Page 900 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 4008008508908968978988999009019029039049109501000 ... LastLast
Results 13,486 to 13,500 of 20773
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

MARVEL MASTERWORKS: CAPTAIN AMERICA VOL. 11 HC Cover by JACK KIRBY:

X-MEN: EVE OF DESTRUCTION OHC Cover by IAN CHURCHILL:

SILVER SURFER: PARABLE 30TH ANNIVERSARY OVERSIZED EDITION HC Cover by MOEBIUS:

THANOS BY DONNY CATES OHC Cover by GEOFF SHAW:

MARVEL COMICS: THE WORLD OUTSIDE YOUR WINDOW OHC Cover by STEPHANE ROUX:

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Was the material included in X-Men Revolution By Chris Claremont Omnibus any good?

I mean I know everyone's got their own opinions, but someone who owns it can you speak to what quality the story is?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    Was the material included in X-Men Revolution By Chris Claremont Omnibus any good?

I mean I know everyone's got their own opinions, but someone who owns it can you speak to what quality the story is?
    If you like Claremont's style, and read it as it's own thing without trying too hard to make it make sense in the context of what came immediately before, it's pretty good.

Worst case scenario, there's some great art from a young Leinil Yu.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Every opinion I've encountered says it's one of the worst things of all time so I stayed away...

So I've been away from this thread since basically the beginning of the year and hell yeah ASM4! But I have a few questions if you don't mind.

I have Thor GoT 1-2 by Aaron and I checked IST and saw there's a bunch of stuff; Thor Prem HC, Mighty Thor Prem HC and more. Which is what? and what am I missing and did the run quality keep up?

I have the Mutant Massacre OHC. If i'm not a insane OCD collector do I need the Omni or is not necessary?

I saw the announcement for the Thanos prequel omni to IG but is it good or just a hodge podge of early appearances?
    Speaking of Thanos, has anyone read the 3 GN by Starlin? any good?

I was going to get Kraven Last Hunt OHC but it it already collected in the Omnis or not?
    I'm skipping the JMS Omni since I have all the OHCs

Merry Xmas!
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    If you like Claremont's style, and read it as it's own thing without trying too hard to make it make sense in the context of what came immediately before, it's pretty good.

Worst case scenario, there's some great art from a young Leinil Yu.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Every opinion I've encountered says it's one of the worst things of all time so I stayed away...

Yikes. Well, I suppose I should check it out for myself. I have Marvel Unlimited where I could probably read just about everything that's put out in HCs or TPBs, yet I still MUST. BUY. OMNIBI. Thanks for the responses! And Merry Christmas to all.

Edit: I've noticed solicits seem to have different release dates. For example Amazon's dates are always later than ISTs. So where does everyone go for the most comprehensive(?) release date coverage? I'm trying to makes lists of stuff I want to get along with the earliest release dates.
    Last edited by j0nnyboy; 12-20-2018 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheManInBlack View Post
    Yeah, this is pretty important. Starlin's (modern) Thanos stories have NOTHING to do with modern Marvel chronology. Which is a good thing IMO.

Since it wasn't specified, the reading order of Starlin's new Thanos OGNs is this:

First Story:
    Thanos: The Infinity Revelation
    Thanos VS Hulk (yes, this fits in here, not an HC)
    Thanos: The Infinity Relativity
    The Infinity Entity (not a hardcover, but absolutely necessary to read here)
    Thanos: The Infinity Finale

Second Story:
    Thanos: The Infinity Siblings
    Thanos: The Infinity Conflict
    TBA?
    Justo to add something: Thanos Annual #1 should be read before The Infinity Revelation.

Yikes. Well, I suppose I should check it out for myself. I have Marvel Unlimited where I could probably read just about everything that's put out in HCs or TPBs, yet I still MUST. BUY. OMNIBI. Thanks for the responses! And Merry Christmas to all.

Edit: I've noticed solicits seem to have different release dates. For example Amazon's dates are always later than ISTs. So where does everyone go for the most comprehensive(?) release date coverage? I'm trying to makes lists of stuff I want to get along with the earliest release dates.
    I think ist literally gets them 2 weeks before amazon.

Spectacular Member

Bookstores and comic book stores like IST get them 2 weeks earlier than Amazon. So just use Amazon release dates minus 14 days in your spreadsheet.

Are there any binding issues with the Simonson Thor Omni?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    So I've been away from this thread since basically the beginning of the year and hell yeah ASM4! But I have a few questions if you don't mind.

I have Thor GoT 1-2 by Aaron and I checked IST and saw there's a bunch of stuff; Thor Prem HC, Mighty Thor Prem HC and more. Which is what? and what am I missing and did the run quality keep up?

I have the Mutant Massacre OHC. If i'm not a insane OCD collector do I need the Omni or is not necessary?

I saw the announcement for the Thanos prequel omni to IG but is it good or just a hodge podge of early appearances?
    Speaking of Thanos, has anyone read the 3 GN by Starlin? any good?

I was going to get Kraven Last Hunt OHC but it it already collected in the Omnis or not?
    I'm skipping the JMS Omni since I have all the OHCs

Merry Xmas!
    Merry xmas.
    I think Kraven Last Hunt have not been collected in the Omnibus format.
    About your other questions i donīt have that much knowledge to be able to answer.Sorry.