Page 1038 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 385389389881028103410351036103710381039104010411042104810881138 ... LastLast
Results 15,556 to 15,570 of 20754
    Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I decided though to NOT get Robin Bronze Age due to the Didio dust jacket change, that helps offset the price increase on the other three. I'll only get Robin if/when a reprint with the original dust jacket design that matches the others happens. I may sell my Doom Patrol and Joker ones I'm so mad at that dust jacket change and Didio's flippant comment.
    I don’t mind the new design provided there aren’t prior volumes that have the original. I like them all to match, but when it’s the first volume like Robin or Joker, it doesn’t bother me that much. The reprint of the GA Supes v1 however, pisses me off.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Being the first volume of x isn't how I see it(clearly) but if it works for you that's great!
    I see it as all being part of the "____Age" branding and therefore the Didio change is inexcusable.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Against my better judgement and partially cause the stimulus check is now pending in my account I went ahead and placed an order at CheapGraphicNovels.com
    I'm getting JMS ASM vol.2 reg cover, Swamp Thing by Collins and Astonishing X-Men(reg cover). I decided though to NOT get Robin Bronze Age due to the Didio dust jacket change, that helps offset the price increase on the other three. I'll only get Robin if/when a reprint with the original dust jacket design that matches the others happens. I may sell my Doom Patrol and Joker ones I'm so mad at that dust jacket change and Didio's flippant comment.
    Was the BA Doom Patrol Omnibus different to the SA Omnibus? I have the SA Omnibus but haven't got around to purchasing the BA.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Was the BA Doom Patrol Omnibus different to the SA Omnibus? I have the SA Omnibus but haven't got around to purchasing the BA.
    Yes and am sorry, last DC tangent by me here.

DP_SA.jpg

Bronze solicit, pre-Didio tinkering
    DP_BA_solicit.JPG

Bronze release
    DP_BA_released.jpg
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member

Let me know what condition those Amazon orders come in, guys :/

Quote Originally Posted by DantonR View Post
    I got my Astonishing last week (from Indigo in Canada).

However, Wolverine, on its day of release yesterday was immediately listed as Out of Stock.

??
    Mine shipped last week too, unfortunately it doesn’t seem to have gone anywhere since it was picked up by the post office. Along with a couple other indigo orders of mine....

Quote Originally Posted by Crossfist View Post
    Let me know what condition those Amazon orders come in, guys :/
    Got Robin and Wolverine omnibus and they are both in perfect shape.

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Got my JMS ASM Vol.2 from Amazon. A little banged up, as I expected, but not horrible. One corner is kinda smushed.. It's not horrible but as an omnibus collector who's used to IST, it bothers me.

Oh well, I don't collect to resell anyway...

(If anyone wants to see a pic of the corner let me know)

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    Got my JMS ASM Vol.2 from Amazon. A little banged up, as I expected, but not horrible. One corner is kinda smushed.. It's not horrible but as an omnibus collector who's used to IST, it bothers me.

Oh well, I don't collect to resell anyway...

(If anyone wants to see a pic of the corner let me know)

I had the same result with the Uncanny X-Force omnibus. Got it via Amazon because it sold out quick on IST, one corner is kind of smushed. C'est la vie avec Amazon!!!!!

Spectacular Member

I'm still waiting for my JMS Spider-Man v2 quesada variant from Forbidden Planet. I guess they work with Diamond, right?

Even if the cover is from the infamous One More Day, I prefer it

Incredible Member

How good is CGN at customer service?
    I finally broke down yesterday and placed an order with them, but I accidentally selected one item twice and then due to an error my card got charged twice for the overall order. I emailed them and also sent a message on their site. Are they good at sorting these kind of things out?

Is there a phone number I can call?

Thanks

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    I finally broke down yesterday and placed an order with them, but I accidentally selected one item twice and then due to an error my card got charged twice for the overall order. I emailed them and also sent a message on their site. Are they good at sorting these kind of things out?

Thanks
    Also, does anyone know what their "special order" mean?

Is it 100% sure to still be in print but they need more time to get it, or is it not sure?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guthwulf View Post
    I'm still waiting for my JMS Spider-Man v2 quesada variant from Forbidden Planet. I guess they work with Diamond, right?

Even if the cover is from the infamous One More Day, I prefer it
    Yeah, me too. It just seems more of an Omnibus cover whatever that means with all the main characters.

I pre-ordered mine with a Polish online comics retailer atomcomics.pl. They've informed us to be patient. They've never let me down.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post

Thanks
    I usually order from IST, but occasionally CGN might have something still available that IST doesn't have or (very rarely) a book at a better price.

I've placed a few orders with CGN for that reason and have never had any problems. This past summer, I ordered The New Teen Titans Omnibus v2. I opened the shrink wrap several months later to discover the book had a section of pages that hadn't been cut. I contacted CGN, and even though this book was bought months earlier, they still refunded my money. So I'd say they have good customer service.

You'll get your money back.

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Not to beat a dead horse, but it's worth noting, today I got my AXM omni from Amazon and there's a corner that was clearly dropped on. Sucks. Amazon simply does not care to solve this problem. I know returns are easy with Amazon, so there's that.