linewide or smaller crossovers: the starting point was Messiah Complex, than we have some great issues in my opinion featuring Rahne, Warren, X 23, Domino but the main antagonists are all part of the much bigger storylines of the X world at that point. After that Messiah War, which was without doubt the weakest of the three messiah stories, not long after that Necrosha and Second Coming. So basically a third of the issues are parts of crossovers themselves and I would guess that at least another third tie heavily with other X storylines and reference past events.

That all being said: I think if you are into violence heavy books and like the more "MAX" feel that comes with it, it is a really good read. I re-read the run some time ago when the chunky Fraction trades of UXM were published together with all the event books. The X-Force issues are probably my favourites here.
    This is a pretty fair analysis and pretty much how I felt. They skipped one crossover but gave a decent summary of what happened. I kind of like Crain's art although I felt the coloring in this series was kind of dark (although that might have been my owning lighting). As far as the story goes, it was kind of boring.

Quote Originally Posted by jm21 View Post

I can relate though, I just finished the Vision OHC and I really don't see what all the hype was about.
    I wasn't a big fan of this book, either. In fact, I'm not too keen on King's writing in general. That said, I give him and Marvel credit for trying something different with this series. It's not your typical comic story and I definitely see why people liked it. It just wasn't for me. I think I've said this before, but Jeff Lemire has a series out right now called Royal City that does what I think this series wanted to do but does it better in my opinion.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jm21 View Post
    I'm glad it wasn't just me. I didn't like it either
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Astonishing Member

Yeah. some of my whales have come back or will be back soon like the punisher ones. Simonsons Thor was my big one although I am pretty excited for Byrnes Fantastic Four 1.
    I picked up all the kung fu omnibus'. Likely deadly hands of kung fu will never get a reissue. I put those 2 in the slightly oddball category that you should pick up now while they are available if you want them.
    I have all the Kung Fu Omnibus in my wish list.
    But i am thinking of just getting one Master of Kung Fu Omnibus now.(Hoping that they stay in print because of a possible Shang Chi television show as Iron Fist have and this way i will get them in the future)
    So,i limited my choices to Master of Kung Fu vol#2 or volume 3.The first have the Moench/Gulacy and the third volume have the Moench/Zeck run in that title.
    I have read some comics of both those runs,and i remember enjoying both of them.So i can not decide if i buy volume 2 or volume 3.
    Which Omnibus do you think is better?The Master of Kung Fu VOl#2 or Vol#3?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    I have all the Kung Fu Omnibus in my wish list.
    But i am thinking of just getting one Master of Kung Fu Omnibus now.(Hoping that they stay in print because of a possible Shang Chi television show as Iron Fist have and this way i will get them in the future)
    So,i limited my choices to Master of Kung Fu vol#2 or volume 3.The first have the Moench/Gulacy and the third volume have the Moench/Zeck run in that title.
    I have read some comics of both those runs,and i remember enjoying both of them.So i can not decide if i buy volume 2 or volume 3.
    Which Omnibus do you think is better?The Master of Kung Fu VOl#2 or Vol#3?
    I just started vol 3. Trying not to read through them too fast. Working on that and Deadly Hands of Kung Fu 1 amongst other things. I loved vol 2 and its one I will read again(the early Cat story and 6 part story are standouts etc). Volume 2 is such a step up from 1(which is still good). Since some storylines carry on throughout I would go with 2. Very much has a Jim Steranko Shield vibe to it (worth checking out). I feel Shang Chi (especially with Gulacy in vol 2) is a spiritual successor to Shield/Steranko. I honestly missed the Gulacy art once he leaves although the writing is still good. He was on such a roll as his run on Shang Chi continued. I am looking forward to getting through more Zeck though.
    Last edited by RamblingMan; 03-15-2018 at 07:21 PM.