Page 1039 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 395399399891029103510361037103810391040104110421043104910891139 ... LastLast
Results 15,571 to 15,585 of 20754
    Spectacular Member FreakyFraser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    Not to beat a dead horse, but it's worth noting, today I got my AXM omni from Amazon and there's a corner that was clearly dropped on. Sucks. Amazon simply does not care to solve this problem. I know returns are easy with Amazon, so there's that.
    Exactly......and yet I took the time to send them a picture of the box my Wolverine Omnibus came in .........wide open on one end. Just pure luck the book wasn't destroyed. I had to request 3 replacements for UXF and I'm positive 2 of them were damaged before shipping.

Thought about ordering Wolverine omni from Amazon, but when I went there it was $90. I think I'll wait, plenty of other stuff I could get from IST.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by DantonR View Post
    I got my Astonishing last week (from Indigo in Canada).

However, Wolverine, on its day of release yesterday was immediately listed as Out of Stock.

??
    Same with me, and AMS by JMS Vol. 2 all three of those books were part of a buy 2 get third free for me.

All-New Member

Hi, I'm a collector / reader from the UK. I have had some concerns about my pre orders with Amazon UK for the recent reprint releases - Wolverine, AXM and UXF omnis. I a pre ordered them on pretty much day 1 and secured a decent price in doing so.

I am not however confident that they will ever make it to the UK. All of them still show as having release date pending on Amazon UK. Earlier this year they cancelled my pre order of DD Bendis Omni as they allegedly couldn't source stock (even though they were readily selling it on Amazon US).

I have spoken with Amazon Cs and as you can imagine had one of those conversations were you are sure the other person doesn't fully understand what you are talking about. The tried to assauge my concerns stating that all three of the new releases will be coming in May and that I should not be concerned. Somehow I'm not convinced.

If they don't come and they cancel I'm going to be pretty pissed off. I do realise there are bigger problems in the world right now however it's not as if not as if every other retailer in the UK could not get copies - Forbidden Planet for example had some which are now sold out and of course then there are the thousands of copies that are still ebeing sold on Amazon US as we speak.

Basically if they don't come I'm going to stick in a massive complaint on the grounds that pre ordering items from Amazon is basically rendered useless as they do not fulfil orders. Again I realise there is a global crisis ongoing however the same thing happened with the DD omni which preceded that, and I'm sure a company with Amazon's resources can get copies across to the UK if Forbidden Planet was able to do so.

What do you think, is it wishful thinking to hope that these books are going to arrive?

Last edited by JoeGuy; 08-24-2020 at 07:46 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by random82 View Post
    What do you think, is it wishful thinking to hope that these books are going to arrive?
    With disruptions to printing and delivery of books worldwide, it will take some time for retailers to really gauge their actual and incoming stocks.

I know one of the printers had to temporarily halt operations for 4 weeks and counting now. They are unsure when operations will resume because the government announces continuation of lockdowns every other week.

I am taking any indication of OOS or OOP with a grain of salt during these times and hope for the best. Purchase from stores with buy-it-now options like IST rather than pre-orders if possible. Even then I am still anxious until my orders are actually picked and scanned.

Yes, of course they will arrive. They just have to clear customs.
    I got an item from Hong Kong last week bought on Amazon. Just have to have patience.

Amazing Member

Personally worried about Daredevil and SM by JMS volumes 1, cause I missed them when they were released.

Secret Wars II Apologist DantonR's Avatar

Wolverine omni arrived this morning from Amazon.

The book opened better than I expected based on some of the previews found on the usual YouTube channels. The book does form a bit of an eye when opened at the midway point -- not as much as some other books, but nowhere near as bad as, say, the Snyder Batman omnibus. The ribbon does lift and this does help mitigate any potential gutter loss.

Making my way through the opening pages, I have to hold the book open until about page 100 where it begins to settle and rest on its own. Again, much better than the Snyder Batman where I had to basically keep the book in a sleeper hold the whole time I was reading it.

Typical Amazon shipping: a couple of small dings but nothing major.

So, overall, I'm pleased.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Author View Post
    Personally worried about Daredevil and SM by JMS volumes 1, cause I missed them when they were released.
    Daredevil is supposed to come back in stock soon. I think SM is out of print though. I'm in the exact same boat as you lol.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Author View Post
    This is why against my better judgement I went ahead and ordered SM by JMSv2 and Astonishing X-Men despite paying 8-10% more than IST. Not sure what stock looks like and do not want to have to fret after market prices. An extra 10% now(still less cover) is better than a 60% bump(over cover) if OOP.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    This is why against my better judgement I went ahead and ordered SM by JMSv2 and Astonishing X-Men despite paying 8-10% more than IST. Not sure what stock looks like and do not want to have to fret after market prices. An extra 10% now(still less cover) is better than a 60% bump(over cover) if OOP.
    Couldn't agree more.

I ended up finding Spiderman by JMS 1 brand new for cover price so went for it, but I should have bought it before.

The problem is that I live in Europe. While in the US you simple have to buy your books on IST at release, in Europe we usually have to wait until the price decrease several months after the release. But the time between a book being at a low price and then being OOP can be pretty short sometimes.

Marvel and DC need to be more ready for books selling
    Out quick in the future. This new books selling out
    In a few hours and not being replaced for some time
    Is not helping them and frustrates there buyer.
    This was happening way before the current global
    Situation and if they continue to form, will continue
    To happen with the hot new releases.
    It especially smacks me in the face, when I want a book
    And see no major seller has it for sale until a few weeks
    Out and than see some one posting they received
    There copy in the mail. I can not be the only one who
    is bothered by this.

Well I spoke too soon. My Wolverine Omnibus arrived from Amazon with a nasty smashed corner. Sending it back for a replacement but not hopeful for the next copy.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kp404 View Post
    Well I spoke too soon. My Wolverine Omnibus arrived from Amazon with a nasty smashed corner. Sending it back for a replacement but not hopeful for the next copy.
    Ugh. I hate when that happens. Amazon is known for this because they just toss the book in a box with no bubble wrap or anything. And definitely don't buy tpbs from them. I learned that the hard way.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor